TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

if you come on here almost every single day & write unnecessary and negative paragraphs about how sky is that and that, then what did you expect! :uh: i seriously can’t get my head around this logic, it’s just obsession at this point

Just now, Surf Noir said:

do you guys think i'd like sky's music? 

yeah i think so

the stuff that's on spotify now is like the tumblr blog version of ultraviolence and the pre-2012 stuff is like lana's 2010 stuff but less gangsta and more girls just wanna have fun

those analogies might be bad but it's true

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Going to give you all a chance to cut out the drama before I lock the thread. If any fighting continues past this post, the thread will be temporarily locked. 

I'll be going through this thread in a bit to hand out Warning Points where warranted. 

Behave, thank you x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah i think so

the stuff that's on spotify now is like the tumblr blog version of ultraviolence and the pre-2012 stuff is like lana's 2010 stuff but less gangsta and more girls just wanna have fun

those analogies might be bad but it's true

should i go chronologically with each EPs/album/project? (i'm sure there's not much but i think i saw here she has some EPs?

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

27 minutes ago, Rose McGowan said:

Does anyone else really like this song? 

YES I do really like Finders Keepers. It was underwhelming for many but I think it was a really nice addition to my Masochism folder :flutter: 

26 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

should i go chronologically with each EPs/album/project? (i'm sure there's not much but i think i saw here she has some EPs?

yeah I think go chronologically. it's anyways the way i use when discovering a new artist!

As If! EP + One, Obsession and 17 singles (2010-11)

Ghost EP (2012)

Night Time, My Time (2013)

Downhill Lullaby single (2019)

Don't Forget single (2022)

and some collabs and soundtracks here and there iirc.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Not to be a basic white gay but Everything is Embarrassing played at this rave I had to endure going with friends; it was the original version, no edits or mixes and it f*cking slapped. The way that track in specific is as fresh-sounding and anthemic as it was a decade ago goes to show the lengths this woman can go in the right and appropriate context and mindset.

Personally, I don’t care *that* much if she never makes music again because I’m at peace with the little she’s given us which was far more substantial, innovative and trailblazing than most artists achieve with their entire careers.

IMG-7960.jpg

49 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i would go backwards starting with DHL because her early stuff is definitely not to everyone's taste

so downhill lullaby > night time my time > ghost > the as if / cry baby stuff > the rest

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

9 hours ago, EmptyPromises said:

Eh, Capitol isn't some lamb either. Didn't they try to discard her in the early 2010's and told her to return in a few years under a pseudonym?

Its fucked and she should've just been dropped.

Not excusing Sky at all but to be treated as a sex kitten at that age and then made to be disposable  ...yeah.

Who is the legit source of that? 

If it was Sky, then it is hard to tell if it's true or not. She lies so well. 

But you're right about them not being innocent nor nice people, I just find it so hard to believe in Sky 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

26 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Who is the legit source of that? 

If it was Sky, then it is hard to tell if it's true or not. She lies so well. 

But you're right about them not being innocent nor nice people, I just find it so hard to believe in Sky 

I understand why, i mean... after this year lol.

But I've been listening to alt acts and I've seen that Capitol was named dropped by some as exploitative, even back in the 70s.

Its not a shock to believe her on that one thing. It makes sense that they've lasted so long in the game as a company by scummy practices.

Also what did Halsey "steal" from Sky?

Is it all just unfounded like the shartly bullet thing or did Ashley's work actually steal ideas?

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

do you guys think i'd like sky's music? 

ZCG1ZXf.gifZCG1ZXf.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, EmptyPromises said:

I understand why, i mean... after this year lol.

But I've been listening to alt acts and I've seen that Capitol was named dropped by some as exploitative, even back in the 70s.

Its not a shock to believe her on that one thing. It makes sense that they've lasted so long in the game as a company by scummy practices.

Also what did Halsey "steal" from Sky?

Is it all just unfounded like the shartly bullet thing or did Ashley's work actually steal ideas?

Halsey didn’t steal anything. that’s a made up rumor by deranged stans. what exactly does Sky have or did have that’s so worthy of stealing? i’ve seen people claim that it’s about her Ghost music video stealing “ideas” or something from Sky but…..it’s not like Sky is or was an extremely original artist herself. :true: