TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 minute ago, KimKaDAB said:

Exactly

And we're not even asking for the album to leak, like just Pretty Dull and/or The Woods would feed me for months

RT!

It is just horrible that this poor girl has become a spectacle, we are going thru plagues, wars, financial crisis, climate change the list can go on, I truly do not have the energy to keep up with this endless TOXIC cycle of a leak-> people freak out-> attack her -> discourse -> thread close-> thread re-opens -> leak-> sky does something -> attack -> discourse -> thread close ... it is getting OLD and WEIRD!   also this is not an attack on anyone in particular, it is just something I have noticed in the last year or so, whatever cycle this fandom is stuck in needs to be converted into something more positive and productive, its wonderful to see fans still actively awaiting music from someone they appreciate for 10+ years, but what I have gathered is she will give us her art when she wants to, on some-what her terms; being signed to a major record deal at 15 years old is predatory and being exploited is the rallying call behind this situation no matter how much begging, harassing her, misogynistic advances, cyber-therapy, threats and CRIMINAL hacking of her and her label's property is going to change anything... Sky literally has a non -profit linked in her instagram for anyone who wants to occupy their time with something productive... I truly wish her the best if she is reading this, and knows that some people still appreciate her efforts, under her circumstances... All love here :wub: just saying... 

i'm tired of reading everything about this thread, is there anything new? leaks, releasing dates?

i'm gettin tired of her too

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

21 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

imagine being the only good recording artist signed to your label and not being able to release anything...like I know she's contributed to the mess but please, no sane person would ever stay in this horrible cycle willingly

but yeah to echo what others have said it's time for her to take a firmer stand and speak out with a detailed account of her struggles...she's never getting out of this toxic situation unless she forces the issue in a very public way

I concur with this, minus the comment regarding her mental state, none of us know her current state and it is  NOT PRODUCTIVE to hypothesize or become the Internet therapist, it's not edgy anymore to taunt this woman, not calling you out directly, as many people here feel comfortable doing this with no one calling them out, no one knows how she truly feels on a day to day basis, she has been held captive by an exploitative system since she was 15 years old,...  i do agree she needs to make some type of statement, may that be via a social media post, a publicist, a legal channel, a message to her fan updates account on twitter idk... anything honestly, ik she's been able to communicate with some fans over the years and those people are quite protective of the info they receive for obvious legal reasons... in all seriousness this situation has really shown a bleak light on how abusive the music industrial complex is... just v sad.

34 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

imagine being the only good recording artist signed to your label and not being able to release anything...like I know she's contributed to the mess but please, no sane person would ever stay in this horrible cycle willingly

but yeah to echo what others have said it's time for her to take a firmer stand and speak out with a detailed account of her struggles...she's never getting out of this toxic situation unless she forces the issue in a very public way

Ntm on Doechii and Chris and The Queens they're awesome too, but your point is right

Also, speaking of chris n the queens, a collab between Redcar and Sky would eat smmmm

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Also should add, you guys should stop leaking her music and instead leak her contract, or at least her terms that she signed off on single handedly at 15 years old (freshly dropped out from school, and vulnerable, UMG preyed on a minor to exploit and treat as a cash cow and then shelve when they don't comply to every demand and decision... ,  I am going to sound like a broken record but, digesting the last 10 years... its something that needs to be mentioned more often bc its disgusting .... i am sure it would clear up every question but I promise you Universal Music Group would rather see her fold than give the fire oxygen....  :burn: 

Let me be clear that this is not important/serious whatsoever but I’m just genuinely curious if there’s a reason we call it simply “Pray For Rain” when Sky called it “I Pray For Rain”?

34 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Let me be clear that this is not important/serious whatsoever but I’m just genuinely curious if there’s a reason we call it simply “Pray For Rain” when Sky called it “I Pray For Rain”?

I think the leaked file of the second version was titled Pray For Rain and was referred to as PFR when one of the leakers revealed the song credits

Plus Sky doesn’t always use correct titles when posting snippets which is why we thought AMLD was Artificial Love for a while

3 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

I think the leaked file of the second version was titled Pray For Rain and was referred to as PFR when one of the leakers revealed the song credits

Plus Sky doesn’t always use correct titles when posting snippets which is why we thought AMLD was Artificial Love for a while

Oh yeah I see what you mean, but she called it that because a fan referred to it as ‘Bittersweet Devotion’ and she replied something like “It’s called I PRAY FOR RAIN” so it felt like she was being specific but who knows! Again, I’m totally splitting hairs here so no big deal really

Unfortunately her Twitter is gone lmao and I can’t find a screenshot

11 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Oh yeah I see what you mean, but she called it that because a fan referred to it as ‘Bittersweet Devotion’ and she replied something like “It’s called I PRAY FOR RAIN” so it felt like she was being specific but who knows! Again, I’m totally splitting hairs here so no big deal really

Unfortunately her Twitter is gone lmao and I can’t find a screenshot

Oh shi my bad I didn’t know she acknowledged it before. In that case, I truly don’t know :flop: