TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, cinnamongirI said:

dont forget > descending :hottie:

descending is a good song but it doesn’t hit hard tbh. i expected it to be an amazing song but my mind says otherwise

i think the version it was played back in 2019 was way better, specially the ending. 

was bored and made this with a logo maker on cooltext.com :hooker:

https://ibb.co/ctKZVNz

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

7 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

do you all think capitol would give her the high budget she demands if some of her older music went viral on tiktok? I don't use that demon app but I'm just curious

no

negAbhB.png

22 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

do you all think capitol would give her the high budget she demands if some of her older music went viral on tiktok? I don't use that demon app but I'm just curious

higher budget sure, but not as big as she demanded 

Lost in My Bedroom while we show our bedrooms enviroment off 

Boys to show the types of boys that we like

Everything is Embarrassing (wow this one is a classic so we need to do nothin')

Not us doing the planning meanwhile Sky's just living ha life

53 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

Let's be honest, YES

They don't give her budget bc they know they wouldn't receive anything back lol bit things would be different with a hit...

I VOTE FOR I BLAME MYSELF 

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:28 AM, imStiflersMom said:

I really feel for Sky at this point, all ur art, to waste. she needs to get lawyers, find a solution to get free or she wont have a career... as if she didnt already lost 8 years of waiting

Also if artists who have been in the same situation as her either got lawyers or different stage name. They moved on. It's said that Sky has hired a lawyer but I don't believe it honestly.There's no court files or anything listed in the California courts about this issue. She's being hard headed and stubborn. She probably wants to keep her name and won't budge. She might not afford a lawyer but she can get a new stage name. She said she can't do interviews but she did about 10 of them a few months ago with new photo shoots. Which is it? 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, melodrama said:

A screenshot of Sky's Instagram account from 2016:

The bio :toofunny:

And her still having the same amount of followers in 2023 :toofunny: How is that even possible :rip:

IPw5EZN.jpg

Maybe because she doesn't buy followers like all these artists who have 80 million followers and can't sell records.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, DownhillLullaby said:

Asides all the technical difficulties & polemic late arrivals

I wish I could attend her concert for once cause I feel like it's like a once in a lifetime oportunity. 

Also Guardian needs to make its comeback to the setlist!!!!!!!

Jesus. She's going to sing the same songs again? At least she will get paid for this! Hopefully for a lawyer! :dorothy3:

On 1/7/2023 at 6:29 AM, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

I guess I don't understand "they don't want me to do interviews" and the part about certain aspects being someone else's job. Is there something in her contract about legal consequences if she does an interview? What's to stop her from calling up a friend and filming a cute little indie style backyard interview talking about her song and sending it to Stereogum?

And idk, sucks that something is "someone else's job" (and Ethel Cain needs to stop calling out) but... I guess if that's how it is we will probably never see Sky go independent. 

As much as I love Sky and her music, something is off here.

Other artists do someone else's job all the time and they don't complained in public. If they don't do something it takes longer for things to be released especially when it's a big label like Capitol. There's no excuse. Lana and Gaga made music videos using their phones. Sky can pick up her phone and film a few music videos by herself.

At this point Sky's music career is dead so she should get more into modeling and acting. She's not budging or even trying to work with Capitol. Just give them a few pop songs for crying out loud. Maybe someday they will pay to have Trent Reznor produce her album like they did with Halsey. 

I use to believe Capitol were the problem but when you start reading and doing the math, something isn't adding up.

I don't believe Capitol is purposely trying to sabotage Sky's career so other record companies won't sign her. She's not the second coming of Mimi. Halsey isn't all that great and I can't stand her but she cooperates with Capitol, does a few silly TikToks, makes a few pop songs and in return they invests in her music and videos and lets her do what she wants. It's how it's suppose to work when you have a label investing money into your career. I mean if you look at the rosters of artists Capitol has, they have some legendary artists in there like Paul Mccartney, Abba, Babyface, Neil Diemond etc. Then you have the other artists like Sam Smith and Troye doing well. Other artists that aren't so well know but have music that is released and videos being back up by Capitol. Queen Naija just released her new video a few days ago. 

This is their artists  in case anyone is curious  https://www.capitolrecords.com/artists/#/

The one who seems to have a big problem is Sky and she's the only one I see so far with no new album in 9 - 10 years. 

Something has to give when people who have worked with her like Charli, Primal Scream and Shirley Manson won't touch the "free sky" movement. Not even people who were in similar situations like Sky won't go near it like Jojo and Raye. No matter how many times those "free sky" people post the same things under their photos. You still don't see any of these people reposting or sharing it. 

Something is going on because things aren't adding up. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

As much as I love Sky and her music, something is off here.

Other artists do someone else's job all the time and they don't complained in public. If they don't do something it takes longer for things to be released especially when it's a big label like Capitol. There's no excuse. Lana and Gaga made music videos using their phones. Sky can pick up her phone and film a few music videos by herself.

At this point Sky's music career is dead so she should get more into modeling and acting. She's not budging or even trying to work with Capitol. Just give them a few pop songs for crying out loud. Maybe someday they will pay to have Trent Reznor produce her album like they did with Halsey. 

I use to believe Capitol were the problem but when you start reading and doing the math, something isn't adding up.

I don't believe Capitol is purposely trying to sabotage Sky's career so other record companies won't sign her. She's not the second coming of Mimi. Halsey isn't all that great and I can't stand her but she cooperates with Capitol, does a few silly TikToks, makes a few pop songs and in return they invests in her music and videos and lets her do what she wants. It's how it's suppose to work when you have a label investing money into your career. I mean if you look at the rosters of artists Capitol has, they have some legendary artists in there like Paul Mccartney, Abba, Babyface, Neil Diemond etc. Then you have the other artists like Sam Smith and Troye doing well. Other artists that aren't so well know but have music that is released and videos being back up by Capitol. Queen Naija just released her new video a few days ago. 

This is their artists  in case anyone is curious  https://www.capitolrecords.com/artists/#/

The one who seems to have a big problem is Sky and she's the only one I see so far with no new album in 9 - 10 years. 

Something has to give when people who have worked with her like Charli, Primal Scream and Shirley Manson won't touch the "free sky" movement. Not even people who were in similar situations like Sky won't go near it like Jojo and Raye. No matter how many times those "free sky" people post the same things under their photos. You still don't see any of these people reposting or sharing it. 

Something is going on because things aren't adding up. 

giphy.gif

I agree in everything good sis.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde