TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

50 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Some of your takes are very interesting lately…

Sky has you’re not the one and Night time My time-both much better melodically and produced better than any anything Halsey could accomplish. 

Halsey is a hard worker and has drive though so it’s obvious why she surpassed her in the end-then you have Soko who kinda died off which I’m sure Sky was pleased about :toofloppy:

notice how i'm not talking about the quality of the music but PERSONAL talents and skills. you're attributing the quality of those songs to sky like she produced or came up with the melody. lol. we all know sky's music being occassionally good has nothing to do with her... 

halsey is a better writer, singer, performer and overall artist and no subjective taste or who you think has the better songs will change that. 

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Some of your takes are very interesting lately…

Sky has you’re not the one and Night time My time-both much better melodically and produced better than any anything Halsey could accomplish. 

Halsey is a hard worker and has drive though so it’s obvious why she surpassed her in the end-then you have Soko who kinda died off which I’m sure Sky was pleased about :toofloppy:

are y’all really this stuck in 2013 :toofloppy: Sky’s album is a classic for sure but it’s not better than anything Halsey has done. i think they’re completely different so i’m not even sure why any of you are comparing them.

26 minutes ago, 111 said:

notice how i'm not talking about the quality of the music but PERSONAL talents and skills. you're attributing the quality of those songs to sky like she produced or came up with the melody. lol. we all know sky's music being occassionally good has nothing to do with her... 

halsey is a better writer, singer, performer and overall artist and no subjective taste or who you think has the better songs will change that. 

:nails: these children will never understand.

7 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

its been 1 year since my lanaboards was accepted i think, we should celebrate by locking sky ferreira thread

since when has lanaboards accepted accounts i’m pretty sure it’s always been open registration although they should close it

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, 111 said:

You’ve got no evidence that sky didn’t contribute to the music she made and still haven’t to date-she’s a small artist with 1 or two collaborators and only blood orange has been a petty b*tch in 2015 regarding credits-even though she even admitted her input on that song was minimal. 

If you had ever done any music work you’d know reference demos happen all the time for stylistic purposes not to dismiss a writers work.

I also wouldn’t call Halsey a better singer than sky vocally-they’re about even with bad and good performances(although admittedly Sky is worse as of late)

4 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She did an album, a music film, a live concert for the album and a makeup line - all while pregnant. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

87f4148e1bedaa3446c44f4933691f0a3603f107

Katy Perry too. She released a new album, did music videos and released a whole ass shoe line while pregnant. 

9619d749b589eb49e2c9424b4e27a39d0b67837c

5658d55c812d497415f5d61929f03d77.jpg

f422ce83346ce955194a80562d0b19fc58ab0065

Girl, Sky can't even manage to do an album, do you think she could raise a baby???

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

15 minutes ago, paradiso said:

oh my god please l word this thread already... you guys are acting like sky is most morally corrupt person to walk this earth. please fill out some job applications xoxo

what is with some of y’all saying “get a job” or something along the lines of it. you realize you are also posting on a Lana Del Rey forum right? what job would it be that you have? teach us!!!

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

since when has lanaboards accepted accounts i’m pretty sure it’s always been open registration although they should close it

There is a lot of overlap between certain forums, with users posting the exact same stuff they posted on other sites based on what they can get away with. It's kinda amusing when you catch it. 

Anyway the person probably forgot they were on lanaboards. 😹

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

3 hours ago, 111 said:

What are you talking about? She did a whole interview about how she struggled with finding a perfect person to realise her vision about Downhill Lullaby, and she talked about it in a very artistic way (the dying bird story).  She might not have many proper skills to develop a sound technically-speaking (but yet, we don't know that for sure), but what is I think very much visible, is that she knows what she wants her songs to sound like (which might also be brought down to establishing a said melody, structure etc.) She's a visionary, and I think it's nothing less of an artist's feature.

23 minutes ago, AOK said:

What are you talking about? She did a whole interview about how she struggled with finding a perfect person to realise her vision about Downhill Lullaby, and she talked about it in a very artistic way (the dying bird story).  She might not have many proper skills to develop a sound technically-speaking (but yet, we don't know that for sure), but what is I think very much visible, is that she knows what she wants her songs to sound like (which might also be brought down to establishing a said melody, structure etc.) She's a visionary, and I think it's nothing less of an artist's feature.

This.

But also, she's showing her ass with the lying (car accident, album "almost" finished, ect) so the meager output that we get does pale in comparison. 

I respect artiatic integrity but being so stubborn that it's hindering is just ...stupid. Sorry to put it that way. I agree with her on not looking for moments and building your career but if releasing an album that isn't fully true to your artistry gets the shackles off, let's you release and gives you BUDGET, then why are you digging your heels in? 

Guardian was right; she's her own worst enemy.

25 minutes ago, AOK said:

Downhill Lullaby fucking SUCKS, she definitely struggled with that one all the way.