Blue lips and roses that you left me
The gag and the bind, the perfecting of the ruse
Yeah, I walked with the fire
All the lifeblood and desire
Slowly stifled by somber fumes
I adore the bludgeoned affection
Come and teach me a lesson
All the things I offer you

I don’t see the issue with the lyrics tbh?

the lyrics aren’t the issue, for me. the issue lies with the boring ass vocals and boring ass production. 

Just now, EmptyPromises said:

Do you?

If one sounds forced, the other does too because they're employing the same shtick. Lana is a mezzo soprano, and it shows when she sings below her register.

im not talking about vocal range im talking about how sky sounds stupid

51 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

You ripped me open, then you kissed me
Blue lips and roses that you left me
The gag and the bind, the perfecting of the ruse
Yeah, I walked with the fire
All the lifeblood and desire
Slowly stifled by somber fumes
I adore the bludgeoned affection
Come and teach me a lesson
All the things I offer you

I don’t see the issue with the lyrics tbh?

the lyrics are fine too bad you can’t hear them in the song

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Downhill Lullaby is better than DF and Descending. 

(wow three songs starting with a D, she loves the D) :usrs:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Finally some sense on here :thirst:

Don’t forget is a reject 

You can easily tell that people put their hearts in creating something as haunting and intricate as DL, meanwhile DF and Descending feel lifeless, almost robotic. Uneventful. 

DL felt like a fucking great album intro for something Dark and moody. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, EXODUS said:

You can easily tell that people put their hearts in creating something as haunting and intricate as DL, meanwhile DF and Descending feel lifeless, almost robotic. Uneventful. 

DL felt like a fucking great album intro for something Dark and moody. 

Exactly-you hear how it evolved from the title track.

Dont forget just sounds like NTMT hopping on the more commercial 80s sound.

9 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She did an album, a music film, a live concert for the album and a makeup line - all while pregnant. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

87f4148e1bedaa3446c44f4933691f0a3603f107

Katy Perry too. She released a new album, did music videos and released a whole ass shoe line while pregnant. 

9619d749b589eb49e2c9424b4e27a39d0b67837c

5658d55c812d497415f5d61929f03d77.jpg

f422ce83346ce955194a80562d0b19fc58ab0065

That's right! 

Two Capitol girls with two different sounds and budgets. 

Yet Sky can even fucking finish a music video. 

There are plenty of artists who have REAL label issues and she keeps blaming her label. 

Why hasn't Charli or other artists reach Sky and try to help her? 

Answer: they all know Sky is lazy and a liar. 

That's why Charli was smart enough to just send the song to Sky and ask her to record her vocals wherever or however she was able to do it and make it a day. 

She knew Sky wouldn't be able to write shit on time or to "produce" something, that's why she just sent the song and make her record a verse and some lines. 

9 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I still don't care for Halsey and will probably never stan her but I respect her hustle. She works, even when she was about to pop the baby. The work shows. Same goes with Katy, who I actually really love. Sky has nothing to show for then a few indie films and photo shoots. 

I stan Halsey's and Katy's work ethic. 

giphy.gif

And I stan your great mind! Totally agree with you.