TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Tonia posted about the situation again last night but then swiftly deleted it…likely because people were illustrating that there was no need to bring Halsey into the equation 

I get everyone is angry and fair play to her for deleting it but capitol choosing to invest more into another artist isn’t something that anyone can choose

16 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Tonia posted about the situation again last night but then swiftly deleted it…likely because people were illustrating that there was no need to bring Halsey into the equation 

I get everyone is angry and fair play to her for deleting it but capitol choosing to invest more into another artist isn’t something that anyone can choose

right.....why wouldn't Capitol invest money in Halsey? she's massively successful a.k.a. a cash cow.

23 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

she heard caroline was trying to come for her neck 

Caroline Polachek deserves a spot next to Björk and Kate Bush ♥ 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It's just so funny, because Sky has mentioned multiple times having a vision and not wanting to compromise it. Meanwhile Halsey has been a team player for Capitol Records because she's been flexible about the vision... 

Both respectable choices.

However, it would be in Tonia & Sky's best interest to realize someone else's success is not their dream, unless Sky is suddenly willing to work with someone like The Chainsmokers and host the Budweiser bowl and sand down the edges of a bummer track so that it can be on the radio...

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

The whole Halsey thing is just tired at this point; it was a relevant discussion maybe 6 years ago but it’s not worth it anymore. Halsey was raised on Tumblr, literally, her first ever online exposure was for a Taylor Swift diss track that went viral in the 1D-tumblr-sphere. And Sky was inescapable on Tumblr at the same time, so Sky’s whole aesthetic definitely had an influence on Halsey at the time. But since then, Halsey has developed their artistry to new levels and is going to be 30 years old next year… very different than the chronically online 19 year old that made Badlands lmao. Halsey was just following trends early in her career tbh… and it did get her a lot of commercial success and creative freedom now :rip: Even with the shady messages, H likely knows so much more about the situation than we ever have anyway. I can’t believe this is still a discussion, and that Sky and people close to her are holding a grudge about it nearly a decade later. I get the frustration with how Capitol screwed Sky over and marketed Halsey how Sky was supposed to be marketed, but that’s more of an issue with Capitol than H and shouldn’t be taken out on her in 2023

Today Don't Forget accidentally played out loud in my Zoom class and my professor asked me: "isn't that the song of the century, by Sky Ferreira the queen of pop?" to which I responded: "yes, it is" and my professor said "periodt sis, stream Don't Forget", after that, the whole class applauded.  :party:🔥 💖

18816146ca556aa7b4aefa2eb3b5ca57.gif

4 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

The whole Halsey thing is just tired at this point; it was a relevant discussion maybe 6 years ago but it’s not worth it anymore. Halsey was raised on Tumblr, literally, her first ever online exposure was for a Taylor Swift diss track that went viral in the 1D-tumblr-sphere. And Sky was inescapable on Tumblr at the same time, so Sky’s whole aesthetic definitely had an influence on Halsey at the time. But since then, Halsey has developed their artistry to new levels and is going to be 30 years old next year… very different than the chronically online 19 year old that made Badlands lmao. Halsey was just following trends early in her career tbh… and it did get her a lot of commercial success and creative freedom now :rip: Even with the shady messages, H likely knows so much more about the situation than we ever have anyway. I can’t believe this is still a discussion, and that Sky and people close to her are holding a grudge about it nearly a decade later. I get the frustration with how Capitol screwed Sky over and marketed Halsey how Sky was supposed to be marketed, but that’s more of an issue with Capitol than H and shouldn’t be taken out on her in 2023

Has Sky even said anything about Halsey in recent years? I just remember some tweets but other than that?

Off topic, but I still enjoy Badlands :facepalm: It's likely nostalgia, but I feel like it was a pretty solid debut album....I haven't listened to anything after HFK though.

31 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Has Sky even said anything about Halsey in recent years? I just remember some tweets but other than that?

Off topic, but I still enjoy Badlands :facepalm: It's likely nostalgia, but I feel like it was a pretty solid debut album....I haven't listened to anything after HFK though.

She lol at Halsey and Capitol trying to go viral on Tik Tok during the "they won't let me release So Good" era. The song was was recorded and the music video released a few days later. It was a fail a publicity. The song charted poorly.  :dorothy3:

5 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

maybe if we all believe sky has label problems she'll release masochism omg

Well, Morrisey said recently that Capitol refuses to release his new album. Doesn't seem like a publicity stunt like Halsey's "situation". He is really pissed at Capitol. Maybe Sky isn't so crazy. lol 

15 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

The internet is forever though. :smile2:

This is what she posted yesturday and today. She raged at Halsey and Capitol and posted some stuff on her stories.

IMG-20230223-175141-048.jpg

Resized-Screenshot-20230223-192857-Insta

Also this posted today by the stans.

Resized-Screenshot-20230223-182718-Insta

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

It's just so funny, because Sky has mentioned multiple times having a vision and not wanting to compromise it. Meanwhile Halsey has been a team player for Capitol Records because she's been flexible about the vision... 

Both respectable choices.

However, it would be in Tonia & Sky's best interest to realize someone else's success is not their dream, unless Sky is suddenly willing to work with someone like The Chainsmokers and host the Budweiser bowl and sand down the edges of a bummer track so that it can be on the radio...

The main focal of hatred Tonia, Sky and these crazy Free Sky Stans is Halsey. The comparison's back and fourth makes no sense. Halsey's Ghost video doesn't look like Sky's Omanko video. The nipple album covers are very different in style. Sky didn't create the platinum blonde heroin chic look. Sky was supposely doing a movie for Masochism so since Halsey released her film for IICHLIWP Sky's stans are saying Halsey copied that too. 

The anger should be at Capitol and Capitol only. This blaming everything at Halsey weakens their plight to "free Sky" 

I haven't seen Morrisey blame Halsey for anything yet, Capitol shelved his album too. :um2:

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

The internet is forever though. :smile2:

This is what she posted yesturday and today. She raged at Halsey and Capitol and posted some stuff on her stories.

IMG-20230223-175141-048.jpg

Resized-Screenshot-20230223-192857-Insta

Also this posted today by the stans.

Resized-Screenshot-20230223-182718-Insta

giphy.gif

Yeah I don’t know why people bothered to screenshot it tbh-she’s just a mom to Sky so I think she over exaggerates to try and help Sky but obviously it doesn’t really work.