TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I wish Sky would do something like Anitta. 

If she doesn't stand up and start explaining her situation and showing proofs, then I won't believe her at all. 

She acts so sketchy and most people keep thinking it's her lying ass. 

SKY (if you are reading this and probably you are) RECOVER YOUR FANS AND START EXPLAINING YOURSELF. 

If Capitol is truly the problem, then expose them like Anitta did with her label, because at this point no one believes you and thinks you are the problem. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

This was brought up by the Free Sky fans. Looks like Anitta is in the same situation as Sky. 

Screenshot-20230309-172935-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230309-172931-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230309-172941-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230309-172956-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20230309-172941-Instagram-2.j

giphy.gif

Warner doing God's work we love to see:kris:

Free Sky lock this one forever

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

anitta is pissed because she doesn't get enough promotion the way that she wants to, but she still released her awful album last year, and she releases a new droplet single at least one time a month, it's a very different situation than a label not letting her go nor letting her release any music, which is allegedly what is happening with sky. but i get the point, enough with the vague stories, either explain yourself or what EXACTLY capitol is doing to keep you from releasing music

6 hours ago, champainproblms said:

anitta is pissed because she doesn't get enough promotion the way that she wants to, but she still released her awful album last year, and she releases a new droplet single at least one time a month, it's a very different situation than a label not letting her go nor letting her release any music, which is allegedly what is happening with sky. but i get the point, enough with the vague stories, either explain yourself or what EXACTLY capitol is doing to keep you from releasing music

But she's released 2 solo singles and a bunch of soundtrack songs. If Capitol was truly guarding her from releasing anything, I doubt they would approve those. Plus, she said of Descending, "I wish someone would let me properly release it", which leaves the room open for interpretation...it sounds like Capitol would let her officially release it, but perhaps the rollout and promotional efforts made or lack of wouldn't feel "proper" to her. :biblio:

If this is really all about budgets and promotions I think it's very petty. Look what Lana has done, albeit with a seemingly supportive label, but little to no real standard promotion. I could see how problems could arrive even if she went this route, maybe with vinyl pressings and sales? Still, she has a somewhat loyal 'fanbase' (using that term loosely cause lbr...) that could've kept her somewhat afloat had she kept on the beaten path.

Honestly though, I really feel like it's more than not wanting to greenlight projects/promotion/budget. There has to be another element to it that we're not knowledgeable of. Maybe them wanting to control the output. Who knows. I'm still, naively, rooting for her to make some progress in the next few years. :ohno:

Random, but her covering "Easy" felt very telling of how she feels in her current situation. In fact, a lot of the stuff she's done recently have this vibe, like Guardian, of feeling trapped, like Cross You Out. Whether that's internal or there's a lot of power and control dynamics happening BTS, I feel for her. She's clearly an artist, I mean, she's still been creative and shows some drive artistically, so I can't get behind the "lazy" narrative. Stubborn, perhaps...

4 hours ago, kuntsugi said:

trust me you do NOT want her doing what anitta is doing :eartha: it's bad for her it really is

Facts

Anitta is just an egocentric subcelebrity, she doesn't write or sing anything, literally just a millennial JLo, but she was used to be the "biggest" thing here in Brazil, when she started to get obsessed with a possible career in the US she quickly realized that her power in the local industry does 0 things for her with foreigner public, and now she's blaming on the label, even tho they got her nominations, feats, fair promo for someone who's relatively unknown in USA, and they let she release awful new singles every 2 weeks, she's just VERY entitled.

Believe me, Brazil had to handle her for +10 years zzz:eartha:

If y'all don't believe in Sky for any reason, just know Anitta is literally 1000x times worse, and she also have like 100x more money than sky

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

14 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I wish Sky would do something like Anitta. 

If she doesn't stand up and start explaining her situation and showing proofs, then I won't believe her at all. 

She acts so sketchy and most people keep thinking it's her lying ass. 

SKY (if you are reading this and probably you are) RECOVER YOUR FANS AND START EXPLAINING YOURSELF. 

If Capitol is truly the problem, then expose them like Anitta did with her label, because at this point no one believes you and thinks you are the problem. 

She has spoken out like Anitta. Many times. 

Two examples :

e46e9e0e071928bdab61651b03c7f79bcff5889a

ddd1ba2d548222d58c7be6903a600b6e41125b4f

952319928f5cabd192ddfc2f54669350d5311c0a

2 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

Facts

Anitta is just an egocentric subcelebrity, she doesn't write or sing anything, literally just a millennial JLo, but she was used to be the "biggest" thing here in Brazil, when she started to get obsessed with a possible career in the US she quickly realized that her power in the local industry does 0 things for her with foreigner public, and now she's blaming on the label, even tho they got her nominations, feats, fair promo for someone who's relatively unknown in USA, and they let she release awful new singles every 2 weeks, she's just VERY entitled.

Believe me, Brazil had to handle her for +10 years zzz:eartha:

If y'all don't believe in Sky for any reason, just know Anitta is literally 1000x times worse, and she also have like 100x more money than sky

I feel enlighten. 

I have never heard of Anitta until Free Sky posted that. 

She has 6 million followers so it seems like she's popular, that is unlesss she bought those followers. :smokes:

7 hours ago, This Feeling said:

But she's released 2 solo singles and a bunch of soundtrack songs. If Capitol was truly guarding her from releasing anything, I doubt they would approve those. Plus, she said of Descending, "I wish someone would let me properly release it", which leaves the room open for interpretation...it sounds like Capitol would let her officially release it, but perhaps the rollout and promotional efforts made or lack of wouldn't feel "proper" to her. :biblio:

If this is really all about budgets and promotions I think it's very petty. Look what Lana has done, albeit with a seemingly supportive label, but little to no real standard promotion. I could see how problems could arrive even if she went this route, maybe with vinyl pressings and sales? Still, she has a somewhat loyal 'fanbase' (using that term loosely cause lbr...) that could've kept her somewhat afloat had she kept on the beaten path.

Honestly though, I really feel like it's more than not wanting to greenlight projects/promotion/budget. There has to be another element to it that we're not knowledgeable of. Maybe them wanting to control the output. Who knows. I'm still, naively, rooting for her to make some progress in the next few years. :ohno:

Random, but her covering "Easy" felt very telling of how she feels in her current situation. In fact, a lot of the stuff she's done recently have this vibe, like Guardian, of feeling trapped, like Cross You Out. Whether that's internal or there's a lot of power and control dynamics happening BTS, I feel for her. She's clearly an artist, I mean, she's still been creative and shows some drive artistically, so I can't get behind the "lazy" narrative. Stubborn, perhaps...

I agree, I mean look at all the poor quality music videos Chuck does for Lana. Then there's barely any promo for Lana from her label and yet she streams and sells well despite that. 

I feel like Sky wants a full promo with red carpet and all and that's not gonna happen. If you read some of her Playboy interview, it's like she feels she's entitled to the red carpet roll out.  Screw the roll out. Just release the music.

s-l1600.jpg

skyferreiraaddict-1678152614116903.jpg

i don’t understand what there is left to debate at this point. capitol is a record label, labels make money by publishing music. by not publishing music they are not making money. demonstrably sky has at least a few singles (likely not a finished album) she wants to release so the issue can only be with the budget they will offer her. the longer she goes without releasing the less interest there is among potential listeners. less interest means less return on capitol’s investment if they fund a release. it is a business decision not to meet sky’s financial demands and if in a decade she hasn’t managed to come up with a workaround to this problem then she is making a decision to accept the halt in her own career. she is talented and it is an unfortunate situation but this victim mentality is clearly getting her nowhere. maybe if she would release something then she could grow her fanbase as well as build a rapport with capitol in order to receive a bigger budget or at the very least work towards finishing her contract but she won’t. so what now?

i also just really don’t get the impression that  her financial demands are reasonable. with don’t forget she got interviews, photo shoots, festival performances, what more does she want? they even paid for a music video that she herself was responsible for getting shelved. part of her charm has always been her lofi tumblrina visuals - like name one sky ferreira music video that isn’t her just seductively writhing around looking angsty, i’ll wait. now 10 years and 10 minutes of music later (i’m being generous) she suddenly wants a trillion dollar budget? for what? she funded her first album herself and it went over as well as it could have, why is she so opposed to doing it again? like obviously yes it sucks but it’s to her own detriment to continue stomping her feet about it rather than being proactive

giant wall of text so i apologize but that is literally it like there is nothing else to say and watching people continue to chase their own tails about this is so droll. anyways leak all my lovers die

22 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

i don’t understand what there is left to debate at this point. capitol is a record label, labels make money by publishing music. by not publishing music they are not making money. demonstrably sky has at least a few singles (likely not a finished album) she wants to release so the issue can only be with the budget they will offer her. the longer she goes without releasing the less interest there is among potential listeners. less interest means less return on capitol’s investment if they fund a release. it is a business decision not to meet sky’s financial demands and if in a decade she hasn’t managed to come up with a workaround to this problem then she is making a decision to accept the halt in her own career. she is talented and it is an unfortunate situation but this victim mentality is clearly getting her nowhere. maybe if she would release something then she could grow her fanbase as well as build a rapport with capitol in order to receive a bigger budget or at the very least work towards finishing her contract but she won’t. so what now?

i also just really don’t get the impression that  her financial demands are reasonable. with don’t forget she got interviews, photo shoots, festival performances, what more does she want? they even paid for a music video that she herself was responsible for getting shelved. part of her charm has always been her lofi tumblrina visuals - like name one sky ferreira music video that isn’t her just seductively writhing around looking angsty, i’ll wait. now 10 years and 10 minutes of music later (i’m being generous) she suddenly wants a trillion dollar budget? for what? she funded her first album herself and it went over as well as it could have, why is she so opposed to doing it again? like obviously yes it sucks but it’s to her own detriment to continue stomping her feet about it rather than being proactive

giant wall of text so i apologize but that is literally it like there is nothing else to say and watching people continue to chase their own tails about this is so droll. anyways leak all my lovers die

she's broke

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

33 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

Don’t think it’s circulating, only like 2 people have it and it’s vaulted

what i don't understand is why didn't capitol drop her yet? if she only complains and acts like a brat about the budget they give her while not releasing anything that gives them money, why is she still signed?

On 3/11/2023 at 2:35 AM, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I feel enlighten. 

I have never heard of Anitta until Free Sky posted that. 

She has 6 million followers so it seems like she's popular, that is unlesss she bought those followers. :smokes:

she is an a-list in brazil, most of her followers are from here, but yeah she's a flop in the us 

11 hours ago, cherryblossoms said:

Don’t think it’s circulating, only like 2 people have it and it’s vaulted

9/11 ......

11 hours ago, heavensentslut said:

she's broke

so? how many songs from masochism sessions have leaked? clearly she's making at least some music so if an album is too expensive then release a mixtape or an ep or singles on a semi regular basis. do some more soundcloud covers. she could film a 4k music video on that iphone of hers that she stays instagram posting on and it would get the job done. according to her the material is there but her reasons for being unable to put it out are completely amorphous. i understand she has an idea in her head for the ideal album rollout she wants but that ship sailed years ago, she needs to rethink her strategy. like she would really rather fade into obscurity than compromise?

12 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

what i don't understand is why didn't capitol drop her yet? if she only complains and acts like a brat about the budget they give her while not releasing anything that gives them money, why is she still signed?

i mean they either front her all the money she wants to release an album that will at this point inevitably flop or they drop her and she's free to fuck off and do god knows whatever it is she wants to do with her career, either way it's a winning scenario for her. yes she would lose her masters but as it stands they will never see the light of day anyway. she did sign a legally binding contract with them and while capitol isn't making money off of her at the moment they're presumably not losing any either. if every artist that was unhappy with their label could just throw a tantrum to get out of their contract then what good is a contract at all

I have a feeling even if she was "free" from Capitol and independent, she still would pull tricks like this. The problem is she thinks she's in the same level as Madonna. She's not. She's not even in the same level as Halsey or Katy. It's going to be 11 years soon. She's hurting herself by acting so superior. :toofloppy: