TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Wait but the tea about Love In Stereo not actually being burnt and lost in the fire? That's new for me. Always thought it was giving me "dog ate my homework".

I don't know, I do feel bad and I can see where she's coming from. Deeeeeeeeeeep doooooown she's not wrong if Capitol is just greenlit the music without giving it any support and she's the one who's paying for it. Why would she record a whole album, release it, make 50 cents profit from it and then share these 50 cents with Label who's not willing to do their job, which is promoting Music and allowing budget... It's just loss for her and, while we can all live the fantasy "music not the bling", Girl does need to be compensated if she's doing her job. 

But yeah whatever I wish she'd speak about the Don't Forget video. Or release it??? 

6 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Wait but the tea about Love In Stereo not actually being burnt and lost in the fire? That's new for me. Always thought it was giving me "dog ate my homework".

I don't know, I do feel bad and I can see where she's coming from. Deeeeeeeeeeep doooooown she's not wrong if Capitol is just greenlit the music without giving it any support and she's the one who's paying for it. Why would she record a whole album, release it, make 50 cents profit from it and then share these 50 cents with Label who's not willing to do their job, which is promoting Music and allowing budget... It's just loss for her and, while we can all live the fantasy "music not the bling", Girl does need to be compensated if she's doing her job. 

But yeah whatever I wish she'd speak about the Don't Forget video. Or release it??? 

I have a feeling Capitol was ready to drop it but after Sky blocked the release, that’s when they shelved it and gave the video idea away.

Seems like the sort of petty relationship they have with each other.

Like someone said before she just needed to play the long game for a bit but sigh :bye:

Anyways #PleaseLeakAllMyLoversDie

3 hours ago, EXODUS said:

She is dumb for thinking that after 10+ years she can depend on the label's money. 

I pity her but I pity the FreeSkyFerreira stans even more. 

If the era isn't being rolled out the way she wants it, she prefers keeping the music shelved. She confirmed that herself in that comment a few days ago. How crazy is that? I don't know how Free Sky can continue to support her when Sky is the reason why the album is shelved. There's no Sky to free up but Sky herself. :smokes:

1 hour ago, cherryblossoms said:

I have a feeling Capitol was ready to drop it but after Sky blocked the release, that’s when they shelved it and gave the video idea away.

Seems like the sort of petty relationship they have with each other.

Like someone said before she just needed to play the long game for a bit but sigh :bye:

Anyways #PleaseLeakAllMyLoversDie

Exactly. That's how Katy and Halsey has played it and look at all the music they released. Sky refused to cooperate with an entity that not only has the money but pretty much owns her music. 

Sky really believes she's Madonna Vol 2 making  demands with a "proper roll out" crap. :awk:

Wow that IG post + her reply :rip: It comes off really stubborn, but if she's paying for studio time and video shoots out of her own pocket I completely understand her hesitance.  If this is the case, I still think she should have kept releasing the best possible albums she could make under the circumstances.

If she's paying for everything herself, and the label wants to be able to mold her image and sound, that's a huge problem and I wouldn't do shit either. But if giving her the financial support she needs is contingent on her giving in to their ideas or not, that's entirely fucked. 

Capitol is clearly deadlocking her on this contract. No matter what is truly going on, after 10 years no album and a clear frustration from the artist, you'd think they'd just let her walk at some point no? 

It just feels like I'm watching a reality show unfold in real time tbh. It's so messy but I'm perched for more. If this girl doesn't start running her mouth sooner or later I'll be mad cause I want all the tea on this.

10 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Sky really believes she's Madonna Vol 2 making  demands with a "proper roll out" crap. :awk:

And the past Madonna rollouts have been messy as hell:awk:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

can someone just do a sky mass with everything we need… like ik y’all r hoarding tons of shit and ur watching us suffer likee

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

13 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

can someone just do a sky mass with everything we need… like ik y’all r hoarding tons of shit and ur watching us suffer likee

I agree. Please just leak everything at this point, like what are we waiting for...nothing's coming. Maybe we'll get one for the 20th anniversary of NT.

Just now, Americanboy said:

I agree. Please just leak everything at this point, like what are we waiting for...nothing's coming. Maybe we'll get one for the 20th anniversary of NT.

In our dreams we would get the 10th, that would be perfect.................. but in reality we ain't getting shit

55 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

If the era isn't being rolled out the way she wants it, she prefers keeping the music shelved. She confirmed that herself in that comment a few days ago. How crazy is that? I don't know how Free Sky can continue to support her when Sky is the reason why the album is shelved. There's no Sky to free up but Sky herself. :smokes:

Exactly. That's how Katy and Halsey has played it and look at all the music they released. Sky refused to cooperate with an entity that not only has the money but pretty much owns her music. 

Those kind of people never do anything in life and have a false sense of superiority. Katy and Halsey are one in a million and Sky is in the majority of struggling artists who refuse to "sell out" a.k.a. stop being stubborn for the sake of their career. I know a person who's a talented painter and musician but refuses to make a profit because it may affect they way they create art. Same energy. Guess what, they're jobless, so is Sky in a way. 

Also, Sky reminds me a little of Madison Beer. Everyone she's associated with went on to become an A/B lister and she's stuck in the upcoming artist/well known influencer stage. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Something Sky loves to omit (and that she's been doing for awhile) is that her label has given her the green light numerous times to the point where she's in the mixing/mastering phase of her project her deadline to turn it in comes up and then she says she's being rushed and the project falls apart because the label refuses to give something they don't think will ever be turned in a release date and Sky doesn't want to give them any music because she thinks they'll just sit on it and never let her release it. 

just came here to say that after coachella i realized frank ocean is kinda the male version of sky. keeps teasing an album that will probably never come, shows up late for concerts and gives a mediocre/bad performance

but at least he released a second album :toofloppy:

16 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

just came here to say that after coachella i realized frank ocean is kinda the male version of sky. keeps teasing an album that will probably never come, shows up late for concerts and gives a mediocre/bad performance

but at least he released a second album :toofloppy:

ummmm i really don’t think that’s a good comparison. frank has delivered multiple full length projects😭 he may have a bad reputation when it’s comes to live shows but he also is suffering from the loss of a little brother so..

5 hours ago, DinahLee said:

it's still giving dog ate my homework. like petra collins who allegedly worked on the video just decided to hoard it and prevent its release for what reason? and then to post clips of it or whatever (where? i would like to see it) and poke holes in her own story? okay. there's no receipts for this anywhere as far as i'm aware

i've said this before but capitol not funding masochism production is something i could believe because they didn't for ntmt either but sky herself has provided a lot of mixed messages with regard to this. she's repeatedly posted clips of songs that she has implied are ready for release and said she wants to put them out. she's also said she's still writing which is obviously not indicative of a finished product. neither of these explanations suggest that the reason for the holdup is because capitol won't support her financially. consider that in a decade pretty much the entirety of the album has leaked and the majority of the songs are not even close to being finished. the songs that are finished have been released. if she hasn't turned the material in then that's out of the label's control. like is she really doing her job? we only have her word to go on and she's consistently contradicting herself. i don't doubt for a second that capitol sucks and has made things extremely difficult for her but there's so much reason to believe she's just making excuses

Please Sky Ferreira, stop holding hostage your own music. 

We are hungry, it's been 10 years. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde