TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

She's in a very specific lane that whatever comes out will be enough to buzz her name around. Even when Pitchfork tried to shade Don't Forget and it didn't make a dent on the song perception with every other outlet praising it.

I don't know, there will always be more "what if's" (tehee) than conclusions, but there were many paths that could have propelled her career.

19 hours ago, KillForLove said:

Something Sky loves to omit (and that she's been doing for awhile) is that her label has given her the green light numerous times to the point where she's in the mixing/mastering phase of her project her deadline to turn it in comes up and then she says she's being rushed and the project falls apart because the label refuses to give something they don't think will ever be turned in a release date and Sky doesn't want to give them any music because she thinks they'll just sit on it and never let her release it. 

and she was dumb enough to tease something every single time the label gave her the green light

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

21 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Maybe she can pull a Katharine Hepburn and revive her career via stage acting :toofunny:.....don't think she really has a backup talent in acting though....so...

Anybody can make a comeback :uncomfortable:

She has more film gigs(even as a semi main character) than albums so… :lmao:

I'm here for all the Capitol records drama even from Halsey fans. :smokes:

This article was what brought this reaction from this H fan:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=335618&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-COMING-TO-TERMS

Much buzz surrounds Capitol’s tough decision not to renew the label’s deal for Halsey, with whom it had significant success in pre-COVID times. Her deal was renegotiated by the short-lived prior Capitol administration when the artist was still hot. Halsey’s 2020 album, Manic, did almost 3m in activity and was the justification for an expensive re-up; 2021 follow-up If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power, by contrast, has done just under 600k. Many gatekeepers considered that album, helmed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, a major misstep, an ill-fated attempt to be cool that alienated fans. A $25m+ unrecouped position, according to the scuttlebutt, was the straw that broke the camel’s back with respect to an artist who hasn’t streamed strongly for the past few years. Halsey’s UMPG deal was also discontinued. When the artist and label are no longer on the same page and collaboration is at a dead end, those unrecouped monies leave a decidedly bitter taste—and render labels inclined to write the whole thing off and move on rather than throw more money at the problem. These are simply more unintended consequences of the new ecosystem, combined with the rise of social media as a means to publicly air one’s dirty laundry. “It’s been an incredible eight years,” read a statement from Halsey issued when the news of her exit broke. “We wish everyone the best.”

It seems that it was Capitol records who decided to not renew Halsey's contract. They lost 25 millions dollars on If I Can't Have Love I Want Power album.  :hawt:

Screenshot-20230420-143657-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143702-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143707-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143714-Instagram-2.j

No wonder Sky is pissed and doesn't want to release her album. She wants a 25 million dollar budget too. :eartha:

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

It seems that it was Capitol records who decided to not renew Halsey's contract. They lost 25 millions dollars on If I Can't Have Love I Want Power album.  :hawt:

God is allowing Sky to giggle a little bit for once:xgiggle:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I'm here for all the Capitol records drama even from Halsey fans. :smokes:

This article was what brought this reaction from this H fan:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=335618&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-COMING-TO-TERMS

Much buzz surrounds Capitol’s tough decision not to renew the label’s deal for Halsey, with whom it had significant success in pre-COVID times. Her deal was renegotiated by the short-lived prior Capitol administration when the artist was still hot. Halsey’s 2020 album, Manic, did almost 3m in activity and was the justification for an expensive re-up; 2021 follow-up If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power, by contrast, has done just under 600k. Many gatekeepers considered that album, helmed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, a major misstep, an ill-fated attempt to be cool that alienated fans. A $25m+ unrecouped position, according to the scuttlebutt, was the straw that broke the camel’s back with respect to an artist who hasn’t streamed strongly for the past few years. Halsey’s UMPG deal was also discontinued. When the artist and label are no longer on the same page and collaboration is at a dead end, those unrecouped monies leave a decidedly bitter taste—and render labels inclined to write the whole thing off and move on rather than throw more money at the problem. These are simply more unintended consequences of the new ecosystem, combined with the rise of social media as a means to publicly air one’s dirty laundry. “It’s been an incredible eight years,” read a statement from Halsey issued when the news of her exit broke. “We wish everyone the best.”

Screenshot-20230420-143657-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143702-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143707-Instagram-2.j

Screenshot-20230420-143714-Instagram-2.j

No wonder Sky is pissed and doesn't want to release her album. She wants a 25 million dollar budget too. :eartha:

not capitol trying to sabotage halsey as well and saying that no one will sign her... like at least we have confirmation that they are petty enough to never release sky. she will probably be signed to capitol until she dies 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

Halsey's response to being dropped and not renewed by Capitol:

Screenshot-20230420-203048-Instagram-2.j

I have to say, Capitol is crazy. I'm wondering if Halsey completed her obligations to her contract. The fact that they didn't renew a hard working artist like Halsey, but refused to drop Sky. It's just crazy. Make it make sense. :brandy:

46 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

not capitol trying to sabotage halsey as well and saying that no one will sign her... like at least we have confirmation that they are petty enough to never release sky. she will probably be signed to capitol until she dies 

Sky needs to rebrand herself and do something else career-wise. I guess it's acting and modeling at this point. I don't know why she hasn't formed a band or use a stage name. 

Capitol are out of their minds. They aren't going to let her go and Sky wants a fancy roll out for her album releases. A mess. :sideeye:

8 hours ago, kuntsugi said:

i knew about love in stereo but not the others, do we have any backstage pics/proof of their existence or is it purely speculation?

im pretty sure HMH music video was talked about in some interview and u can probably scroll through the last couple pages to find proof of LIS (i think i will music video was just in my head)

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

17 hours ago, shady said:

There are countless of artists with a debut album only in 10+ years. Why are we so invested in this girl is something I will never understand. How she wasn't forgotten like 99% debut only artists is also what I'll never understand. 

Well, she does have 2 EPs, a debut album and its B-Sides (yes we're counting that) but outside of her music well connected in the industry, she has a mystique about her which is great for a popstar. The actual output was good with Ghost and NTMT, with the latter being a cult classic. I am not surprised at all that people are still at least checking for her to see if new music will come. It wasn't like she was a one and done situation, the label tried to market her, she did her own thing and went indie, was able to attract fans through Tumblr at that time because of her aesthetic, and most of her fans are gays who can be very loyal to their faves.

GUYS I THIN K THERES A FIRE OUTSIDE RFIGHT NOW LIKE A WHOLE THING IS BURNING ITS SKY PROMOTING DONT FORGET MUSIC VIDEO MASOCHISM 2023 OMGGMGMMGMKSGDKLSMGKLDGMKLSD

and i don't seem to mind

Halsey doesn’t deserve a label anyway her music has become pretentious garbage and her vocals not great. She’s not putting out the chart friendly songs anymore.  Sky probably could make better use of 25 million if she doesn’t blow it all on crack. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Plot twist:

Capitol didn't renew Halsey contract because they want to focus on Sky Ferreira and do her right. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

@1000Times please come to this thread and do your magic.

Us Little Ferraris are starving and she has plenty of unreleased stuff. We deserve some happiness after knowing how bad she has treat us for 10 years. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

@1000Times please come to this thread and do your magic.

Us Little Ferraris are starving and she has plenty of unreleased stuff. We deserve some happiness after knowing how bad she has treat us for 10 years. 

right we will REDACTED ur REDACTED for a 1 minute demo

and i don't seem to mind

14 hours ago, gogo yubari said:

iichliwp was aoty 2021, genuinely halsey's magnum opus. nin production for sky would literally tear me in two.

i agree!! iichliwp is halsey's best work, it's a shame that judging from her latest single she's going pop again for her new album

45 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

i agree!! iichliwp is halsey's best work, it's a shame that judging from her latest single she's going pop again for her new album

Agree too. 

IICHLIWP is her best work and her most alternative. This is the sound I always thought Sky would do after NTMT.