TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

i love how this is becoming a halsey thread now :trisha: anyways someone make a sky ferreira ai and make her sing people disappear here by halsey its so sky ferreira coded 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

I don't care for Halsey at all but she's obviously in a way better spot than Sky and has actually been consistent and built a fanbase plus her last album was well received by the critics so she definitely has options I'm sure.

And coming for her for using songwriters material is a bit eeeek when outside of Manic their credits are largely the same...and hasn't Sky been called out for her involvement in her own music before...

8 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

I don't care for Halsey at all but she's obviously in a way better spot than Sky and has actually been consistent and built a fanbase plus her last album was well received by the critics so she definitely has options I'm sure.

And coming for her for using songwriters material is a bit eeeek when outside of Manic their credits are largely the same...and hasn't Sky been called out for her involvement in her own music before...

iirc and i might be wrong but i oddly remember somebody saying she did very little writing for NTMT but i could be wrong

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, 111 said:

don't get me started on the writing... 

Come on do it. 

You know it's the perfect time to raise hell here. 

No one will attack you and defend Sky anymore. All her stans are somewhere hiding trying to convence the general public that Capitol is having her hostage. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Sorry but I just got a flashback to your Demi posts on the Charli thread last year :toofloppy:
[from when she was using they/them pronouns]

19272978-676D-4662-A753-8D9FF43A288E.jpg

I was typing in a rush but thank you for bringing this up for virtually no reason 

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

I was typing in a rush but thank you for bringing this up for virtually no reason 

oh u got read

and i don't seem to mind

12 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Halsey doesn’t deserve a label anyway her music has become pretentious garbage and her vocals not great. She’s not putting out the chart friendly songs anymore.  Sky probably could make better use of 25 million if she doesn’t blow it all on crack. 

you know who else's music has become pretentious garbage... 

when was the last time someone streamed downhill lullaby ?? 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Come on do it. 

You know it's the perfect time to raise hell here. 

No one will attack you and defend Sky anymore. All her stans are somewhere hiding trying to convence the general public that Capitol is having her hostage. 

Well, someone has to SO

But Sky basically pretended to have written Everything is Embarrasing. Dev Hynes (who really wrote it) shaded her by playing the demo at a show, basically exposing her lie.

In her old videos she definitely played up her song writing until that happened. I guess she learned to not say too much.

I only kind of forgive her because she was super young and naive, and it seems she and Dev made up anyway. I dont doubt that songwriters and producers do most of the work for like 90% of our popstars, either.

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

All her stans are somewhere hiding trying to convence the general public that Capitol is having her hostage. 

I'm waiting for the late night TV ad where they've pooled their weekly allowances and hired Sally Struthers to come out and hit us with a "For just 2$ a week, you can help feed this elusive underfunded artist, who is being held captive by an awfully oppressive record label. Every night, they bring her to an underground room, where she's forced to witness the masters she recorded that day thrown into a wrestling cage with 18 screaming macaques. When they're done ripping the tapes and shattering the hard drives, she's made to sweep up the pieces. If she does it quickly, her manager lets her have 18 minutes of screen time on her phone. She uses it to cryptically tweet old photos, hoping it will drum up enough noise to appease label execs. When she's done, she sleeps on a concrete slab. A small bottle of Jimmy Choo "Illicit" sits next to the air vent, reminding her of a branding partnership from a different time. While she sleeps, a goblin bleaches her roots."

....I don't know where this creative writing exercise came from but I hope I took you all to a place.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

There’s no tea on the writing end- no co-writers have stated she’s ever taken credit without due process except Blood orange stating it was annoying for her to act like she wrote the entire song when if you listen to the demo I think there’s one or two slight line rewrites by her. 

Eclipse found writers melody demos which is a typical thing for people who may consider themselves lyricists or have a half completed melody like sky and need it fine tuning by a professional for release.

In other cases these are made for people who demo their songs but can’t give a good stylistic vocal take and so someone will reference it for them so they can copy the singing style which works.

Even writing professionals like Mariah Carey have done this 

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

There’s no tea on the writing end- no co-writers have stated she’s ever taken credit without due process except Blood orange stating it was annoying for her to act like she wrote the entire song when if you listen to the demo I think there’s one or two slight line rewrites by her. 

Eclipse found writers melody demos which is a typical thing for people who may consider themselves lyricists or have a half completed melody like sky and need it fine tuning by a professional for release.

In other cases these are made for people who demo their songs but can’t give a good stylistic vocal take and so someone will reference it for them so they can copy the singing style which works.

Even writing professionals like Mariah Carey have done this 

y'all really want me to start again huh :awk:

9 minutes ago, 111 said:

y'all really want me to start again huh :awk:

You don’t and still have no evidence on this to date- would these writers like to go on record :awkney:

for reference-Sky:

Everything Is Embarrassing Lyrics

[Intro]
I know you're trying

[Verse 1]
Everything and nothing always haunts me
I know you're trying, I know you're trying
Waiting for your moment to fall on me
I saw you trying, I saw you trying

[Chorus 1]
Maybe if you let me be your lover
Maybe if you tried, then I would not bother
Telling me that basically you're not looking out for me
Everything is true to me, never words where you would see
Maybe if you let me be your lover
Maybe if you tried, then I would not bother

Blood orange:
Verse 1]
Everything and nothing always haunts me
I know you're lying, I know you're trying
Waiting for your moment to fall on me
I saw you trying, I saw you trying

[Chorus]
Everything you say to me, never words where you would see
I've been hating everything, everything that could have been
Could have been my anything, now everything's embarrassing
Everything you say to me, never words where you would see
I've been hating everything, everything that you could be
Could have been my anything, now everything's embarrassing

im not going to post the rest but this is just the beginning where Sky made big structural changes which ensured the songs success.

24 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

hey guys i like Pray For Rain

its her best kind of

and i don't seem to mind

10 hours ago, EmptyPromises said:

Well, someone has to SO

But Sky basically pretended to have written Everything is Embarrasing. Dev Hynes (who really wrote it) shaded her by playing the demo at a show, basically exposing her lie.

In her old videos she definitely played up her song writing until that happened. I guess she learned to not say too much.

I only kind of forgive her because she was super young and naive, and it seems she and Dev made up anyway. I dont doubt that songwriters and producers do most of the work for like 90% of our popstars, either.

She co-wrote Everything is Embarrassing and gave Dev half credit too. Was she pulling a Halsey ~I wrote this song by myself~ ? Sure. But it doesn't matter. Dev got his credit and he gets royalties from the song at the end of the day. :smokes: