TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Sky, don't fuck this up. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I’m hoping that since these are Sky headlining shows she will have her shit together more

I remember when she did the LA concert for the NTMT it was still a mess considering she didn’t even have some of the lyrics memorized yet but it was still a vibe and she powered through to put on a full show

I think it's already past time for her to do full Masochism concerts, even if she won't be releasing anything rn it's time girl let ntmt go

Actually, keep EIE, 24 hours, I Will and I Blame Myself or YNTO, the others are free to go

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

16 hours ago, kuntsugi said:

didn't she scrap a grant singer directed visual for guardian too?

They never filmed it. She got sick in the meantime and then they couln't work scheduling it again.

-

About the concerts, there's literally 2 options

She'll either premiere new music and focus on that, or make it a "10th anniversary" thing for NTMT (which would make sense since the promoters or whatever is sponsoring these shows is also making it as a "anniversary" thing). However, it's not like she has a very HUGE DISCOGRAPHY to pick from. She could easily do all 12 NTMT songs (she won't) and sing extra 4 new songs (she might) and that would be reasonable 16 songs setlist. For some reason she seems to ignore Ghost as As If so... I don't really suffer from it.

tbh not even sure if I'd enjoy live performances of songs we won't hear for the next millenium or, worst, she ends up releasing an album and said songs are nowhere to be seen. Stick to Descending, Innocent Kind and All My Lovers Die. And If I had the opportunity, I'd go for it. Even with all the mess around, at least it's a bucket list thing. 

Can someone tell me what she did last summer? Because I kept seeing posts here that there was some disaster with her shows, but I literally don't know and I'm curious :flutter:

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

The way I pray for rain is kinda song of the ages... A JEWEL in her discography 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

9 hours ago, racecar said:

Can someone tell me what she did last summer? Because I kept seeing posts here that there was some disaster with her shows, but I literally don't know and I'm curious :flutter:

I saw her last summer in London and other than the fact that she was like 3 hours late the show was pretty flawless, from what I recall at other shows she was similarly late but also had a lot of technical issues and would have to cut the sets short

Debating getting tickets to see her in SF with my sister but I’m in Fresno and the stress of traveling and saving money for the trip is kinda making me think I should just stay home. Idk. If it were Lana I’d find a way to make it work like I did for Berkeley in 2019, but Sky and her reputation? Idk.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I’d have to drive five hours for her San Diego show. I’m still not sure about all that lol. At least I can make a beautiful trip out of it and visit La Jolla regardless if the show is a mess I guess…

18 minutes ago, melodrama said:

Can someone share the whole bio she's talking about? I can't open the site right now :lmao:

Bio: Sky Ferreira

Sky Ferreira. Act like you don’t already follow her on Twitter – as if you haven’t

Googled her, or checked her out on Wikipedia. Now check again. Before you can

hit refresh, there might be another paragraph. She's co-written and recorded

with half the Billboard chart, survived in Hollywood and on the Lower East Side,

seen the world from thirty-five thousand feet, been shot by every photographer

you can name off the top of your head.

Now get one thing straight: Sky was singing first. Just click on her piano-andvocal

only cover of Miike Snow’s 'Animal' on YouTube for your evidence that her

other skills might pay the bills, but music is her life and her voice is bona fide. Her

2011 debut EP As If! hinted at her soulful range and stylistic versatility. But if you

think it prepared you for the step Sky’s about to take on her first long-player, think

again. She’s hard at work with a hand-picked team of collaborators. And this time

she’s in charge, making the record she wanted to make all along.

8 minutes ago, jinsouldilf said:

Bio: Sky Ferreira

Sky Ferreira. Act like you don’t already follow her on Twitter – as if you haven’t Googled her, or checked her out on Wikipedia. Now check again. Before you can hit refresh, there might be another paragraph. She's co-written and recorded with half the Billboard chart, survived in Hollywood and on the Lower East Side, seen the world from thirty-five thousand feet, been shot by every photographer you can name off the top of your head.

Now get one thing straight: Sky was singing first. Just click on her piano-andvocal only cover of Miike Snow’s 'Animal' on YouTube for your evidence that her other skills might pay the bills, but music is her life and her voice is bona fide. Her 2011 debut EP As If! hinted at her soulful range and stylistic versatility. But if you think it prepared you for the step Sky’s about to take on her first long-player, think again. She’s hard at work with a hand-picked team of collaborators. And this time she’s in charge, making the record she wanted to make all along.

I don't understand… "Bury me alive. I don't care anymore" is she offended/upset at this bio? What's wrong with it? 💀⚰️

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥