TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

tumblr_lzgf93hMPi1qzq4elo1_500.jpg

Let's talk about the

underground pop princess,

:legend: Sky Tonia Ferreira :legend:

You may know the 20 year old for her pop song "Obsession", which garnered her a small amount of success when it appeared on the soundtrack to the CW show "The Vampire Diaries" back in 2010. However, I think most Sky fans would agree that her music has only gotten better since then. Her sound is similar to that of a young Debby Harry/Shirley Manson/Courtney Love. She even covered Lana Del Rey's "Blue Jeans." Her genre is listed as electropop/dance pop/ indie pop.

This is the music video to one of her ballads entitled "Sad Dream"

On the other end of the spectrum, here is another video for her electronica pop song "Everything is Embarrassing"

tumblr_maw1wu3kfR1rbtsvm_1348547575_cover.jpg

You can buy her EP, Ghost, on Amazon now and her highly anticipated

(by loyal fans, anyways) album, I'm Not Alright, is expected to be due out sometime 2013!

What are your favorite/ least favorite Sky songs? Discuss anything and everything Sky related here!

(If anyone would like, I will make you a mix tape featuring some of Sky's 'best' songs.)

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

1. "American Dream" is a fabulous Pop song, and makes me like Frankmusic.

2. I actually want to see IRL, even though a big part of me thinks it will be retarded.

3. "Everything Is Embarrassing" is one of her best songs ever....but it pales in comparison to "Sad Dream."

4. "Ghost" is my least favourite song on the EP by far. I just don't like it.

5. I think her use of SoundCloud is abusive + mean. She can't even do it right...she uploaded the entire EP days before its release date, and then pretended it didn't leak. :facepalm:

6. If SkyLeaks came back, I could probably stop listening to Lana forever. Okay maybe not.
  7. Sky, who has made more mistakes in her career than I would think possible for one so young, decided to give some of her best songs to a friend named CoCo Morier, who helped cowrite these + '99 Tears.' Here are links to some of the ones she has recorded which were originally meant for Sky:

I hate her attachment to Terry.. it's like she thinks that's her ticket into mainstream success. I'm also not one of those fans that think it's entirely her label's fault that she hasn't had any big success since Obsession.. and that is her worst song imo, I cannot bear to listen to it

tbh I don't listen to her right now but I like her and I think I'm gonna like her music if I listen to it ~it's strange I know lol~

So.... I think I need her music. Someone can help me? :flutter:

She reminds me a lot of Cherie Currie from The Runaways in some songs.

My favorites at the moment, and bless Madrigal's soul for sending me Sky's music, are:

- Great Mistake

- Femme Fatale

- Red Lips (the music video... well that was very interesting. TBH, when I saw Terry directed it I was cautious about watching it).

- C'est La Mort

- Lolita

- American Dream

- Everything is Embarrassing

- Sad Dream

I can't really get into the song "Ghost" though. Not sure why. I remember the first time I actually heard Sky was on Last.fm, and the song was "Obsession" - I liked the first verse a bit, but not the chorus. It sounds like some other song I've heard. I personally don't like it much.

The pictures of her I've looked at seem like they were designed for Tumblr. They seem to always play up on the grunge, coke-party girl theme and it creeps me out slightly.

^ That's beautiful, regardless of tits and drugged-out skinniness (maybe spoiler that?). I really confuse myself over her appearance. Sometimes she's so pretty and sometimes her face bothers me, at least in stills. The As If cover has been rubbing me wrong since I downloaded it.

My favorites at the moment, and bless Madrigal's soul for sending me Sky's music, are:

- Great Mistake

- Femme Fatale

- Red Lips (the music video... well that was very interesting. TBH, when I saw Terry directed it I was cautious about watching it).

- C'est La Mort

- Lolita

- American Dream

- Everything is Embarrassing

- Sad Dream

Aw, bless yours for asking! :3 So happy I could oblige.

• I also love her feature on The Virgins' "Teen Lovers...." something about it just really 'gets' me.
  • The demo version of "Whatcha Gonna Do" is another of my favorites, simply because it's just so airy + free.
  • "One" always makes me happy now, even though I honestly used to hate it. >_<

I can't really get into the song "Ghost" though. Not sure why. I remember the first time I actually heard Sky was on Last.fm, and the song was "Obsession" - I liked the first verse a bit, but not the chorus. It sounds like some other song I've heard. I personally don't like it much.

I do not like "Ghost." Only song on the entire EP I don't love. "Obsession" is a great song, but Ryan Tedder + his writing can only get an artist so far. Oh wait, look at Adele. :teehee:

Can't believe the Ghost hate!! I bow 2 the songwriting on that.. actually, I bow to Sky's writing in general.. It's not like out of this world or anything, but it is really good for what she's doing

and Sitar, sky has vehemently denied doing drugs .. do i believe her?

based on this video- no lol it makes me choke everytime @ 1:19