TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I mean, it's hilarious how she can go to the press and release these statements with a straight face. I thought we were moving closer to a release finally with Don't Forget and we're just back to: oh it's out of my control.:lmao:

I'm so speechless. This is just... No. :toofloppy:

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She mentioned before ‘they want me to spend my own money and time doing this’ for stuff like single covers and video editing/promo. ‘Why should I work for free’.

Damn ma, do we need to GoFundMe/Kickstarter a Bandcamp release?

Other artists had this struggle too and outgrew it, we've seen indie artist ionnalee ask fans to pay for a tour and album recording sessions, Charli changed her management and moved on from a failed album project, Tinashe dealt with her 'label struggles' within a decade, those artists all went on and released music. Yet with Sky, 10 years later, we're still waiting for something to happen every time and it's a pathetic drip feed.

At some point, the music is not relevant anymore and the buzz Don't Forget created is dying fast. It's time to move missy.

In 2012 I was a teen going into my twenties, I was on the internet all day googling Sky Ferreira for info on the next album while crying to NTMT songs as if they were relatable to me, since  back then I was still trying to find a man who would want to break my bussy.

Back then I had time on my side and I was told it was coming 'soon'.

This year I'm turning into a 30 year old f-word, and my bussy is all used up and loose (things happened ya know), and soon enough I will not be able to sit on the internet all day waiting for something to finally get released. This is a sad story.

:bye:

I hope you read this miss Sky, because it's time to send in the masters.

3 minutes ago, Sis said:

In 2012 I was a teen going into my twenties, I was on the internet all day googling Sky Ferreira for info on the next album while crying to NTMT songs as if they were relatable to me, since  back then I was still trying to find a man who would want to break my bussy.

Back then I had time on my side and I was told it was coming 'soon'.

This year I'm turning into a 30 year old f-word, and my bussy is all used up and loose (things happened ya know), and soon enough I will not be able to sit on the internet all day waiting for something to finally get released. This is a sad story.

:bye:

I hope you read this miss Sky, because it's time to send in the masters.

I remember doing the same thing, when guardian leaked I was thinking the album can’t be far…:lmaoney:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

the way guardian leaked on vimeo and the description was "SKY YOU BETTER START RELEASING NOW OR WE'LL LEAK MORE" or something adjacent to that and then no leaks happened until 2021......

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

the way guardian leaked on vimeo and the description was "SKY YOU BETTER START RELEASING NOW OR WE'LL LEAK MORE" or something adjacent to that and then no leaks happened until 2021......

After Guardian we got One Way To Heaven a couple of months after, and in 2020 we got I Pray For Rain and Legends 

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

I honestly think it's just mismanagement on her record label's end since Masochism isn't out yet. Like if a record label was able to pry two albums from SZA, who I would say is equally a perfectionist and vocal about it as much as Sky, then her record label should be able to steal the flash drive. So I can't blame her entirely.

Though one thing I wish for her is that she was more confident. I feel like she isn't parting ways with Masochism because she has this vision that exists for it that is honestly probably beyond what even a blank cheque from her label could make executable. But at this point she could release a sub-ideal Masochism and then put her creative mind to work on a third record that actually scratches those creative itches she has. She's too afraid to fail, too afraid to fly. I think she would learn something from that if she would just put out an album imperfect to her standards!

At the end of the day I am still going to enjoy whatever she does. I don't think her music would have this much of an appeal if she were any other way. It almost feels like the most perfect performance art. Everything about Masochism is masochistic. There's a beautiful sort of realness to it. I almost even prefer it this way than if Sky were consistently releasing music every two years. Rather than ending up like a moderately washed up Tumblr girl (:illumarina:) whose releases seem to live in the shadow of their golden era peak, Sky creates this never ending mystery that keeps giving with a decent single release promoting this elusive album every few years. She'll always have that cool unavailability of a truly troubled artist!

Honestly, overall, I just wish that this lady would be happy in this life.

26 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

After Guardian we got One Way To Heaven a couple of months after, and in 2020 we got I Pray For Rain and Legends 

ah. sorry i have deleted 2020 from my reality :) 

8 minutes ago, PolaroidWhore said:

theres a pretty dull and a snippet of another song on db*ee :toofloppy:

The Pretty Dull one is obviously fake, the vocals sound like an earrape straight out of any live recording there is of that song

18816146ca556aa7b4aefa2eb3b5ca57.gif

8 minutes ago, PolaroidWhore said:

theres a pretty dull and a snippet of another song on db*ee :toofloppy:

fake

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind