TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

7 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

something that bears no semblance to the topic of the thread it is in.

i.e. comparing marina and lana in a thread about sky ferreira. 

this thread has had issues :bebe: in the past so not looking to repeat them 

it's giving ur dictator era

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

This is better than anything Lanas done since LFL 

mod note: user was warned for this post

warned twins

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

9 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

finders keepers is her magnum opus

THANK YEWWW! 

hair-flip.gif

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

Finders keepers is not that great to me- I don’t think it was mastered? 

The woods screamed commercial single whilst still being Sky- whoever decided not to pursue this as a 2nd single with label push was crazed, it could have been a cute tik tok hit.

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Finders keepers is not that great to me- I don’t think it was mastered? 

The woods screamed commercial single whilst still being Sky- whoever decided not to pursue this as a 2nd single with label push was crazed, it could have been a cute tik tok hit.

I think it was scrapped even before TikTok or downhill lullaby even existed

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

This thread always wraps back around to the same 3 users mocking Sky and fans whilst they hold the keys to tons of unreleased songs (clearly they aren't all coming out, if anything)... who then act like they have moral high ground because they couldn't care less about a release as they listen to this music whenever they can. Just leak them or shut up

4 hours ago, AOK said:

wasn't it graphically designed?

i remember someone putting a parody of the artwork reading 'She Forgot' (lol) and it looked identical to the 'Don't Forget' teaser pic. so I'm guessing it's an actual font? 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 2/8/2023 at 7:53 AM, feelingxcx said:

That would be either Lana or Grimes actually. (honorary mention: Marina)

Lana has released at least 2 fantastic records and many more albums that are either fine or good. 

Grimes sure is releasing bad music compared to the ones from her latest two albums, but we got alt pop bibles like her past three albums (even though many fans prefer her first albums sound that is more experimental and alternative than alt pop). 

Marina has 3 fantastic albums under her belt and 2 other albums that are either OK or good. 

Sky only has NTMT which is good but overrated af and it was rushed done because her label put pressure on her to finish it quick so they can release whatever she wants under her own terms. That's why she pay that album recording and decided which songs to release. But it is rushed af and lacked polishing. But it's far from the best that either Lana, Marina and Grimes have done. 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:42 AM, KimKaDAB said:

I rather be not releasing anything than releasing a player of games or shinigami eyes

Well, Grimes released 2 great albums after NTMT was released. 

Sky can't even release any album lol

On 2/8/2023 at 8:01 AM, evalionisameme said:

But all are still putting up music? 

what does this mean 

Correct.

The three of them are relevant, successful and hard workers.

Sure they have great, good and okish albums under their belt but at least they have released more than good album after Sky released her only album 10 years ago. 

Marina: 3

Grimes: 2

Lana: 6 (now 7 in some days). 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

14 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Lana has released at least 2 fantastic records and many more albums that are either fine or good. 

Grimes sure is releasing bad music compared to the ones from her latest two albums, but we got alt pop bibles like her past three albums (even though many fans prefer her first albums sound that is more experimental and alternative than alt pop). 

Marina has 3 fantastic albums under her belt and 2 other albums that are either OK or good. 

Sky only has NTMT which is good but overrated af and it was rushed done because her label put pressure on her to finish it quick so they can release whatever she wants under her own terms. That's why she pay that album recording and decided which songs to release. But it is rushed af and lacked polishing. But it's far from the best that either Lana, Marina and Grimes have done. 

Well, Grimes released 2 great albums after NTMT was released. 

Sky can't even release any album lol

Correct.

The three of them are relevant, successful and hard workers.

Sure they have great, good and okish albums under their belt but at least they have released more than good album after Sky released her only album 10 years ago. 

Marina: 3

Grimes: 2

Lana: 6 (now 7 in some days). 

Exactly and I wouldn’t say shinigami eyes was a big deviation from grimes prior work tbh- we need a little bit of deviation in the same form and the woods would have been perfect for this- I wouldn’t even say the production needs much updating- tweak the backbeat a bit to seek futuristic and we’ve got a smash(fan smash).

literally just secured a ntmt picture disc near mint for $150 after shipping off discogs :crai:

money is tight rn but i saw the chance and i haaaad to take it like literally my biggest iso since i've started my record collecting<333

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴