TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Jordan, what you just said makes so much sense! :worship:

The one song I'm most curious about (not that I want to hear most, simply that is the most intriguing) is "One Way to Heaven". We don't have many, if any, Sky ballads (besides the couple on 'Ghost'), and every Chris Braide song I've heard lately, excusing "Queen of Disaster", is a slow, melodically strong ballad, e.g. Sia's "Kill and Run", "Blank Page", "Million Dollar Man", etc.

What does it sound like??? Pop-py like "Hollywood's Dead"? :ohno:

I feel that assuming if it's changing or not is difficult at this point because we don't have the EP yet. On the Cambio interview, what she said was that the album was finished, that she was mixing it and that "she has some songs she would like to put out too."

If I had to guess, I would probably say that one of the reasons why the EP is coming out is because she would like to release some I Will outtakes because they're still important to her but there was no space left. I see Sky doing something like Ghost, which is basically include two songs from the album on the EP and three of them being outtakes or songs from the sessions.

Oh, and by the way, I've been away for sometime but you're still doing the fan book, aren't you? I will see if I can start drafting my letter soon!

Curious :assad: So we likely won't be seeing any new titles pop up, it'll just be the same tracklist marinating until next year (pray for January).

I do intend to do the fanbook still! I guess now more than ever we all need to write some encouragement and support :rip:

Jordan, what you just said makes so much sense! :worship:

The one song I'm most curious about (not that I want to hear most, simply that is the most intriguing) is "One Way to Heaven". We don't have many, if any, Sky ballads (besides the couple on 'Ghost'), and every Chris Braide song I've heard lately, excusing "Queen of Disaster", is a slow, melodically strong ballad, e.g. Sia's "Kill and Run", "Blank Page", "Million Dollar Man", etc.

What does it sound like??? Pop-py like "Hollywood's Dead"? :ohno:

I wish I knew how it sounded like, but unfortunately I have no idea. :( Judging by the title it seems to be the typical ballad Chris does. I really wish we had that, we have nothing by Sky produced by him.

Curious :assad: So we likely won't be seeing any new titles pop up, it'll just be the same tracklist marinating until next year (pray for January).

I do intend to do the fanbook still! I guess now more than ever we all need to write some encouragement and support :rip:

Yeah, I guess there won't be any more titles surfacing. "I Will" (the song) still needs to get registered, though! You have no idea of how much I hope that she sits down and records nothing else. I'm sure that if she does, it'll all happen again in terms of songs getting replaced, then track lists getting changed and possibly even a change of the title. :facepalm:

My Sky tickets came in the mail! :party:

Wondering: does anyone have the interview that Sky talks about the delay in, other than GQ? Mentioning getting with other producers and stuff. @ mentioned it?

My Sky tickets came in the mail! :party:

Wondering: does anyone have the interview that Sky talks about the delay in, other than GQ? Mentioning getting with other producers and stuff. @ mentioned it?

The most recent ones I were GQ and Bullett

Although there was another I don't remember

BzhmW.png

The only times Sky has publicly talked about the album being delayed and the EP were during the British GQ interview and on Twitter.

@@SitarHero Sky mentioned the delay and getting into studios in different interviews. It was in the Topman interview that she mentioned that "other people's schedules are clearing for the summer so I am going to get into the studio with a few people" and that "overall it's pretty much done but I like collaborating."

She never explicitly said she's working with new producers, and never said that she's going to release these new records on the EP or album. The album is finished and my two cents are that she's going to release I Will outtakes on the EP because they're still special to her somehow, but they didn't have space left on the album track list. :)

The only times Sky has publicly talked about the album being delayed and the EP were during the British GQ interview and on Twitter.

@@SitarHero Sky mentioned the delay and getting into studios in different interviews. It was in the Topman interview that she mentioned that "other people's schedules are clearing for the summer so I am going to get into the studio with a few people" and that "overall it's pretty much done but I like collaborating."

She never explicitly said she's working with new producers, and never said that she's going to release these new records on the EP or album. The album is finished and my two cents are that she's going to release I Will outtakes on the EP because they're still special to her somehow, but they didn't have space left on the album track list. :)

That makes sense. So once and for all, you think they pushed it back so she can put out an EP of outtakes and release it internationally, not because she's doing new stuff?

That makes sense. So once and for all, you think they pushed it back so she can put out an EP of outtakes and release it internationally, not because she's doing new stuff?

Exactly! She confirmed that one the reasons why it was pushed back is because the album is finally getting released worldwide (all her EP releases were U.S.-only, as we know), and considering the album is done and that she performed nearly all the songs from it, I believe she's doing it in our favor too (since we are going to get non-album songs with the EP, anyway).

Sooo the EP will have new songs that won't be on the album? They are outtakes from the new album?

we don't know

you know just as much as we do, it's all speculation

BzhmW.png

we don't know

you know just as much as we do, it's all speculation

Gotcha, thanks.

Well I know I'd like it to be 5 songs and to be released physically to fit in my collection well tbh :hooker:

OMG though what if Sky pulled a Robyn and put the 5 songs of each 3 EPs to make her 15 track CD :deadbanana: :toofunny:

H0bDaqU.gif

Gotcha, thanks.

Well I know I'd like it to be 5 songs and to be released physically to fit in my collection well tbh :hooker:

OMG though what if Sky pulled a Robyn and put the 5 songs of each 3 EPs to make her 15 track CD :deadbanana: :toofunny:

Gosh, that'd be a nightmare. :toofunny: But she'd not troll us as hard as that. :teehee:

Gosh, that'd be a nightmare. :toofunny: But she'd not troll us as hard as that. :teehee:

Colette Carr did that too, right? Most of her fans seemed rightly disappointed, at least the ones I follow on Twitter. :eek:

Colette Carr did that too, right? Most of her fans seemed rightly disappointed, at least the ones I follow on Twitter. :eek:

That fact Colette Carr has an album out while Sky still does not makes me beyond upset

BzhmW.png

She didn't really release past EPs as albums. Colette never had a proper EP, just her mix-tape. The fans knew that after a number of Skitszo EPs, they'd come together into one "full" album, so I don't see a reason for them to be upset. She just released parts of the album prior to the full release. :P