TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

:wat: :hdu:

So that confirms "You're Not the One" and "I Will" for the tracklist, at least...What will become of her album? Do you have any receipts?

"Rolling Stone described Sky Ferreira's music as "grunge-pop…with its sneering brashness underscored by the heroin chic-meets-haute horror video." Ferreira splits her time among four cities—Los Angeles, New York, London, and Paris—writing and recording her long-awaited debut album with Ariel Rechtshaid and Justin Raisen. On September 16, Capitol Records will release the first EP from these recording sessions, titled I Will. The EP will be accompanied by a video by longtime Sky Ferreira collaborator Grant Singer. Their short film together, IRL, premiered at the Cannes Short Film Corner. In addition, the release of I Will will be supported by an international live tour, taking in major cities across the U.S., U.K., France, and Germany. Ferreira's debut album is expected to be released in early 2014."

H0bDaqU.gif

So this just came out:

Quote:

Tell me about the new album. I love your last EP, Ghost. I know you said once that the EP formed kind of accidentally.

Sky: Oh yeah, but I like it too. The songs were last-minute, but this EP coming up was not last-minute. There will be some songs on there that I've been playing at my shows: "You're Not the One," "I Will," "Love Stereo," and "Ain't Your Right." But no one's actually heard the recorded versions yet—they sound way different from the live versions. Grant Singer [who directed videos "Sad Dream" and "Everything Is Embarrassing" from Ghost] will direct the first video from "You're Not the One." That'll be really cool. That'll kick off the EP, with four or five songs, then a few months later, I'll come out with the album. I'm so excited.

– Source –

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I told y'all she was releasing the songs she did recently.

I don't know how to feel about it saying "the first EP from the sessions" and then saying she's touring worldwide before the album but if I get to see her I don't care

BzhmW.png

So this just came out:

Quote:

Tell me about the new album. I love your last EP, Ghost. I know you said once that the EP formed kind of accidentally.

Sky: Oh yeah, but I like it too. The songs were last-minute, but this EP coming up was not last-minute. There will be some songs on there that I've been playing at my shows: "You're Not the One," "I Will," "Love Stereo," and "Ain't Your Right." But no one's actually heard the recorded versions yet—they sound way different from the live versions. Grant Singer [who directed videos "Sad Dream" and "Everything Is Embarrassing" from Ghost] will direct the first video from "You're Not the One." That'll be really cool. That'll kick off the EP, with four or five songs, then a few months later, I'll come out with the album. I'm so excited.

– Source –

Hope she does 5 songs so there's still a chance for Werewolf :pray: Before my concert date, at least! I'll have enough time to learn them (can't even try to decipher lyrics on live recordings).

But these are all album tracks...What say you, @? Is your tracklist info off after this new development?

No, she performed at Festival Nrmal in Monterrey

I'm not from Monterrey  :teehee:

I'm from Mexico City, and the only time she came was for a photoshoot

I saw her in Festival Nrmal, she was perfect I swear.

Btw, is it weird that Sky said: "Grant Singer [who directed videos "Sad Dream" and "Everything Is Embarrassing" from Ghost] will direct the first video from "You're Not the One." That'll be really cool."

The first video from YNTO? Maybe she chose her words wrongly... I don't know,

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I saw her in Festival Nrmal, she was perfect I swear.

Btw, is it weird that Sky said: "Grant Singer [who directed videos "Sad Dream" and "Everything Is Embarrassing" from Ghost] will direct the first video from "You're Not the One." That'll be really cool."

The first video from YNTO? Maybe she chose her words wrongly... I don't know,

What if the EP it's called "You're Not the One"?

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

What if the EP it's called "You're Not the One"?

I thought I read somewhere that the EP is going to be called I Will (leaving the album with yet ANOTHER new title if this is true... And it probably will have a new title regardless if she's going to release it's title track on an EP months before the album).

She confirmed that the EP is called "I Will" and the debut album is still untitled... 

but we might have more than one You're Not the One music video? mmmmh.... (I'd love to)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

it is not even going to feel real when/if we finally get an album...

I feel like I won't even appreciate it because I waited so long, I'll be ready for the next one almost immediately lol... Unless there really are a lot of really new and REALLY good tracks on this album.. She better not try a 10 track album... At least 12 please.

it is not even going to feel real when/if we finally get an album...

I feel like I won't even appreciate it because I waited so long, I'll be ready for the next one almost immediately lol... Unless there really are a lot of really new and REALLY good tracks on this album.. She better not try a 10 track album... At least 12 please.

I think she's up for a 12 tracks long album... I really don't think she's going to use any of the EP's songs on it (maybe just EIE and YNTO) so... it's probably 10 brand new songs.

But I do highly believe that she will have some bonus tracks... maybe a deluxe? maybe a japan exclusives? UK exclusives?

I think we might get 14+ tracks at the end. Also, I think that once the album gets released we might get a lot of leaks haha.

lol @ Sky spoiling us her part on The Green Inferno 

:defeated:

1010855_205225682972530_846464008_n.png

Sky and CL from 2NE1
The photo was taken in a studio, a collab perhaps? :D