TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

13 hours ago, DinahLee said:

It's crazy. For sure she'd *never* get anything like a Hit of sorts, but it's just clear that she does have a "cult following". I have no ideia if her ideas are too expensive for Capitol to pay knowing there will be no return and then they can't get a deal, or what the fuck goes on, but it feels like there's no agreement between both parties.

The way she always tries to paint it as "I'm a perfectionist" "not releasing til it's right" and also knowing that she's pretty much a visual artist... I can't imagine any other reason.

We don't know that. Her debut album was pretty successful for someone who financed by themselves. It wasn't mainstream but it aged nicely, kinda like Lana's work. Her promotions are extremely extremely bad. I've been following the indie scene on yt in middle school and never have I ever came across to her until 2015. I've played Voices Carry to multiple people and the majority liked it after the first chorus, including me. It wasn't "its nice..." it was "Oooohhh that's niice". Also, moody artists are very trendy atm. She is the full package for a successful artist targeted at teens and young adults but considering everything that happened, everything falls into water. Her Instagram is also very depressing. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

14 hours ago, Veinsineon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

01. Downhill Lullaby

02. Mourning After

03. Gaslight

04. Masochism

05. Finders Keepers

06. Pretty Dull

07. Last Of The Famous International Playboys

08. Vitriol Kisses

09. Touch

10. Don't Forget

11. All My Lovers Die

12. The Life

13. I Pray For Rain

14. Descending

Reveal hidden contents

:pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2:

I hope she scraps this The Last Of The Famous International Playboys cover... Nobody wants anything that comes from Morrissey

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

1 hour ago, DaddyKnows said:

Jorge's original files haven't leaked bby, the well known leaker (who attempted to sell a rough All to Myself demo for $400) kept it to himself and leaked everything transcoded, but here's both demos:

1 - https://dbree.org/v/05f3dd

2 - https://dbree.org/v/56c5f2

In 12 days the I Pray For Rain leak will turn 1 year ??

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

I just want Pretty Dull

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

37 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

:defeated: 

That title always gets me started... there's like 50 songs I want from her at this point :willcut:

I feel like Sky has became a clickbait master during these 8 years, cause all Masochism song titles makes me so curious and excited for the songs...

Wait, was I Pray For Rain really supposed to be in 50 shades soundtrack??

10 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

Wait, was I Pray For Rain really supposed to be in 50 shades soundtrack??

As far as I know, no.

9 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Do you think it’s possible that she will just…never release another album?

It's possible. At this point if she really wanted to release a piece of work she would've gone the mixtape route just like Charli XCX, JoJo or Tinashe, they also had big issues with their label.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

I know it sounds disgusting, but I honestly felt she’d die before an album is put out…she just gives me those Amy Winehouse vibes.  A lot of the time she posts my first thought  is ‘oh she’s alive’. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I know it sounds disgusting, but I honestly felt she’d die before an album is put out…she just gives me those Amy Winehouse vibes.  A lot of the time she posts my first thought  is ‘oh she’s alive’. 

It kinda is like someone close to her is updating her ig account posting old photoshoots of her because she died.

That'll be slightly off-topic but have you heard of Chromatics? They were supposed to release an album called Dear Tommy years ago but guess what? They've disbanded recently.

I fear that it'll happen with Sky and Masochism. One day she'll be like "this was fun y'all bye".

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

23 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

That'll be slightly off-topic but have you heard of Chromatics? They were supposed to release an album called Dear Tommy years ago but guess what? They've disbanded recently.

I fear that it'll happen with Sky and Masochism. One day she'll be like "this was fun y'all bye".

I'm more leaned towards that idea now more than ever.

It's funny how she bitched about Halsey and now, in the same time lapse she has made us wait for "Masochism", she has released 4 albums (counting the new one coming in less than two weeks), an EP, a live album, some live EPs...

10 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

it's actually very strange because anytime she talks about music she's always saying that music is done or ready or that she's working on it... but at the same time it feels like she doesn't want to release it anyway. we'll never know

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

god i hope not...but i agree, it seems like there are some demons there that as outside observers/strangers we only have a vague sense of. i do hope whatever's going on that she's able to move through it and share her talent w the world again.

aOaIzH2.gif

@ChaoticLipster

@rightofjupiter

It's morbid but that scenario came to my head when checking her Instagram. She gives me drug addict vibes or someone who's depressed, in her most recent photos she looks really drained and she only looks polished and happy in her old photos. In her selfies she looks always very tired. Pretty sad. When you see her Instagram she doesn't seem like someone who would want to promote herself and her music. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

They released multiple singles, EPs and an album within the timespan of scrapping DT and breaking up though ... 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!