TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I read many tweets and comments from people that attended the show saying the whole thing was a mess, she was singing out of tune, tech issues and that there was no good coordination between her and the band. 

Is all that true? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I read many tweets and comments from people that attended the show saying the whole thing was a mess, she was singing out of tune, tech issues and that there was no good coordination between her and the band. 

Is all that true? 

From what I read the band seemed to be struggling with some of the songs (possible that they had to make last minute changes if someone caught COVID) but nothing about her sounding a mess. I also read that she went on "late" which could have been out of her own control but may have contributed to the performance getting cut short.

I could understand that she blames Capitol Records for the problems regarding funding her projects, promoting and releasing her music. Specially releasing her music. 

Ever since she announced Masochism she has been VERY VOCAL that the lack of releases is because her label won't let her release her music... Yet there is no finished album. How come? 

She kept promising music in 2017-2019, as if the album was pretty much ready to get released but her label would sabotage her. But now that is 2022 and her music is starting to get released now she claims the album is not finished yet and that's why there is no release date. Now the problem is her and not the label. 

But what about how her last two shows have been pretty messy? I'm talking about Pitchfork 2019 and now Primavera 2022. Now there is no label behind her actions or decisions to blame. It's now just her. Or is she now blaming the venue? Is she blaming her bad luck? Is she blaming tech issues? What's she's blaming now? Or is she finally ready to accept that if something goes wrong it MAY be her own fault and she needs to up her game? 

I just fin it very weird how everything is happening around her and I don't know what's going on with her, but I don't blame people that says that she's still struggling with drugs, because that's the only reasonable situation that I might think for this lack of professionalism and bad moments. It's just plain dumb that it just happens to her and it keeps happening just to her every single damn time. 

I just want her to fucking win and impress her fans just like her peers do. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Sky sounded good, there was no such thing as being “out of tune”? LMAO.

She forgot the lyrics to a post-chorus line in You’re Not the One and messed up a bit but it was cute, no big deal.

She got onstage 25 minutes late and probably there were tech issues because while we were waiting for the show, they had to change the microphone that was there.

She asked for Nobody Asked Me three times and the people started playing random songs and she was like????? Someone in the audience yelled “what’s going on?” and she replied “beats me, I don’t know.”

They probably cut her short because Nick Cave was gonna perform and the stages were like super close to each other so it’d be a mess.

Either way the show was great and she looked beautiful

7 minutes ago, Jord said:

Sky sounded good, there was no such thing as being “out of tune”? LMAO.

She asked for Nobody Asked Me three times and the people started playing random songs and she was like????? Someone in the audience yelled “what’s going on?” and she replied “beats me, I don’t know.”

I'm glad she wasn't out of tune. The Facebook page "Indietronica" claimed she was lol. 

And ugh, it sucks that her band messed out. Poor Sky. 

4 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

wait, are some people really expecting a grunge singer to be hopping around the stage with a full dance routine? I just 🤦🏻‍♂️

lol no you don't need to move around the stage a ton to be dynamic, but she looks lifeless, no energy or intensity

aOaIzH2.gif

Have none of y’all ever watched sky perform? Honestly from the vids I’ve seen she sounded great, looked great and seemed happy. she was obviously anxious but was so happy to see her out there, being a grunge goddess. And she’s added two unheard songs to her setlists, so I’m happy. Tired of all the negativity, cuz we have all been here for years of that. Let’s keep this going, and pray she has some US tour dates to come and video soon.

I agree, I get tired with there always being some sort of issue, but I’ve read that she wasn’t actually late to the festival, so idk what to believe. Let’s see how these next shows go.

Guardian was technically replaced by Downhill Lullaby if you think about it. She was talking way back in 2015 about how the first two singles from Masochism were going to be Guardian and Fire (Don't Forget), but obviously we ended up getting DL instead. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I remember an insider mentioned that Guardian was scrapped from the album. 

Maybe that's why the song is not on the setlist. 

I really hope it didn't happen to Descending as well. I don't want Descending to become the new Pretty Dull. 

#LeakPrettyDull

13 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

lol no you don't need to move around the stage a ton to be dynamic, but she looks lifeless, no energy or intensity

i feel like she was just nervous so she was like extra stiff? this was her first performance in awhile right?

2 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

Why can’t they ever get her sound right :facepalm:

tbh festival sound is bad for everyone usually, some artists are just able to ignore it better than others. my partner worked in sound before and would tell me horror stories

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

The people at the festival are dragging her on twitter omg 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson