TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

sky "performed" at another festival today and to no one's surprise, it was a mess again

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

36 minutes ago, medievalthots said:

sky "performed" at another festival today and to no one's surprise, it was a mess again

Being a stan has never been harder except for Lana in 2020/21 but at least she was releasing music

Halsey's haters have been really quiet for some time. I remember them whining on this thread for Halsey being more successful than Sky...

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Why y'all keep lying? Like, there's literally no such thing as Primavera Sound or Best Kept Secret, Sky never been there, these festivals never existed, Sky last concerts were in 2018. Stop trying gaslighting me

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Idk whose idea it was for someone like her to go on a festival run but like someone said, having her own tour in more intimate venues would’ve spared her from all that chaos. Running late when there’s a tight schedule for you and other performers is just straight up unprofessional, I sympathize if she gets stage fright or something but c’mon at some point she needs to get it together if she wants to be a musician. 

58 minutes ago, medievalthots said:

wow... so glad i didn't go after being tempted to, guess she's just one of those studio artists (whenever she finds the time to enter one) and simply not a performer at all...

still need All My Lovers Die tho xx

giphy.gif

okay i really don't care enough to be mad because i wasn't there to any of the festival dates, but i would love to know what the hell is happening with her. like i'm sure if she just addressed what's going on and explained people who like her enough would understand. but it's really hard to root for her with these strange displays of unprofessionalism, which only a minority of us were willing to excuse in the first place when they had to do with her not getting an uber to the studio (or whatever?)

first, she says the album she's been teasing since 2015 is not done.

then, a single drops way too late to gain any momentum without the video because she can't compromise her "vision" (???) and has to learn Final Cut/Premiere/sony vegas (lol) on the spot

then, a bunch of the wildly anticipated tour dates happen and all exhibit the same issues.

even without her chaotic (euphemism) background, damn. really hate to see it. but i also really think most of you guys take every single one of her missteps a little too personally. let's be stoics and accept whatever finds our way. that's the only way anyone can be in this for the long haul at this point

At this point, how about us stop pretending to blame on anyone else but herself? Like, we already used everysingle excuse for her lackluster in nearly 10 years

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

im sorry but there’s no way to excuse this. I was at the Barcelona show and it felt like an awkward school presentation. At the beggining everyone was screaming and cheering for her nonstop and she hardly acknowledged it, didn’t engage with her audience at all, and just looked annoyed, uncomfortable and mad.

I really love her music and artistry, but its totally understandable for people in the crowd who didnt know her much and were there out of curiosity to walk away. We can say whatever we want about her anxiety or stage fright problems, but at the end of the day she was just standing there awkwardly without nothing more going on, constantly giving death stares to the sound technicians and giving up on herself.

We were there just to have a good time and sing along with her, and everyone was so excited to hear for the first time “all my lovers die” among other songs (voices carry included!) but as soon as she finished, she said something like “well, that wasn’t good”, killing the whole vibe. Some fans immediately starting shouting “it was good!” “dont worry its ok we love you!” but c’mon…  it really got depressing and undewhelming. 

Luckily for me and my friends, we spaniards do have some sense of humor - when it finished we just laughed it off saying how the show itself was kinda iconic and on-brand for her, that despite our low expections (yknow, we kinda knew what we where getting ourselves into) she still managed to surprise us with whatever she got going on, and how, after years of only seeing sky in very few, blurred and low quality pictures, we finally got to see her in ‘high res’ for like half an hour. 

final thoughts - if it happens once, shame on the festival or the technicians. If happens twice or three times, shame on her for not stepping up and fixing her show’s issues. If it happens EVERY time… yeah……..

also, where tf is the music video?

All I really have to say about this past weekend is.... Stream Tamaryn Cranekiss and pray that she releases her next album soon 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna