TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, Kurt said:

Let me be clear that this is not important/serious whatsoever but I’m just genuinely curious if there’s a reason we call it simply “Pray For Rain” when Sky called it “I Pray For Rain”?

i use 'I Pray for Rain" anyways because i think it just looks better :hooker:

2 minutes ago, feelingxcx said:

(can't believe we finally have descending in ANY quality in full)

I also just finished making an edited version. I tried to get rid of as much annoying noise as possible and mixed it in with other snippets and the London performance. Hope it was worth not sleeping till 6:30 am :)

this is excellent :party: now i just hope we get the full quality version eventually

50 minutes ago, feelingxcx said:

I also just finished making an edited version. I tried to get rid of as much annoying noise as possible and mixed it in with other snippets and the London performance. Hope it was worth not sleeping till 6:30 am :)

Thank you so much for this!! It was definitely worth it lol :party:

6 hours ago, PolaroidWhore said:

Also should add, you guys should stop leaking her music and instead leak her contract, or at least her terms that she signed off on single handedly at 15 years old (freshly dropped out from school, and vulnerable, UMG preyed on a minor to exploit and treat as a cash cow and then shelve when they don't comply to every demand and decision... ,  I am going to sound like a broken record but, digesting the last 10 years... its something that needs to be mentioned more often bc its disgusting .... i am sure it would clear up every question but I promise you Universal Music Group would rather see her fold than give the fire oxygen....  :burn: 

no one here leaked her music, it was published on dbr-I understand you4 concern but we cannot do anything regarding sky's career-the best we can do is not publicise the leaks which we did- sky should not have signed a contract at 15 if this was the case and her mom should have reviewed a lawyer to look at the terms and conditions.what’s done is done-her case is quite common but it’s not as black and white as this makes out-clearly.

Just now, lilac heaven said:

okayyyy but every contract is vastly different, and sky’s whole situation is very different… when Sky was young and signed, they tried to make her into something she didn’t want to be, and when she fought back, they fought back harder. it doesn’t seem like Ella ever had that issue; when she was being developed, it was also very clearly on her own terms and what felt genuine and true to her. 2 completely different situations, 2 completely different labels, and probably 2 completely different contracts

Lorde was developed as an anti-lana which is why royals was pushed as the lead single- the record label head and lorde went out of their way to compare music constantly.

She wasn’t as completely organic as you think 

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okayyyy but every contract is vastly different, and sky’s whole situation is very different… when Sky was young and signed, they tried to make her into something she didn’t want to be, and when she fought back, they fought back harder. it doesn’t seem like Ella ever had that issue; when she was being developed, it was also very clearly on her own terms and what felt genuine and true to her. 2 completely different situations, 2 completely different labels, and probably 2 completely different contracts. Ella also received pretty much immediate success when she started releasing which likely gave her a lot of freedom, control, and just artistic trust. Sky never had an immediate breakthrough like that

I agree with this and I know, but I said that to some people here who keep bringing the “age” to the discussion. Like they memorized a sentence which goes like “but she signed when she was 15!!!!” and they keep saying this over and over again. I was trying to say, let's not make that the ONLY excuse because of course there are people who signed even younger than Sky and are doing fine right now.

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

I really don’t think she was developed with the intention of being an “anti-lana” lol, and it’s clear that whatever she was developed into still resonated with her own personality and vision for herself as an artist a lot more than what Capitol was trying to mold Sky into at the beginning. And Lorde was only annoying and compared herself to other people because she was a suddenly extremely famous 16 year old with a big mouth and big ego

There’s evidence to suggest otherwise, I’m not doubting lorde was genuine in her music  etc but she was never lower class-people living near her have said the family was relatively wealthy and had an expensive house.

all marketing.

there were many comparisons made between Lana and lorde again if your record label is saying this-it’s for promotion tactics.

Despite this she used to re blog Lana  on tumblr quite a bit pre debut so she clearly was a fan.

9 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

Remember that Sky said that she wanted Descending to be the lead? I think Capitol chose DF maybe because Sky showed them as the first track of the album, if she has ever showed them an early version of it. It's been a recurrent strategy by labels to make the first track the lead single.

It would really make sense, and DF seems to fit really well as the first track 

honey... she is just talking SHIT

"I will give you one hint about one of my first two singles:

There's a fire on your street
x
Sky"

5 hours ago, feelingxcx said:

wow, you're a god for this. thank u so much.

Every time I have tried to listen to something by this girl it has been so bad.. except downhill lullaby whew she came for blood with that song

but this descending leak…… yall idk what you’re hearing but it isn’t good ! periodt 

Im going to give her album a listen this week and really try to comprehend what people are hearing… 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, Pale Fire said:

Every time I have tried to listen to something by this girl it has been so bad.. except downhill lullaby whew she came for blood with that song

but this descending leak…… yall idk what you’re hearing but it isn’t good ! periodt 

Im going to give her album a listen this week and really try to comprehend what people are hearing… 

The leak is literally unlistenable so maybe it's that ? :rip:

1 hour ago, Pale Fire said:

Honestly though, shitty leak or not, this is what yall were foaming at the mouth to have? :wtf:

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

2 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

DOWNHILL LULLABY!? :godlaugh2: but everything else has been “so bad” to you yeah lemme just laugh!

Now leak Pretty Dull :smokes:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I don't think the Descending leak is that bad when you listen to it on decent speakers. It is the demo so you have to overlook the scrambles and scratches (meant to keep bootleggers from creating their own Masochism vinyl) to get the idea of what the final cut is going to sound like. Anyone looking to play leaks on repeat like they're official tracks is out of luck on this one. 🙁

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg