Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hydroponic Weeds

Wheel of Time

Recommended Posts

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and pass...

 

the-wheel-of-time-tv-series.jpg

 

Robert Jordan's 14 book epic fantasy series is soon to be a TV series later this year, coming from Amazon and has been renewed for another season already ahead of the premier. 

 

Right now would be the best time to start the books, there are 14 books and 1 prequel. Unfortunately, Robert Jordan who wrote the first 11 books and the prequel, died before he could finish the series. His widow who was also his editor and kept track of all of his notes for the rest of the series and how it would all end hired Brandon Sanderson to complete the series. He himself said he wasn't sure if he should do it, because the book was very influential for him as a writer but he said if he doesn't do it and she picks someone else, that could potentially end up being ruined by someone who isn't as big of a fan of the writing and the story and world of WoT than himself.... so he accepted the offer and wrote it with Robert's widow and they finished the series so there IS AN ENDING THAT IS FAITHFUL TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S INTENTIONS FOR THE ENDING. Brandon said there was so much to write, that he couldn't fit it into one book, so books 12, 13, and 14 were meant to finish the series as one but couldn't be fit all together as one book. Robert planned for it to only be 6 books but here we are lol

 

It would be a ton of fun if other LB users read the books too with me and we could talk about itttttt lol we can talk about what Ajah we'd be in and other stuff. As of right now I'm halfway through the second book. 

 

Series Order

The Eye of the World

The Great Hunt

The Dragon Reborn

The Shadow Rising

The Fires of Heaven

Lord of Chaos

A Crown of Swords

The Path of Daggers

Winter's Heart

Crossroads of Twilight

Knife of Dreams

The Gathering Storm

Towers of Midnight

A Memory of Light

Prequel:

New Spring

 

 


giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2021 at 12:10 AM, sansafuckingstark said:

I'm almost done with book 1! I have no idea how long it'll take me to get through all of them but I'm hooked.

 

did you end up finishing the first book? i'm about halfway book 3; haven't been reading so much lately but i'm so glad to see other people reading this series. So far my favorites are Egwene, Mat, and Verin. I love those three characters, so anytime i get to read more about them I'm happy lol

 

3 hours ago, Volta said:

I read The Eye of the World over the summer! I enjoyed it but I’m not a huge epic fantasy person so I’m not sure when I’ll continue the series.

 

Please try out the second one! the further you get into it, it gets better at least for me. like there's so much story development and world building that happens between the second and third book, you'll be absolutely shook


giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds really interesting. I don't know if I have the money for it right now :trisha: but I definetly gonna check out where I can buy them:hype:


' I think I need to add that song, "Dealer ", where I'm just sreaming my head off. People don't know what it sounds like when I yell. And I do yell.':scream:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

 

did you end up finishing the first book? i'm about halfway book 3; haven't been reading so much lately but i'm so glad to see other people reading this series. So far my favorites are Egwene, Mat, and Verin. I love those three characters, so anytime i get to read more about them I'm happy lol

I did! Took a little break after book 1 but I’m about a third into the Great Hunt right now and I’m really digging this one so far! I liked the first one but it felt like an introduction to me and now the story is starting to be more fleshed out. I’m loving the political intrigue in Fal Dara with the Aes Sedai and I like how the characters are starting to split up. Makes me really interested in where each of their individual journey is going to take them. I would agree that the characters are the highlight so far, they already feel like dear friends. I love them all but so far I think my favorite is Nynaeve, I love how protective she is towards the original crew. 
 

I can’t wait to see where it goes from here! I know there are so much more characters and worldbuilding still left for me to learn about, I’m excited to see how my opinion of the characters change in the future books. Also the tv show looks AMAZING, I’ve been trying to read 50 pages a day since the trailer came out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

This sounds really interesting. I don't know if I have the money for it right now :trisha: but I definetly gonna check out where I can buy them:hype:

 

if you don't have money for the books you can also download using a place called libgen as ebooks on your phone or tablet

i feel that lol i finally bought them all recently and honestly it's such a fun series. some people take issue with it because if it being written by a man and the female characters "all acting the same way" but i don't see it that way at all, they're all vastly different imo. it's a lot of fun!!

3 minutes ago, sansafuckingstark said:

I did! Took a little break after book 1 but I’m about a third into the Great Hunt right now and I’m really digging this one so far! I liked the first one but it felt like an introduction to me and now the story is starting to be more fleshed out. I’m loving the political intrigue in Fal Dara with the Aes Sedai and I like how the characters are starting to split up. Makes me really interested in where each of their individual journey is going to take them. I would agree that the characters are the highlight so far, they already feel like dear friends. I love them all but so far I think my favorite is Nynaeve, I love how protective she is towards the original crew. 
 

I can’t wait to see where it goes from here! I know there are so much more characters and worldbuilding still left for me to learn about, I’m excited to see how my opinion of the characters change in the future books. Also the tv show looks AMAZING, I’ve been trying to read 50 pages a day since the trailer came out!

 

yes yes yes!!!!! you're going to love the third one ahhhh i can't wait for you to be in the area of the book i'm at but i won't say anything at all bc of spoilers. the second one had me on the edge of my seat during the second half and i couldn't put it down. my opinions have definitely changed, i hated egwene's personality at the beginning but she's already evolved and the same with a few other people too. i can't wait for the show, the book had me so hyped and then seeing the trailer BITCHHHHHHH i can't wait. the cast looks great, although not exactly how I pictured them but they really fit in their roles in the trailer


giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

 

yes yes yes!!!!! you're going to love the third one ahhhh i can't wait for you to be in the area of the book i'm at but i won't say anything at all bc of spoilers. the second one had me on the edge of my seat during the second half and i couldn't put it down. my opinions have definitely changed, i hated egwene's personality at the beginning but she's already evolved and the same with a few other people too. i can't wait for the show, the book had me so hyped and then seeing the trailer BITCHHHHHHH i can't wait. the cast looks great, although not exactly how I pictured them but they really fit in their roles in the trailer

I’m glad to hear it! It’s kind of cool to start a massive 15 book series and know our opinion of the characters is going to evolve as they grow older. Makes it feel like we’re part of the journey ourselves! 

How would you rank the books so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sansafuckingstark said:

I’m glad to hear it! It’s kind of cool to start a massive 15 book series and know our opinion of the characters is going to evolve as they grow older. Makes it feel like we’re part of the journey ourselves! 

How would you rank the books so far?

Hmm.... I'll let you know once I finish the third because at this point, I'm already partial to book 3, but definitely liked 2 better than 1, even though the ending to 1 was absolutely epic. The second one is my favorite of the two i've finished for sure!


giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...