TheGlitterandGold

What Lana Del Rey song best highlights her skills as a musician?

Ahh, this is tough. Is this strictly her vocals? Or other skills as a musician (such as songwriting or melody-making)?

Vocally, Off To The Races showcases her range so well; the track also shows how she can shift her voice from being very low and gravely to an almost childlike, high-pitched trill. OTTR can also be really challenging in terms of breath control as well. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Off to the Races — the lyrics provide witty rhymes, gorgeous imagery and smart storytelling while presenting her general themes of love and freedom, the vocal work showcases her range and the melody is both ominous and charming in a very Lana way. Alternatively, Happiness is a Butterfly: the "Hollywood and Vine, Black Rabbit in the alley/I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue" bit on its own sums up her work with how dramatic she sounds and the way in which she abridges East and West Coast in her imaginary America.