Beautiful Loser

[CANCELED] [PROJECT] Born To Die 10th Anniversary Fan Book

I'm so down to do this, count me in <3

Edit :

I just realized the dead line was today. Sorry for being literal last minute. What can I say, i run on drag queen time lol

So I've gotten 20 messages in total, about half of them sent in really close to the deadline. Since I'm not thinking of going through with the project anymore (way few messages than I anticipated + haven't been successful with making contact with Lana's team), I think I'll lock the thread. But before I do that, would you like me to share the messages that were sent in, but not telling who wrote what so you guys all stay anonymous? It's up to you guys if you want to announce which message you wrote. I just wanted to ask because I really think these messages are very loving and wholesome, and some of you expressed a wish to read the book once it was completed.

I won't share selfies, and I won't share fan art either (unless you give me your permission to do so).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

So I've gotten 20 messages in total, about half of them sent in really close to the deadline. Since I'm not thinking of going through with the project anymore (way few messages than I anticipated + haven't been successful with making contact with Lana's team), I think I'll lock the thread. But before I do that, would you like me to share the messages that were sent in, but not telling who wrote what so you guys all stay anonymous? It's up to you guys if you want to announce which message you wrote. I just wanted to ask because I really think these messages are very loving and wholesome, and some of you expressed a wish to read the book once it was completed.

I won't share selfies, and I won't share fan art either (unless you give me your permission to do so).

yeah, i think you should absolutely share the messages, so at least they don't go to waste and we can kinda read what the book could've been! :) 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Ugh I've been super busy this semester so I kinda forgot about my promise to share the messages, and then I remembered it but didn't have time to add them here. Well... better later than never, I suppose.

As I previously mentioned, I'll only share the messages and keep eveyone's names/usernames a secret. These are super sweet, I hope they'll bring a smile to you. :)

Spoiler
MESSAGE 1
Dearest Lana, You rocked my world from the moment I heard Video Games on the radio for the very first time, and when Summertime Sadness became a №1 hit in Poland. I feel honoured to have been following your music since Born To Die, and growing with it, and receiving comfort through it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing undying inspiration and happiness into my life <3

MESSAGE 2
Hey Lana :) Ever since I discovered you and your art, my artistic side has evolved tremendously. You are the reason I started writing my own music, my own lyrics and my own poetry. Your story and your insights about following your dreams have inspired me greatly and you made me love art in a very special way. You are truly one of my favourite artists ever!! I love you <3

MESSAGE 3
First of all, of any word that I address to you, the person who has influenced me the most for years, I want to say thank you, thanks to you I have met people, I have traveled and all without leaving aside the most important thing, the music. You make me happier, and made your song my soundtrack, I love you lana, come to barcelona soon, hope to meet you one day!

MESSAGE 4
I found your music in 2011 at age 12 upon hearing Video Games and Carmen for the very first time. I’m 22 years old now and have grown with you for 10 years of my life. I’ve been following your path with every release after BTD. Your music is everything to me and every album of yours hold so many memories. You are so special to me, I have a “Get Free” tattoo in your honor. You are a visionary.

MESSAGE 5
10 years since the album that changed my life. from the bottom of my heart, thank you lana. thank you for everything you’ve done for us over the past 10 years and the incredible art you’ve produced. from ultraviolence to honeymoon, every album is a masterpiece, as is born to die, a timeless classic ofc! we love you so much, and i can’t believe it’s already been 10 years. i cant wait for 10 more!

MESSAGE 6
Hi Lana! It’s hard to overestimate the influence your music has had on me ever since I heard BTD ten years ago (crazy how time flies). It never fails to inspire me, I always find your lyrics insanely relatable, and many times your songs have helped me to get through difficult times when nobody else could. Lots of love and inspiration x

MESSAGE 7
Hi Lana! I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done for the world, your music has healed so many people and in my opinion you are the greatest musical artist to ever live. I am so grateful to witness the artistic journey you're on and look forward to many more years of being blown away by your work. I wish you all the best in life, and thank you again for making so many lives better.

MESSAGE 8
U found me at 14 when Video Games played in class I dived into Born 2 Die & it opened a world so vast Ultraviolence held my hand through exams & Honeymoon kept me safe when my first love was doomed But Lust 4 Life gave me a new lust 4 love like a saviour from above & Norman gave me a safe haven & wrapped me up like cotton Now Chemtrails arrives at 23 and for 9 yrs U have been on this journey w me

MESSAGE 9
hey, L! this girl who writes here had no idea of what she was doing b4 knowing you. four years with lana del rey, my kinnie lizzy, LA 2 the moon, NFR and BTDay boy. my coincidence of sweet and wildlife whose melodies are my tourism guide through teenage years; a time capsule who flies us thru all atmosphere layers, no emotion missing, making a complete sincere and unique artist. happy BTDay ♡

MESSAGE 10
Ciao Lana! I was the girl who gave you the hat in Rome on April 13th, 2018, best day of my life! I've been foowing you since BTD and I can't believe it's almost 10 years wow! I love you so much and thank you for everything, you taught me so much. I spent my teenage years (I'm 22 now) growing up with your music and you literally saved me. Love from Italy and long live Ultraviolence!!

MESSAGE 11
i know you hear this often, but your music has shaped who i am today. if i wouldn't have discovered you at 12, i would've been lost. you've gotten me through middle school, high school, & now (almost) through college. either way, i know your music will live on with me for the rest of my life & decades past. you've created a beautiful legacy for yourself & your art. i love you lana. keep doing you!

MESSAGE 12
Lana, thank you for existing. Your music has saved my life so many times and I truly wouldn't be here without you. You are an incredible human, inside and out! No one writes and makes music the way you do, and without you the world would be so much darker. Whenever I've been at the lowest in life, hearing your voice and your lyrics has brought me out of the darkness. I love you forever!

MESSAGE 13
Dear Lana, I just want to say what an impact your music has had on my life. You're one of the only artists I connect with and I want to truly thank you for sharing your work. I don't know if you ever visit Lanaboards but it's amazing how your music has brought people together in such a big way. Hope you're doing ok and looking forwards to hearing your future projects! x

MESSAGE 14
Hi Lana. I discovered your music when you released Ultraviolence in 2014 and your music has helped me and inspired me ever since. Every time you release a new song or album I get so happy and excited because I know it'll be beautiful and amazing like everything else you do. We are so many people in this world that love and appreciate you and everything you do, including me. Thank you <3

MESSAGE 15
So, there are a million ways to start this message but I’ll go with a simple: thank you! I’m so happy that I got to see what you became since Born To Die till today. Thanks for being my butterfly through the worst moments of my life! Thanks for being the most unique artist of them all, and thank you for giving us your soul through your music and poetry! You’re the greatest! I love u, mom <3

MESSAGE 16
Dear Lana, just wanted to say a big thank you to you for creating and sharing Born to Die with us. You are the most important and influential artist of our time and your amazing music has helped me so much, in ways that you couldn't even imagine. Born To Die came out when I was in my second last year of school and it got me through a hard year. Wishing you all the best, from .

MESSAGE 17
I just want to say thank you for all these years togetger. Your art helped me a lot going through teenage girl problems, and I can’t imagine living Life without your music. You’ve inspired me so much, I finally found myself a worthy person and that’s why I started painting. I can still remember when I heard Video Games in 2011. I was just eleven, but you hypnotized me. I love you the most. Thanks.

MESSAGE 18
Lana you have changed the way I write poetry and music. I often feel a connection to you intellectually and what I love is how your records seem to come into this world at the right times in my life. I know you could care less about fame and recognition, despite all of that the most important thing you achieved is art and a love for it, and magic revived from words and melodies. I love you Lana

MESSAGE 19
I've been a fan since Born To Die. First of happy 10th to Born To Die, it's crazy it been that long, time really does flie. I remember the first time I heard your music was Diet Mountain Dew. After that I was hooked. Your music still inspires me today. I became a drag performer with the stage name Aluna Del Rey. I get live my dreams and you give me the strength to do that. I love you and your art.

MESSAGE 20
I can’t believe Born to Die is turning 10 (!) years old. It still sounds fresh as ever, and I still remember how I was coming home from skiing back in 2012 and Video Games was playing on the car radio. It did take me another 2 years to listen to the entire album – I was only 14 at the time, with no money to buy the CD – and boy, never would I have thought that listening to your music would change my life. And that is not an overstatement! I became a fan on New Year’s Eve 2014 – and from then on, I have met many new friends and visited a whole lot of places following you on tour which I would have otherwise never been to. I will always be grateful for you and your music and what it has done for me. Sending you lots of love, and see you soon x

I'll lock the thread sometime later this year since the project isn't happening anymore, but I'll keep it open for now for anyone who wants to read the messages and share a comment. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png