richandlux

Songs about Lana Del Rey

Hello,

I have found at random two songs about Lana Del Rey, they are both in german.

The first one starts with "Du bist meine Lana Del Rey ..." ("You are my Lana Del Rey")

The second one has the chorus "Du bist Lana Del Rey und ich bin Summertime Sadness" ("You're Lana Del Rey and I'm Summertime Sadness")

Do you know some more in english or other languages?

Good topic idea! I'll share some I've come across.

Without Love - James Arthur

This song mentions Lana in its opening line: "Lana Del Rey, I just saw through a demon. That's why I got the people feeling so bohemian." I actually quite like this song.

Gone But Not F. Cotton - Coldplay

This song was a tribute song to Fearne Cotton upon her departure from Radio 1. In the song, they say: "Thanks for introducing us to Lana Del Rey" as Fearne first played Video Games on the station.

I Ain't Missing - Doe B ft. G Eazy & Maino

G Eazy mentions Lana in his verse, and this was actually 3 years before they even met and had their little thing: "When I make moves, she's a goner, whether it be Rihanna, Madonna, Lana Del Rey, or your momma."

Moana - G Eazy & Jack Harlow

G Eazy mentions Lana again during his part in the song, this time 3 years after their little thing: "I know a Keisha and I know Lana. They try to get me back, but I'm like, 'No, nah, nah.'"

God Made Lana Del Rey - Jessica Chase

I really like this song too. It's a song from a small Canadian singer. In the song, she mentions Lana in the chorus: "God made Lana Del Rey and Mr. Kanye, I love when they laugh."

Lana Del Rey - Jerry James

This is a weird little love/lust song towards Lana lol. "Like a video game, but I ain't playing. I'm tryna hit Lana Del Rey, is what I'm saying."

Lana (Del Rey) - Buffalo Rodeo

Weirdly enough, this song makes no reference to Lana at all in the lyrics, she's just in the title. But ironically, this song was pitched and passed off as a fake Lizzy Grant leak a few years ago lol. Maybe the song was just reminiscent of her style, which is why they titled it after her. I really like this song too.

I Dreamed I Was Lana Del Rey's Older Brother - Walter Martin

This whole song is directed towards Lana. "Lana, why do you let them always break your heart? Lana, why do you let them tear you all apart?" I like this song too.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

https://youtu.be/68ZFX6uU6QU

It's one russian song by Pyrokinesis "Girl from Coney island". 

"Я Джимми Хендрикс! Ты, как Лана Дел Рей!"

It means "I am Jimmy Hendrix! You're like Lana Del Rey"

https://youtu.be/DMy4o-rItVU

Also Хаски used "High by the beach" as sample in one of his songs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTH2gX54k8VQJlpq9B1Pz

15 hours ago, Elle said:

Good topic idea! I'll share some I've come across.

Without Love - James Arthur

This song mentions Lana in its opening line: "Lana Del Rey, I just saw through a demon. That's why I got the people feeling so bohemian." I actually quite like this song.

is this James Arthur like X Factor James Arthur?? if so what a strange little crossover :thumb2:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

There's a song in the latest Arctic Monkeys' album called The World's First Ever Monster Truck Front Flip that has a line that goes "You and Lizzy in the summertime" but I'm not sure if it's about Lana :thumb2:.

At 0:55.

Also in Mahmood's Dorado he sings "dentro casa canto Lana" that means "at home I sing Lana". A poster of Lana in the Summer Bummer photoshoot is also featured in the video. I love him.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Me too, I love this thread I'm shocked how many people sing about her lol. Iconic

I had no clue too I love how some of them are heavily inspired by her writing 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Also in Mahmood's Dorado he sings "dentro casa canto Lana" that means "at home I sing Lana". A poster of Lana in the Summer Bummer photoshoot is also featured in the video. I love him.

I love him too! And he really likes to talk about her :trisha:

We also have Eminem rapping about punching her in the face :lanasrs2: And I‘m not sure, but there has to be a song where he says he listens to her while driving? Can‘t find it :um2:

14 minutes ago, COCC said:

I love him too! And he really likes to talk about her :trisha:

We also have Eminem rapping about punching her in the face :lanasrs2: And I‘m not sure, but there has to be a song where he says he listens to her while driving? Can‘t find it :um2:

it's this one

"And tell Dre I'm meeting him in L.A., white Bronco like Elway
Speeding, I'm bout to run over a chick, Del Rey CD in?"

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg