Elle

Arcadia [SINGLE & VIDEO] - OUT NOW

Objectively, very good song. The lyrics and concept are beautiful.

Subjectively, just like the rest of the Blue Banisters singles so far, it sounds too musical/theatrical/drama-ish for me. Fully expecting not to care for this album.

Thankful for new content either way. :flutter:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I like this song the most so far on BB, and gosh the beats at the end I rly felt like, it was appeasing to fans like me who are into the beats and bangs :sluttybunny:

I was literally like :hdu::hdu::hdu::hdu::hdu::hdu::hdu: when those beats dropped :hdu::hdu::hdu:

MORE PLS. :defeated:

the song is ok (I really don't like the outro), she sounds a bit off in some parts and I don't understand why she gets too loud in the chorus.. bad mic technique I guess. Hoping for better songs on the album :)

Is that the interlude at the end? It's so good omg

1 hour ago, nosorangegrape said:

1. she looks cute and i liked the video

2. i really didn't expect the entire song to veer off from the direction of the snippet

3. outro was disgusting

That outro might've been the interlude ?

i think this is the most beautiful song i’ve ever heard

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I really like Arcadia, Lana looks sooo beautiful in the video (I love the comparisons to honeymoon- I know u know what I’m talking about) I think the song will have to grow on many, but it’s so beautiful. LOVED the instrumental ending. Made me think of Spanish Caravan by the doors & how in a movie when the man you think died makes his comeback. She really said fuck you guys, I’m back ! :peace:

also - is it just me, but I adore the homemade videos so much, it was perfect

"Video directed by nobody" :peace:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

53 minutes ago, sadcoresiren said:

I really like Arcadia, Lana looks sooo beautiful in the video (I love the comparisons to honeymoon- I know u know what I’m talking about) I think the song will have to grow on many, but it’s so beautiful. LOVED the instrumental ending. Made me think of Spanish Caravan by the doors & how in a movie when the man you think died makes his comeback. She really said fuck you guys, I’m not going anywhere ! :peace: 

also - is it just me, but I adore the homemade videos so much, it was perfect

I'm so fucking grateful it doesn't need to grow on me. I loved it the first time, I loved it the last time.

40 minutes ago, Elle said:

"Video directed by nobody" :peace:

Her brother?

malena09.gif

Just now, Bambi Lies said:

I'm so fucking grateful it doesn't need to grow on me. I loved it the first time, I loved it the last time.

Same it's literally flawless. How can someone not like this?

Oh wow ! Such an instant classic. 

I understand why she linked it to video games, how the verse has somehow the same cadence.

It start of with those Jazz chords, then it sounds like a national anthem, an American hymn. With those classical stings and the stellar synths and the mariachi horns. Wow !

Plus those vocals give me You must Love Me and You'll Never Walk Alone vibes. There's a bit of the vulnerability of White Dress which some Celine Dion-esque vocals I wouldn't expect from her. 

Oh Gosh. And that interlude. Morricone on trap beats. Caught me totally of guards with end of the video. With that God bless and fuck off attitude.

Not even talking about the video, that starts like a homemade Lana Classic and turns into a stellar Bjork like transformation of her body.

I'm gonna need time to process all of that. Don't know how I'm going to feel about it after a few listen but one thing I can say is that it stands out on her discography.

Can we talk about the meaning  of the song, is it about saying fuck you to the people who unfairly criticized her for the question of the culture and insinuated that she is racist?

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Objectively, very good song. The lyrics and concept are beautiful.

Subjectively, just like the rest of the Blue Banisters singles so far, it sounds too musical/theatrical/drama-ish for me. Fully expecting not to care for this album.

Thankful for new content either way. :flutter:

I agree with the objective take, but the subjective one is actually the reason I'm so excited for this record. I like Chemtrails, but besides the title track it felt held back.