Elle

Arcadia [SINGLE & VIDEO] - OUT NOW

3 hours ago, cherryblossoms said:

It definitely reminds me of her cover of You Must Love Me sonically! The strings/horns sound so rich and organic I’m in love.

The chorus also has a very musical/theatrical element to it? It kinda sounds like Lana’a take on an Enya track lol.

For me it reminds me of Love Song! and I definitely see the musical/theatrical element also, it kinda reminds me of Josh Groban lol

sgopYhV.gif

Stellar, gorgeous piano ballad and iconic video. Everything that’s on Blue Banisters thus far is superb. Naysayers are all Philistines. Sure, the instrumentation in these songs can be spare, but the chord progressions, lyrics and songcraft are unparalleled. Dig out your tin ear and appreciate them as they should be.

f9da8b3aee8139f5272b25f6c2fa7d6e.gif

Is it just my headphones or is there a deep noise that doesn’t really match the song (maybe a string instrument idk what it is) in the left ear during the first verse?? It’s driving me crazy 

also after she says “finding my way to ya” and the violins do that little thing, it sounds SO familiar. Does anyone else recognize it too?? It must be from another song or a movie but I can’t place it… it also could just be a common progression idk I apologize I don’t know anything about music so I can’t describe anything well but does anyone know what I’m talking about  :deadbanana:

UbsOye5.png

5 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Is it just my headphones or is there a deep noise that doesn’t really match the song (maybe a string instrument idk what it is) in the left ear during the first verse?? It’s driving me crazy 

also after she says “finding my way to ya” and the violins do that little thing, it sounds SO familiar. Does anyone else recognize it too?? It must be from another song or a movie but I can’t place it… it also could just be a common progression idk I apologize I don’t know anything about music so I can’t describe anything well but does anyone know what I’m talking about  :deadbanana:

Lemme pop my earbuds on to test if you're going crazy or not. 

For the first thing, idk what your talking about. Maybe give a time stamp. 

For the violins yes I agree it sound familiar. 

The first thing I thought of was this song

I don't want to be negative or anything but I'm not really understanding what this is supposed to be, especially when taken in conjunction with the mv.

Is it meant to be serious? Ironic? I find it hard to really invest in the song when there's an mv of her with all that stuph at the end. I suppose I'm a bit confusion.

I will listen again tomorrow.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

31 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't want to be negative or anything but I'm not really understanding what this is supposed to be, especially when taken in conjunction with the mv.

Is it meant to be serious? Ironic? I find it hard to really invest in the song when there's an mv of her with all that stuph at the end. I suppose I'm a bit confusion.

I will listen again tomorrow.

Maybe here is a hint:

If that implies these songs are meant to be understood as bookends, “Arcadia” is an astonishing farewell to an industry that trashed her from the beginning and almost immediately rebuilt itself in her image.

I don’t think anyone has pointed it out yet, but I think this photo Lana posted on Instagram back in June is from the same day she filmed Arcadia! If you look closely, she’s wearing the same jewelry (both necklace and rings), the same sweater (you can tell by the ribbed texture), the same nail style, and her hair is styled the same way!

CE4-DBC37-57-C2-4-A59-B686-FA247-F6-ED2-C2

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

before 4:17 - the good

after 4:17 - the bad and the ugly (with trap beats)

herself and the music

the melody played at the interlude is from the soundtrack of the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (titled "The Trio" like the interlude)

just my thoughts

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I don’t think anyone has pointed it out yet, but I think this photo Lana posted on Instagram back in June is from the same day she filmed Arcadia! If you look closely, she’s wearing the same jewelry (both necklace and rings), the same sweater (you can tell by the ribbed texture), the same nail style, and her hair is styled the same way!

CE4-DBC37-57-C2-4-A59-B686-FA247-F6-ED2-C2

And that was the same day she posted the 'good god' mirror selfie of her in the hotel room where she filmed it!

12 hours ago, Yayo6408 said:

before 4:17 - the good

after 4:17 - the bad and the ugly (with trap beats)

herself and the music

the melody played at the interlude is from the soundtrack of the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (titled "The Trio" like the interlude)

just my thoughts

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" can also be found in the three verses:

verse 1 - the good: she describes the relationship of her body with L.A. and remembers her lover

verse 2 - the bad: she has doubts about herself, can't stay in L.A., speaks of her hate

outro - the ugly: she feels trashed and is desperate, everything went wrong