Jump to content
Elle

Arcadia [SINGLE & VIDEO] - OUT NOW

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cherryblossoms said:

It definitely reminds me of her cover of You Must Love Me sonically! The strings/horns sound so rich and organic I’m in love.

The chorus also has a very musical/theatrical element to it? It kinda sounds like Lana’a take on an Enya track lol.

For me it reminds me of Love Song! and I definitely see the musical/theatrical element also, it kinda reminds me of Josh Groban lol


sgopYhV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stellar, gorgeous piano ballad and iconic video. Everything that’s on Blue Banisters thus far is superb. Naysayers are all Philistines. Sure, the instrumentation in these songs can be spare, but the chord progressions, lyrics and songcraft are unparalleled. Dig out your tin ear and appreciate them as they should be.

 


f9da8b3aee8139f5272b25f6c2fa7d6e.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just my headphones or is there a deep noise that doesn’t really match the song (maybe a string instrument idk what it is) in the left ear during the first verse?? It’s driving me crazy 

also after she says “finding my way to ya” and the violins do that little thing, it sounds SO familiar. Does anyone else recognize it too?? It must be from another song or a movie but I can’t place it… it also could just be a common progression idk I apologize I don’t know anything about music so I can’t describe anything well but does anyone know what I’m talking about  :deadbanana:


UbsOye5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Is it just my headphones or is there a deep noise that doesn’t really match the song (maybe a string instrument idk what it is) in the left ear during the first verse?? It’s driving me crazy 

also after she says “finding my way to ya” and the violins do that little thing, it sounds SO familiar. Does anyone else recognize it too?? It must be from another song or a movie but I can’t place it… it also could just be a common progression idk I apologize I don’t know anything about music so I can’t describe anything well but does anyone know what I’m talking about  :deadbanana:

Lemme pop my earbuds on to test if you're going crazy or not. 

 

For the first thing, idk what your talking about. Maybe give a time stamp. 

 

For the violins yes I agree it sound familiar. 

The first thing I thought of was this song

 


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to be negative or anything but I'm not really understanding what this is supposed to be, especially when taken in conjunction with the mv.

Is it meant to be serious? Ironic? I find it hard to really invest in the song when there's an mv of her with all that stuph at the end. I suppose I'm a bit confusion.

I will listen again tomorrow.


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't want to be negative or anything but I'm not really understanding what this is supposed to be, especially when taken in conjunction with the mv.

Is it meant to be serious? Ironic? I find it hard to really invest in the song when there's an mv of her with all that stuph at the end. I suppose I'm a bit confusion.

I will listen again tomorrow.

Maybe here is a hint:

Quote

If that implies these songs are meant to be understood as bookends, “Arcadia” is an astonishing farewell to an industry that trashed her from the beginning and almost immediately rebuilt itself in her image.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think anyone has pointed it out yet, but I think this photo Lana posted on Instagram back in June is from the same day she filmed Arcadia! If you look closely, she’s wearing the same jewelry (both necklace and rings), the same sweater (you can tell by the ribbed texture), the same nail style, and her hair is styled the same way!

CE4-DBC37-57-C2-4-A59-B686-FA247-F6-ED2-C2
 


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

before 4:17 - the good

after 4:17 - the bad and the ugly (with trap beats)

herself and the music

 

the melody played at the interlude is from the soundtrack of the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (titled "The Trio" like the interlude)

 

just my thoughts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elle said:

I don’t think anyone has pointed it out yet, but I think this photo Lana posted on Instagram back in June is from the same day she filmed Arcadia! If you look closely, she’s wearing the same jewelry (both necklace and rings), the same sweater (you can tell by the ribbed texture), the same nail style, and her hair is styled the same way!

CE4-DBC37-57-C2-4-A59-B686-FA247-F6-ED2-C2
 

And that was the same day she posted the 'good god' mirror selfie of her in the hotel room where she filmed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mrs Puff said:

Is homegirl actually 5'8 or did she just need something to rhyme with hate

 

I thought she was 5'6 this whole time :oprah2:


i think she is in fact 5’8’’ aka a whole half foot taller than my short ass


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yayo6408 said:

before 4:17 - the good

after 4:17 - the bad and the ugly (with trap beats)

herself and the music

 

the melody played at the interlude is from the soundtrack of the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (titled "The Trio" like the interlude)

 

just my thoughts

 

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" can also be found in the three verses:

verse 1 - the good: she describes the relationship of her body with L.A. and remembers her lover

verse 2 - the bad: she has doubts about herself, can't stay in L.A., speaks of her hate

outro - the ugly: she feels trashed and is desperate, everything went wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...