Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, Miss doing nothing said:

Until the next day she reveals in an interview that that interlude is the direction the next album is taking :defeated:

i was just thinking the same thing!!!! 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

Arcadia is my least favorite song out of the three singles + Dealer + Thunder but to call it not particularly interesting production wise is… strange to say the least. The last time we were offered this richness in orchestration was back in Lust For Life. 

I want paradise level production, it definitely has more richness but it’s lacking something. It needs more instrumentation.  It needs strings or something more to lift it further.  I don’t like the minimal approach she’s been using lately.  

3 minutes ago, Miss doing nothing said:

Until the next day she reveals in an interview that that interlude is the direction the next album is taking :defeated:

That would be a dream, please god let this happen. When I heard the interlude I knew it was exactly what direction I wanted her to go in.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Now that we've heard a bit more of the album, I really understand why she picked Blue Banisters to be the title track. The song sounds like when it's just gotten done raining and the sky is dark grey, but you start to see the sun coming back out. It feels very representative of her life right now and I think it's beautiful 

imageproxy.jpg

I don’t think Interlude - The trio is the same as the outro on the video. I went to wikipedia to check the writers on each song and for the interlude it says that it’s Ennio Morricone, so it could be film score instrumental

lanaaaa run me over with your land rover :defeated: Arcadia is gorgeous, sounds like a musical in the chorus and then that Morricone outro… her mind :oprah:

the album covers are all so pretty, and she’s continuing the vehicle trend with a tractor lol  :D she totally missed out on having an airplane for COCC 

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I don’t think Interlude - The trio is the same as the outro on the video. I went to wikipedia to check the writers on each song and for the interlude it says that it’s Ennio Morricone, so it could be film score instrumental

the song is literally the same as the one he wrote, except it's got trap beats. that's the only thing different. it's definitely the same thing. look up Trio Ennio Morricone on YouTube, there's like a 9 minute version on YouTube

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

the outro is an Ennio Morricone sample 

14 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Now that we've heard a bit more of the album, I really understand why she picked Blue Banisters to be the title track. The song sounds like when it's just gotten done raining and the sky is dark grey, but you start to see the sun coming back out. It feels very representative of her life right now and I think it's beautiful 

i also think the imagery of the interiors of a house is quite important, like she's leading us upstairs to her bedroom, inviting the listener to understand her

mUENGN9.png

Do you guys think Cherry Blossom has a Honeymoon demo? SYTH, BPBP, WO have and of all the others unreleased songs she could have teased in that era (+ she must like it so much that she's releasing it now) she chose CB. Honestly, I'm manifesting. Imagine this song with similar production to God Knows I Tried and Terrence Loves You? Btw, I hope Black Bathing Suit is BBM Baby reworked... In My Black Bathing Suuit..  Middle of the Night.... Flying to Arcadia

Do we think the interlude in the video is all of it or just a part of it???

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

20 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think all the songs will be ballads apart from Thunder and Dealer, personally I’m bored stiff of piano ballads from her…this seems like an unpopular opinion here as most seem to really love the ballads.  Arcadia is very beautiful but it isn’t particularly interesting production wise.  Maybe an unpopular opinion again but I really wish she’d inject some trap into her albums again and songs with more fiery energy. 

Same sentiment here. Her ballads fall flat to me, ironic coming from me as my favorite album of hers is freaking Honeymoon, which the GP and many fans of hers consider to be a snooze fest. But HM is a journey and the slow songs have multiple instruments, vocal layers, etc. whereas songs like “let me love you like a sexy beautiful momma” is a piano tapping three keys with Lana singing 10 ft across the microphone :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

i love lana’s bops but long term i find myself connecting with the ballads more… for example i think arcadia is gonna be timeless for me just like cocc title track and nfr one is

Same here bestie. The bops give me a head rush when they’re first released, but over time is the ones I listen the least to.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

arcadia's a coachella where she steps back.
refs honeymoon cus she knows its not exactly fashionable to love her 
UV w the outro 
softness reminiscent of NFR 
going back to her roots of existence like cocc 
leavin LA n the fame that she sought in BTD n Paradise 

FUCK. BB'S TRULY GONNA BE LEGENDARY. 

she's probably over it but this makes me real sad about how her story is rn. 

she wanted true love couldn't exactly get it, seemingly personal to now not getting much acceptance from the gp. she's so ahead of her time.
watch the gp industry gods hash up a marketable doll version of her ideals and then serve it to everyone else too like it's all fresh. 
it's a cruel design. 

oHg1Urn.gif

UV/Honeymoon