Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Alright Story time:

So I couldnt resist because I was so undisciplined and weak before the tempt to play the song...

Spoiler

...D**ler, which was l**ked yesterday ?? and well, finally i am no longer D**ler virgin. I listened everything.

And what I have to say about D**ler is: I believe in a few years, people will come back to it and treat it differently from now, perhaps they will give it the respect & recognition it deserves, just like how they feel about "Off to the Races" back in the Born to Die era vs. Now.

Nonetheless, this song is so so so ahead of its time, is it her greatest artpiece / strongest songwriting/composing effort ever? Absolutely not. But there's something about this song makes it really special to have a place in her discography, like its meant to be. 

Andguess what? I don't even hate it, I'd love to save a little piece of heaven to keep this little baby in my Lana's library. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Alright Story time:

So I couldnt resist because I was so undisciplined and weak before the tempt to play the song...

Hide contents

...D**ler, which was l**ked yesterday ?? and well, finally i am no longer D**ler virgin. I listened everything.

And what I have to say about D**ler is: I believe in a few years, people will come back to it and treat it differently from now, perhaps they will give it the respect & recognition it deserves, just like the way "Off to the Races" does in the Born to Die era. 

Nonetheless, this song is so so so ahead of its time, is it her greatest artpiece / strongest songwriting/composing effort ever? Absolutely not. But there's something about this song makes it really special to have a place in her discography, like its meant to be. 

Andguess what? I don't even hate it, I'd love to save a little piece of heaven to keep it in my Lana's library.

it's in the same league as is this happiness / flipside to me

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Alright Story time:

Hide contents

And what I have to say about D**ler is: I believe in a few years, people will come back to it and treat it differently from now, perhaps they will give it the respect & recognition it deserves, just like how they feel about "Off to the Races" back in the Born to Die era vs. Now.

Andguess what? I don't even hate it, I'd love to save a little piece of heaven to keep it in my Lana's library.

Ppl didn't like Off to the races at first???:whoopi:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Spoiler

Listening to Dealer during a thunderstorm is like listening to it for the first time again :trisha: I already liked it when I first heard it, but it is such a grower 

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Same sentiment here. Her ballads fall flat to me, ironic coming from me as my favorite album of hers is freaking Honeymoon, which the GP and many fans of hers consider to be a snooze fest. But HM is a journey and the slow songs have multiple instruments, vocal layers, etc. whereas songs like “let me love you like a sexy beautiful momma” is a piano tapping three keys with Lana singing 10 ft across the microphone :oprah3:

Honeymoon is definitely better, much more interesting production wise and lyrics, layering and better at creating an atmosphere .. Also the imagery for that album was amazing. I started to feel a little bored with the COCC ballads, now I’m really tired off them on BB. But I appreciate Lana can do what she wants and I just know she will have more albums where she will again shake things up with more production and different sounds. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

14 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

How long after the tracklist reveal, did the credits for Chemtrails appear? Was it in the same week?

I believe so? As soon as they go live on Apple Music usually.

8V7Yvel.png

4 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Ppl didn't like Off to the races at first???:whoopi:

gurl, back in 2012 days' mindset, when the e-girls who influenced by indie/alt/tumblr culture hadn't even existed, all the "sugar daddy" wasnt even a huge thing in pop culture,  the gp definitely shit on Off to the Races so bad it hurts.

That song was also one of the main reasons that Born to Die got mixed reviews by critics due to being "too controversial" & our sis was madly misunderstood.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

loving the remasters of the 3 singles on spotify, they sound so much better 

they remastered????

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

gurl, back in 2012 days' mindset, when the e-girls who influenced by indie/alt/tumblr culture hadn't even existed, all the "sugar daddy" wasnt even a huge thing in pop culture,  the gp definitely shit on Off to the Races so bad it hurts.

That song was also one of the main reasons that Born to Die got mixed reviews by critics due to being "too controversial" & our sis was madly misunderstood.

Wow. Thank you for that insight, I didn't start stanning until UV so I missed all that. But its no wonder she's at the point now where she's like "fuck yall". It's been a long time comin

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: