Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I was a little disappointed at first listening, but after giving it a second listen with good headphones I have to say Arcadia is absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing. I just miss her old, more upbeat stuff a la Brooklyn Baby or Art Deco. 

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Chuck posting in her stories that she cries every time she hers their song has now me super curious for Sweet Carolina ?

@lustforlife said it's really good and as good as "hope" so we'll see

I was not hyped until Arcadia and now I can't stop listening to it and thinking about the album. And I don't know why but the outro verse makes me cry, you can really feel her there

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

1 hour ago, itsvenicebitch said:

i agree on most parts but he isn’t exactly minding his own business…he also seems to have misconstrued the attention he’s getting from Lana’s fans as genuine interest in him/his music when it’s really the fans trying to get a notice of some sort for bs clout

He’s just trying to seem unbothered. which is an ok response, he’s not being mean or rude he’s being completely neutral/even nice. Idk why he’s getting hate for literally being nice. But whatever 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

He’s just trying to seem unbothered. which is an ok response, he’s not being mean or rude he’s being completely neutral/even nice. Idk why he’s getting hate for literally being nice. But whatever 

only reason I have bitterness is those tweets he deleted - they were not it :brows3:

OMG BARRIE POSTED

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Black Bathing Suit is one of my claimed tracks who are unreleased. If this serve sexy, sultry and dreamy production with trap beat, snaps and whispery-singing vocals I'll be in fuckin' heaven

12 hours ago, Bones Are Blue said:

- Living Legend

- Thunder

- Cherry Blossom (Demo/Take 1)

- Cherry Blossom (Demo/Take 2)

I'm guessing you mean demos of album tracks, what's the fifth one? :creep:

I didn't even count the second take of Cherry Blossom. We also have :

• Dealer (I guess the version that leaked is a demo)
  • Nectar of the gods (that's the song we knew as Wild On You / Color Blue)

So if I'm right and we count both takes of CB, we actually have 6 of them

12 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe somebody should leak lmlylaw demo so we have a demo from every album :oopna: 

I'm so here for it. The Ultraviolence version. The way she's still including leftovers from this albums sessions and stuff is still good. This is one of her golden era. 

We know the barrie co-penned tracks are old but do you think they might meet again and make more art together ?

Barrie have always been there in Lana's music even after the breakup. I mean at least Black Beauty, Best Aemerican Record and Yosemite are about him. 

4 minutes ago, saith said:

We know the barrie co-penned tracks are old

Do we actually know that for sure? I think BoZ assumed that this was an old song because of the credits, but weren't there rumors Barrie and Lana having a recording session earlier this year?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 hours ago, Mrs Puff said:

Also in the streaming version there's some sort of bass that almost sounds like a man humming in the first verse when she says "angel" "halo" "heyo" and "lets go" and its Lowkey bothering me :bebe:

I think this is cello. Strings can sometimes sound like human voice. I personally love it.

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Do we actually know that for sure? I think BoZ assumed that this was an old song because of the credits, but weren't there rumors Barrie and Lana having a recording session earlier this year?

Didn't know about that session. I though Boz knew for sure they were old. 

EDIT Though according to lanapedia If You Lie Down was written for Ultaviolence (there's no source so I don't know how reliable this is). We know the other two are old as well so if it's ture there's nothing new on here

2 minutes ago, saith said:

Didn't know about that session. I though Boz knew for sure they were old. 

I don't wanna spread fake info, but I think I read people talking about it in the pre-pre-release thread?

And if I'm not wrong, BoZ just assumed it was an older song but was not sure about it

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm not sure about If You Lie Down with Me, but since the other two Barrie collabs are from 2013 I would assume that one is too. 

I never saw anything about them having a 2021 session, where did you guys read about that? :O

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

43 minutes ago, ModernBohemian said:

I was not hyped until Arcadia and now I can't stop listening to it and thinking about the album. And I don't know why but the outro verse makes me cry, you can really feel her there

So true :flutter: There is a very « strength in vulnerability » feeling with this album so far. I love it. 

38 minutes ago, saith said:

We know the barrie co-penned tracks are old but do you think they might meet again and make more art together ?

Barrie have always been there in Lana's music even after the breakup. I mean at least Black Beauty, Best Aemerican Record and Yosemite are about him. 

Tbh I still believe that artistically Barrie and Lana are great match . I can't wait to listen to the new track it sounds really promising and I would love to see them work together in the future ( if they are in good terms ofc ) . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆