Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

48 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

From Barrie 

Omg Barrie :crying4: I feel like he’s all our ex as well, so happy for them to have a good relationship after everything :crying5:

3 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Tbh I still believe that artistically Barrie and Lana are great match . I can't wait to listen to the new track it sounds really promising and I would love to see them work together in the future ( if they are in good terms ofc ) . 

You just reminded me of the utterly beautiful and heartbreaking “Riverside”, I don’t think we’ll ever be ready for this new song :suicide:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

The way Barrie worded his post makes me think that they might have had recent studio sessions together to redo the old songs. I don’t think he would’ve said that he worked on BB if he was talking about sessions from 8 years ago, because if it was the case, he wouldn’t have technically worked on BB. Lana choosing to include old unreleased songs he played instruments on doesn’t mean he really worked with her on the new album

edit: just to clarify, I know he said « collaborated » and not « worked », but that’s how I understood it, it’s the same for me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Spoiler

I’m pretty “tipsy” but I’m currently listening to Dealer and it’s definitely the way you’re meant to hear this song, I wanna spin in slow motion to it, but also (I Don’t Do Drugs feat. Ariana :runs:) this song would be magic high

3 minutes ago, yayoop said:

You just reminded me of the utterly beautiful and heartbreaking “Riverside”, I don’t think we’ll ever be ready for this new song :suicide:

One of my favorites, such a haunting song :xcry:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

barrie just liked a tweet of a reply saying "Really cool that you have worked with Lana again ??" so it's almost definitely new work :shock:

Omg. I'm so happy about this yet so sad. I just hope they're both happy ugh :crying4:

I hope Nectar of the Gods is a bit reworked in the chorus. I don’t necessarily like the “knew, knew, knew” and “Blue, blue blue” but that’s just me. like keep the same production and everything but just rework the lyrics like TNBAR

2 minutes ago, VeniceFag said:

I hope Nectar of the Gods is a bit reworked in the chorus. I don’t necessarily like the “knew, knew, knew” and “Blue, blue blue” but that’s just me. like keep the same production and everything but just rework the lyrics like TNBAR

:paris:

obviously i dont know the ins and outs of their relationship, but seeing where lana and barrie are at with each other currently is sweet. he follows her, and she posted a pic of him last night, and is releasing songs they wrote together and not hiding that :wub:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

2 minutes ago, VeniceFag said:

NOOO PLEASE I MEANT REWORK IT IN THE SAME WAY NOT THAT TNBAR WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE ?????

Im just thinking of all the times she's reworked lyrics, it's usually downgraded the song like Beautiful People and TNBAR. I can't think of one good example :defeated:

6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

WAIT the thing barrie shared on his story:

"She's an alchemist. She turns pain into magic"

:suicide:

the growth, the maturity

inspiring from them both

lana and barrie are making my heart melt :wub: its so inspiring to see them work together after all these years and do it graciously. i wonder if those pics on her ig that we thought were barrie actually were now that we know that theyve spent some time together. 

but anyway... i didnt come on here much yesterday because of the insane amount of users on, it was a bit overwhelming. but i read a lot of your posts and its so great that we all get to experience this together. Arcadia is one of my favorite ballads from lana its so beautiful, sassy, and sweet. and the interlude is just insane i cant wait to see what Black Bathing Suit sounds like. im so excited for this album. i was really doubting if i could still get into lanas music with the direction she was going but she 100% drew me back in. the music this era has the charm and magic her old stuff had but its more mature this time around. 

The way Blue Banisters is still so fresh and beautiful. She is still that girl! Just something very special about it to me. Preferences and opinions aside all the tracks released thus far have been so brilliant. So excited for the record to officially drop and the opportunity absorb it in full.

okay so… lana needs to dedicate an act of blue banisters tour to her scream vocals, such as dealer, million dollar man and then bring back her cover of heart shaped box :true:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

the music this era has the charm and magic her old stuff had but its more mature this time around. 

this!!! it's hard to explain what it is that actually changed from Chemtrails to here but this era is just very much alive. the charm and magic are back, like you said :wub:

Spoiler

still love COCC, so underrated 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I saw someone here or on Twitter mention that her fifth track have been mid tempo/up tempo bops (Diet Mountain Dew, West Coast, HBTB, Doin’ Time). Between the interlude and the fifth position of Black Bathing Suit, let’s hope!