Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Only the tractor one cause at least we'll be able to get the original variant whenever, @me praying the side profile cover is the UO album

I'm curious to hear the end product altogether and not just an iTunes album made of singles, leaks and demos -- we can only assume some details about the album, but like how some versions vary from vinyl to streaming, we'll never know for sure

Idk, I'm quite sure this album will be cohesive! The demos she added are definitely added as part of her story telling.

4 minutes ago, Lentilus Dealer Hoe said:

Idk, I'm quite sure this album will be cohesive! The demos she added are definitely added as part of her story telling.

I'm on the same page tbh! I just meant I've already been listening to a playlist of the song demos we have (Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Thunder, Dealer tbh) and I'm excited to see how they change! I can't imagine they'll be the same, and we'll only find out when the album is released!

I have total faith in Lana that this all makes sense and is for a reason, I have no doubts

I guess I just meant it'll be interesting to hear the differences since we've heard on albums before that there are differences in streaming songs as well as when they're played on vinyls, whether that's a result of Lana constantly changing her mind or something else, I'm just ready to hear it as an entire body of work tbh

Having an entire album playthrough is my favourite thing of an era, I'm happy to hear whatever songs individually first tbh, but hearing them played one after the other in an order that Lana designed them to be heard in is always the best

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

1 minute ago, yayoop said:

I'm on the same page tbh! I just meant I've already been listening to a playlist of the song demos we have (Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Thunder, Dealer tbh) and I'm excited to see how they change! I can't imagine they'll be the same, and we'll only find out when the album is released!

I have total faith in Lana that this all makes sense and is for a reason, I have no doubts

Period! 

And just for my own comfort and enjoyment of the album release, i deleted all those demos from my library! I need them fresh!

2 minutes ago, your dealer said:

um who heard the sweet carolina snippet......

King that's UFB

16 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

the “give ya all my money give ya all my money give ya all my MONAYYYY” snippet we had before the whole song leaked is 100% solo and there isnt a part in the full song she sings that specific part solo..... has me thinking :hooker:

:mj2: you're onto sumn here

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

no but fr, i am SO EXCITED that thunder and colour blue/nectar of the gods are going to be on the album. I adore them both and have wanted them officially released for SO LONG :krylie:

Spoiler

017386129fbc0284faefe60facc0277f9f3d6f67

Spoiler

With the ""is miles still on dealer" thing, I've been wondering if maybe she did rework it as a solo song but kept him on backing vocals?? Or even if she just took his vocals out all together. We really won't know for sure unless the full credits for the songs are out before the album, which is how we found out about Zella Day + Weyes Blood being on For Free and Nikki being on BUS. It is interesting that she mentioned who she worked on the song with/who produced it, but didn't mention that it was a duet (especially since it's originally from 2017. i'm not going to discount the existence of a final 2020 version :gurl:)

imageproxy.jpg

(This isn't a spoiler bc lana literally said herself she screams in the song, EVERYONE knows this)

Anyway

The more i.listen to dealer the more it seems just a little bit iconic to me :true: this screaming thing she's doin....alot of ppl should be scared. ALOT of ppl should be scared, and I'll name them. Bc there will be countless singers trying to hop on this wave now. It sounds like a song one of the greats would have made back in the day. 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

(This isn't a spoiler bc lana literally said herself she screams in the song, EVERYONE knows this)

Anyway

The more i.listen to dealer the more it seems just a little bit iconic to me :true: this screaming thing she's doin....alot of ppl should be scared. ALOT of ppl should be scared, and I'll name them. Bc there will be countless singers trying to hop on this wave now. It sounds like a song one of the greats would have made back in the day. 

instant classic indeed :icant: 

WAIT THE VIDEO AND THE STREAMING VERSIONS ARE SO DIFFERENT, mainly the instrumental part between the chorus and the second verse, the video doesn't have the added strings

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

I haven't had the time to check, honestly. But I'll give it a shot later! 

What I did notice, it's that they're slightly different (the first time I watched the video) the video version sounds like the teaser Lana shared two months ago. My guess is, that they decided to remaster the song (or work on it a little more) after the video was made, and that's why they sound different? 

Okok thank you :D I'll wait patiently