Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

If we get one more single from the album before the release:

1. What song do you think it will be?

2. What song do you want it to be?

Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive either

1. Idk if she’ll release another one and if she doesn’t release 2. Then I am not interested and can wait until the 22nd

2. The next one in the tracklist.. I guess Bikini idk what? Tbh I am not paying much attention to “what the next bop is” or how unexpected is the next thing etc… This said the narrative of this album is making this album truly feel like her best. If we take into account what she has said, the things she’s done, and the way she is digging deep within the themes and relating her family/friendships/relationships and using it as a metaphor of her relationship with America, we’re (or at least I am) in for her absolute best album.

idek how this woman’s doing it (I guess that’s what you TRULY call personal growth) but having the first 3 songs tell a story and then jump into wildflower wildfire really makes me VERY curious to fill in the gaps that are going to reveal the entire chronology makes the next song after the first tree (not including the interlude) the most sense as a single. 

I am AMAZED at how classily she has addressed QFTC so far with this music. 

EDIT: Also as a rookie fan, I am IN AWE with Lana’s ability to not dull out. I am one of those who really appreciates COCC from the first moment it l-worded and really set pace for this coming music. I believe Lana does and puts thought into further than what most of this fanbase says she does. After all we’re talking here about someone who studied some philosophy and metaphysics, and who is in constant search for answers and clarity. Our truly misunderstood genius. 

7 minutes ago, GetFree said:

It’s really not our fault, Nikki was the beginning of Lana becoming a yeehaw Oklahoma girl and venturing into country undertones. BUS is not a highlight of COCC and her constant posts with Nikki Lane are a fair fear. Also, not counting that they allegedly have a joint twang album and Lana name dropped her on BB song. There is understandable fear of Nikki Lane making Lana put country songs on BB…

I respectfully disagree! I don’t think anyone, truthfully, is responsible for Lana’s choice to venture into a genre - she is quite clear about how she does things on her own whim and we’ve known that for years. I think she just likes to make music that she feels like making and that is facilitated by the people around her. But I understand that not everyone likes that sound and that’s okay!!! Just my two cents! :) 

I honestly don't mind Nikki Lane, but I find the trauma surrounding her on this site to be fucking hilarious. 

Can we keep it all the way real? Lana loves to randomly hype and then completely drop some of her musician friends, so I wasn't expecting Nikki to stay around this long. :lmao:

I've honestly never understood the genuine hatred for Nikki. Like sure, BUS isn't my favorite Lana song ever by a long shot, but it wouldn't be even if it was a solo Lana song. And I don't think it's fair to act like Lana never had an interest in country before she met Nikki (have you heard how she pronounces certain words in some of her acoustic demos? Looking @ you Elvis). Nikki seems nice enough and if Lana enjoys her company, that's all that matters to me. I think some people on here are just very anti-country, so they don't like Nikki.

imageproxy.jpg

29 minutes ago, Thunder said:

If we get one more single from the album before the release:

1. What song do you think it will be?

2. What song do you want it to be?

Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive either

i think thunder would be smart from a business perspective n generate some good hype :beyonce:

mUENGN9.png

I don't hate Nikki. It'd be stupid to, she hasn't done anything :toofunny: if anything, it's Lana's fault for being too easily influenced by the people around her. 

Nikki is actually a good musician, like her songs are actually great! I just don't think Breaking Up Slowly was good enough for me to love the collab (and I generally dislike collabs entirely, no matter who) 

We'd have to see if their album is any good. I think it should have more of Nikki's type of production as it's richer than this stripped down one Lana seems to do nowadays :peace2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

Pls . Did BOz give out any more updates.

Like backing vocals or features?

I have an exam tomorrow so I wont be able to go through all the pages...pls someone :(

I think someone mentioned Nikki Lane is on Cherry Blossom bestie

Spoiler

:ma:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Justice for Nikki Lane. BUS is a critical moment on COCC and I'm genuinely excited to hear the music she and Lana come up with together in the future. I don't think she's going to be on this album though.

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Pls . Did BOz give out any more updates.

Like backing vocals or features?

I have an exam tomorrow so I wont be able to go through all the pages...pls someone :(

i think boz said that dan heath worked on living legend (and added that it's "unusual" bc it's diff from dan's usual cinematic instrumentation :wat:) but no other news rly. all the best tomorrow <3 

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, GetFree said:

I think someone mentioned Nikki Lane is on Cherry Blossom bestie

Hide contents

:ma:

What..rly..??? or u trolling?

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i think boz said that dan heath worked on living legend but no other news rly. all the best tomorrow <3 

Ooooh. Nicee. Thank you ❤

Just 1 question .I  saw that he spilt about thunder being an highlight..

1. Did someone discover CB has Nikki backing vocals? Or any other songs other backing vocalists ?

Thank you !

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What..rly..??? or u trolling?

Ooooh. Nicee. Thank you ❤

Just 1 question .I  saw that he spilt about thunder being an highlight..

1. Did someone discover CB has Nikki backing vocals? Or any other songs other backing vocalists ?

Thank you !

the nikki lane on CB rumour is just banter :bebe: 

mUENGN9.png

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

guys nikki is not on CB :rollin:it was a joke

methinks some of you do not understand sarcasm in the slightest!!! love u tho Ɛ> i like the entertainment 

I would know, I started the rumor :hillary:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America