Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, Style said:

i’m still not over how perfect this album is shaping up to be. the covers, the songs, the video…… :cryney2:

The struggle is real :lange:

41 days 11 hours 3 minutes and 1 second to the end of our lives as we know them :raven:

I love how she articulates words during the second verse of Arcadia. It sounds so sweet and fragile.. and also that facial expression, hands that are close face.. almost like she wants to be held by someone. Im tearing up every time I hear/watch that part.  And all of you who say that MV is bad go wash your eyes with H2SO4. Thank you. :sadcore2:

I just realised we are getting both the screaming on Dealer and the vocal guitar solo from Living Legend on the same album. Do you think we'll get other vocal suprises on the album ? 

21 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Im just thinking of all the times she's reworked lyrics, it's usually downgraded the song like Beautiful People and TNBAR. I can't think of one good example :defeated:

I agree about The Next Best American Record, I was very disappointed by the new version. I would have preferred a new instrumental that would be more fitting to NFR and no change of lyrics. In contrary, I personally I love how she turned her pain from the original Beautiful People into hopefullness in the final one. 

2 hours ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

so we get 2 albums in one year, probably gonna be years until the next one ?

I wouldn’t bet on that with her. There are some scrapped songs from this sessions the previous, she has worked again with Mike (or is supposed to), she has recorded covers… If she did take two years for her next album, it would be very standard, but let’s not forget the second audiobook and petty book coming out probably in 2022. 

27 minutes ago, Style said:

i love how much she loves that picture :wub:

you better because we are gonna have it for the next 10 years and 5 albums

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

Reliable insiders are confirming that the album after this one will be called Honeymoon :crying: everybody move!!

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

5 hours ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I'm gonna admit. I'm kinda worried that last year might have done some irreversible damage. When arcadia came out yesterday she barely trended at all. I think the topic peaked at #25 on the Twitter trend chart. Now, the video seems to be doing well. But no one is *talking* about it outside of review sites. Is it due to the type of song(another ballad)? Or again, does this go back to last year's events. Idk. Maybe I'm over thinking 

I mean, that may make sense if Chemtrails wasn’t her best reviewed album of her career and a chart success. Wasn’t it her 5th number 1 album in the Uk tied with Celine Dion? This was all after the events of last year.

Arcadia isn’t really a high buzz track surely? It’s slow, it’s very much what we have seen from her before, the video is basic (though i like it). It will reach the audience that knows she’s doing music but aside from that i can’t imagine it will have cross over appeal.

The song is getting good reviews and the album will no doubt do well.

She’s into a 10 year career very soon, she won’t exactly be catching the same hype she used to. She’s not too far from turning 40 too! She’s 37 next year, she’s not really on younger audiences lips nowadays, they have that Olivera Domingo or whatever it’s called person now.

Lana is an album artist pretty much, with the occasional video/song “taking off”. It’s how most long term careers go pretty much. I wouldn’t invest too much worry into it.

10 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

I mean, that may make sense if Chemtrails wasn’t her best reviewed album of her career and a chart success. Wasn’t it her 5th number 1 album in the Uk tied with Celine Dion? This was all after the events of last year.

Arcadia isn’t really a high buzz track surely? It’s slow, it’s very much what we have seen from her before, the video is basic (though i like it). It will reach the audience that knows she’s doing music but aside from that i can’t imagine it will have cross over appeal.

She’s into a 10 year career very soon, she won’t exactly be catching the same hype she used to. She’s not too far from turning 40 too! She’s 37 next year, she’s not really on younger audiences lips nowadays, they have that Olivera Domingo or whatever it’s called person now.

Lana is an album artist pretty much, with the occasional video/song “taking off”. It’s how most long term careers go pretty much. I wouldn’t invest too much worry into it.

Not Olivera Domingo :eartha:

Anyway, pretty much all of this + COCC was released just 5/6 months ago... it's not like she took a 4 years hiatus and just dropped her come back single!

She's releasing music non-stop since last october (LMLYLAW, Summertime Gerswhin Version, COCC single + album, BB, TB and WW) doing literally 0 promo, the lack of hype from the gp is quite predictable :eartha2:

Lanarat.png

4 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

it might be a little bit off topic but GUYS, i tried listening the pre-save 4 tracks "Blue Banisters" with "Wild One" & "Fine China" and they're blended SO WELL - as if they all were meant to be in the same project together!!! :crying:

just can't understand why she didn't include Fine China, it would fit perfectly with other songs and all that "telling my own story" shit

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Isn't it amazing when someone puts actual effort into an era? It makes a lot of difference. It's clear that she's not willing to play the industry game by any means anymore and it's admirable she's sticking to that attitude (as opposed to someone like Lorde who sings about hating California and wanting to be in the wilderness and yet she's in every talk show, doing magazine covers, doing a week-run of performances for James fucking Corden, etc - maybe to compensate the lack of quality of her latest output?). However, she changed the profile pictures of every social media account, put out a music video with an actual concept, did an amazing photoshoot with Neil to complement the album aesthetically speakinh and further expand the universe of Blue Banisters... like, this is the Lana we fell in love with: someone who's passionate about her work and shares it with the world with confidence and attention to detail.

Makes me wonder what went wrong with Chemtrails for her. It's clear she wanted to release it earlier but maybe the delays due to the pandemic made her lose sight of her vision halfway through... hence the lack of promotion and the apparent lack of interest as well.

IMG-7960.jpg

CoCC sold super well but I kinda suspect that was because NFR was such an acclaimed album. I doubt that CoCC created a lot of buzz for it's follow-up and although Lana seems to be MUCH more inspired again compared to NFR/CoCC, yet she still just threw 3 tracks out there without any promotion and Arcadia is a wonderful track but not really a strong single for the mainstream.

So yeah, it's not really very suprising there is no huge buzz about this outside the fandom. I could see BB as a critics-darling though

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

15 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

I'm not sure who this 'lana' person is that you're all talking about but I'm really excited for Olivera Domingo's new single :party:

9 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Not Olivera Domingo :eartha:

Olivia Rodego? You know what i mean, the one with the license song that my 15 year old neighbour keeps showing me vidoes of and i’m literally like “i’m too old for this shit” everytime.

Edit: Ok Olivia Rodriguez, i looked her up. 

7 minutes ago, lover said:

just can't understand why she didn't include Fine China, it would fit perfectly with other songs and all that "telling my own story" shit

Wild One is also an amazing song I think, although it's more upbeat/boppy than the other Blue Banisters tracks we've heard so far. Would've been great if she included it.

It also fits the telling-her-story narrative because it was written about one of her ex-boyfriends from 2009 :legend:still manifesting that and Fine China as bonus tracks. 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

11 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Isn't it amazing when someone puts actual effort into an era? It makes a lot of difference. It's clear that she's not willing to play the industry game by any means anymore and it's admirable she's sticking to that attitude (as opposed to someone like Lorde who sings about hating California and wanting to be in the wilderness and yet she's in every talk show, doing magazine covers, doing a week-run of performances for James fucking Corden, etc - maybe to compensate the lack of quality of her latest output?). However, she changed the profile pictures of every social media account, put out a music video with an actual concept, did an amazing photoshoot with Neil to complement the album aesthetically speakinh and further expand the universe of Blue Banisters... like, this is the Lana we fell in love with: someone who's passionate about her work and shares it with the world with confidence and attention to detail.

this spill... 

Wy8jf2U.jpg