Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I think it’s quite beautiful and poignant how Lana starts the album off “looking for the father [she] wanted back” and at the end of the album, seems to have found him (and written a song with him!) 

Wait i'm crying at this  :oprah2::bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

and I think it's interesting how the one song where we get insight into her relationship with her mother, Wildflower Wildfire, is in the same section of the record as Cherry Blossom, a very maternal and nurturing song, and Living Legend.This is going to be the deepest look into Lana as a person and what has made her the person she is today. :oprah3:

You can't blacken the pages (her history) with Russian poetry and be happy....:hair:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

it might be a little bit off topic but GUYS, i tried listening the pre-save 4 tracks "Blue Banisters" with "Wild One" & "Fine China" and they're blended SO WELL - as if they all were meant to be in the same project together!!! :crying:

I actually think it's sort of funny how this whole thing played out because I organise my unreleased collection into multiple albums structured sonically, and on one of my unreleased albums I have a track run that goes Wild One, Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Fine China. Imagine if this actually had ended up happening for Blue Banisters! My tracklist got pretty close though as Blue Banisters has a run of Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, and Cherry Blossom, and I know at least Fine China was considered (don't remember about Wild One.) So, I predicted this pretty closely ages ago! Totally taking partial creds x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

35 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I can't make up my mind on this, but do y'all 

think Text Book works as an opening track? :oprah3:

I like it in the sense that it starts the album with a "faster" pace (at least in the chorus/post) and then the songs get calmer and calmer until suddenly changing with the interlude.

Then I hope The Trio opens a new and more lively direction in the middle part of the album that peaks with Thunder and then decreases again with the last 5 tracks of the record. You know like a rollercoaster (or the Sierra Madre :brows:)

giphy.gif

What i write is lowkey off-topic thing but I want duality revenge concept.:defeated:

BB is more peaceful, revenge more balanced and not allowing that anger and emotions outgrowning. 

LDR9 is totally angry, grief, she is not quiet, we are witness to BitchLana not fucking with anything.

Maybe I was onto somethin' with my "three act" theory....

In that post she said this record is about "what happened, what it was like, and where we are now." The three acts may not correspond to those three things exactly, but I do get a sense that the first act is about a search. A search whether it is for the father she wanted back, the man who promised her that he would come back to paint her banisters blue, or an escape to Arcadia. The second act, if I had to guess, would be songs firmly planted in the present. The final act, with songs such as Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, Wildflower Wildfire are more idealized/idyllic/maternal tracks that contrasts majorly from the first act, and the result of what she found from her search. 

Edit: she's not necessarily searching for the man in the title track, but the imagery of the flowers that were dry, the picture on the wall that shifts into very specific memories, reminds me of a digging up of the past

Besties there is a potential Thunder snippet on [REDACTED] which sounds a bit different, guitars more absent and stronger piano. idk anymore :trisha:

Also, do we think Blue Banisters is gonna serve Honeymoon and have a more upbeat middle of the album? The Interlude points to that :defeated:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Spoiler

The more I think about it the more 'Dealer' is giving me 'Money Power Glory' and 'The Blackest Day' vibes with a hint of the energy she put into her live renditions of 'Million Dollar Man'. It's fucking good. :excited:

I'm looking forward to comparing the themes in Text Book and Sweet Carolina. I always love seeing where the album starts and where it ends. And I know it was already mentioned, but the fact that she mentions looking for the father she wanted back in TB and then ends the album with a song co-written by Rob is just so sweet. This album feels like it's gonna be a journey through the past few years of Lana's life

imageproxy.jpg

Since she clearly looks very interested in this album, I’m hopeful there has to be another single with a music video. I wonder what could be?! 

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

I can't make up my mind on this, but do y'all 

think Text Book works as an opening track? :oprah3:

yes! I love the moody, sparse bass- really sounds like an opening chapter, an invitation into the album 

aOaIzH2.gif

I feel like BB is closing this arc of critical turbulence she's been caught in since NFR (both the initial good will she finally had and then losing much of it so soon after) and revisiting that similar turmoil at the beginning of her career with BTD, and I think she means very deliberately for this whole thing to be very profound and /final/ in a sense. Like, this is her processing her trauma of being Lana Del Rey, from start to end, from Video Games to Arcadia type of thing. 

So I would be very interested to see where she goes next. I think NFR-COCC-BB is comparable to her BTD-UV-HM run; an overarching era with some very distinct personal disposition that comes out in the content of each album, e.g. what she sings about and her style of storytelling, the imagery she uses etc. I expect the next album to be very very very different, perhaps less immediately intimate. 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

23 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Since she clearly looks very interested in this album, I’m hopeful there has to be another single with a music video. I wonder what could be?! 

I hope there's another video, but even if she really likes this record, I feel as if she's comfortable with this almost non-existent promotion + letting the music speak for itself kind of approach