Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

You can’t go from Arcadia to the interlude and go back to « slow-building ballads » again: what would be the point of the interlude then? 

Well, considering that the only thing that's blue during this era are our balls... :toofunny: not even the banisters in the cover are...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

If BBS is anything like LFL, then we have three options.

1) it's a political song.

2) it has a trap beat.

3) it features The Weeknd, Stevie Nicks, Sean Lennon, A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti all together + recorded through a sheet of paper for texture on the vocals :oprah3:

The only thing that gives me pause is that I'm not really expecting LFL-inspired trap elements from Erickson and Dawes who co-wrote the song. Trip hop, jazz, rock or even electronica (or perhaps a mixture of all these)? Definitely. 

25 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think she's dropping the "lana del rey" name, considering the fact that almost all of the people in her life call her that, i think she feels more like that's her name than lizzy/elizabeth

i think they meant the "end of lana del rey" more figuratively

Tea bestie. It's kinda like how when she orders coffee from Starbucks, you can see 'Lana' scribbled on the cup. Same with her birthday cakes, they all say 'Lana'. If anything I thought it would've made more sense for her to go by Elizabeth Grant for the publication of her poetry since it's not tied with her musical career or Interscope, but she still kept Lana 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

lying down

and the song describes her getting ready to bed :true: SOTY

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, BlueGreenGray said:

The only thing that gives me pause is that I'm not really expecting LFL-inspired trap elements from Erickson and Dawes who co-wrote the song. Trip hop, jazz, rock or even electronica (or perhaps a mixture of all these)? Definitely. 

Whatever it is, I bet it's a great song! :defeated:her tracks #5 are always amazing :excited:

29 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think she's dropping the "lana del rey" name, considering the fact that almost all of the people in her life call her that, i think she feels more like that's her name than lizzy/elizabeth

i think they meant the "end of lana del rey" more figuratively

Lizzy and the diamonds:hooker:

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe it's more like "freak" or "art deco"? they have trap beats/influence, yet they're more lush & regal 

Freak is probably Lana's sexiest song. I'm not sure what BBS is about, but if it's in the same vein as Freak... :grinds: My goodness!!!

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Freak is probably Lana's sexiest song. I'm not sure what BBS is about, but if it's in the same vein as Freak... :grinds: My goodness!!!

freak like me is seriously one of her best demos... if it's anything like that... we're in for a SERVE :cumming2: :grinds:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Whatever it is, I bet it's a great song! :defeated:her tracks #5 are always amazing :excited:

Haha true! And I agree with you. You can't put an interlude that leads to...nowhere. It's a build-up. 

@Surf Noir may be right though. If it does have trap elements it may be closer to something like Freak or Art Deco than Summer Bummer

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

I can't make up my mind on this, but do y'all 

think Text Book works as an opening track? :oprah3:

No. We're so used to have some magnificent intros always opening the albums. :cuteface: But maybe it'll probably make more sense as the opener once we have the album in full. :oprah3: I hope.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

So basically Arcadia is her last single ever released with Interscope? No wonder why she paired it with Video Games (her first single with Interscope) and wrote a sentimental caption on her insta post. I think that if Lana chooses to go to an indie label (or even start her own label), it would be good. She clearly has more music to get off her chest and this way she'll have even more artistic freedom that Interscope might not have allowed her to do (remember how she fought for UV until they caved?)

Girlboss energy :duck:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's the end of lana del rey because she will change her name back to sparkle jump rope queen :true:

actually, she'll change her name back to * ~ lana ray del mar ~ * and start off her true surf noir era :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Arcadia said:

So basically Arcadia is her last single ever released with Interscope? No wonder why she paired it with Video Games (her first single with Interscope) and wrote a sentimental caption on her insta post. I think that if Lana chooses to go to an indie label (or even start her own label), it would be good. She clearly has more music to get off her chest and this way she'll have even more artistic freedom that Interscope might not have allowed her to do (remember how she fought for UV until they caved?)

Girlboss energy :duck:

doesn't lana technically own a record label called "coney island hot dogs"? maybe i'm right about her return to surf noir 

:duck:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

She said: baby, u can call me May :crying2:

May Jailer comeback era 2022 :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

just login to say after driving night with dealer volume on max i have to say that:

Spoiler

DEALER IS DAT BITCH

AND

Spoiler

THATS ON FAKING PERIDOT

Spoiler

i said what i said:illumilana2:

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]