Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Hi all, I've retitled the American Standards & Classics announcement thread to be a Pre-Pre-Release Thread so you all can continue to discuss the cover album there, and this thread can continue to stay dedicated to Blue Banisters! I'll be moving any posts related to the cover album that were posted in here into the other thread so discussion of the separate works don't become jumbled together in our Blue Banisters thread. Thanks! x 

American Stands & Classics Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/now-playing/2021/09/10/1036056304/lana-del-rey-arcadia

Even NPR, after her epic fight with Ann Powers, can’t help but stan SOTY.

And NME (unsurprisingly) put it #1 on their Best New Tracks Spotify playlist.  BB is coming for NFR's wig. 

17 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

lana sampling lavender town would be a serve honestly

That's going to be my new witchy / ritual theme

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

interscope's vibes are off now that olivia rodrigo is w them :die: manifesting capitol so hard :die:

ew and sillie eilish too, Lana needs to evacuate 

40 minutes ago, Lustfordealer said:

If shes switching to capitol, she would be their most relevant artist so maybe she will get the best treatment n all of the promo:true:

Lana has access to anything she wants. She is extremely lucky to be supported by Interscope considering the way she behaves :lmao: 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

11 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

she behaves perfectly well? 

All of the following are actually reasons I lover her.... but she's not exactly easily manageable or concerned with being liked by the masses or easily palatable or all that cooperative or open when it comes to marketing her releases. She uses selfies as single art and she likes antagonising and fucking with people and picks fights with reviewers on twitter. :toofunny: She isn't forced to go on the promotional circuit like other artists and that's her choice and somewhat of a privilege. It's not like moving to another label would mean she would start appearing on late night shows. In fact I think the only reason Lana would move to another label is because they would relinquish even more control to her.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

12 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

she behaves perfectly well? considering she's a glamorous star

Interscope sure doesn’t have any problem with her going into the studio to record her next album, but she doesn’t tour that much and makes no TV appearances… I’m sure there are lots of going back and forth between her, Tap management and Interscope that happen behind closed doors. 

Honestly, after the 3 singles my expectations for the album were pretty low. But whew, she knocked it out of the park with Arcadia. One of her best releases in a hot minute. She still has that magic. There is hope after all :oprah:

21 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

All of the following are actually reasons I lover her.... but she's not exactly easily manageable or concerned with being liked by the masses or easily palatable or all that cooperative or open when it comes to marketing her releases. She uses selfies as single art and she likes antagonising and fucking with people and picks fights with reviewers on twitter. :toofunny: She isn't forced to go on the promotional circuit like other artists and that's her choice and somewhat of a privilege. It's not like moving to another label would mean she would start appearing on late night shows. In fact I think the only reason Lana would move to another label is because they would relinquish even more control to her.

They don't have to do any promo for her and she still gets #1's and 2's and breaks records with the amount of vinyl she sells. A label has to do nothing but let her record her music in peace - which is all she wants - and they make a huge profit from her. For all the reasons people think she's a nightmare to manage, I think she's any label's dream.

17 minutes ago, TextBook said:

(If she switches to Capitol, will Ben and Ed still be her managers?) 

yes, pretty sure. label and managers are two different things

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif