Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

ugh imagine if lana did another short film. i would love to see something tropico-esque that shows how she and her music have developed & grown that reflects more on her life now

7 minutes ago, misslizzy said:

ugh imagine if lana did another short film. i would love to see something tropico-esque that shows how she and her music have developed & grown that reflects more on her life now

i'm one of the few who think tropico is a mess (loved the bel air part tho) BUT after watching kacey musgraves album film i would love to see lana do something cool using a mix of her classic homemade footage and professional footage, i think she could do something fresh and interesting w the genre...esp if she went full eccentric a la the interview mag video.

aOaIzH2.gif

12 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I've got to do that sometime. usually I just look at them from the side shelf-wise, and then go about doin whatever i need to do, but seeing as to how each pre-release has just been a bit lengthier each time i'm gonna savor them cus it's like a physical rep of having been able to wait n all that it's gonna look so good on my shelf yesssss  evil-laugh.gif

She is our mom, but simultaneously we are her moms, pinnin up her work n bein so proud of her <3

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m sure there are lots of going back and forth between her, Tap management and Interscope that happen behind closed doors. 

I thought the same thing today and was just laughing at how wild some of those meetings must be. :lmao:

Why do I have a feeling that this album is going to emotionally destroy us? When she talked about bringing old collaborators, friends and family to write this album...putting old and new songs on it. It's like with this album she's curated everything that defines her. It feels like a farewell and an epilogue to this 10-year chapter. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I'm heartbroken but on the other hand I think she'll feel liberated. Social media can be insufferable and one's mental health should be their top priority. On the other hand, @Arcadia is right. It feels like she's forcing herself to smile. I really hope nothing bad has happened and this is just us overreacting but this video is slightly unsettling.

And I can't believe Blue Banisters & Arcadia are playing on Spotify as I'm writing this...

I think it’s interesting to note how she made a point to say that Blue Banisters is a “compilation of older songs and a few newer songs” - while that is true, as we know, the fact that she framed it like that within the context of the video seems important. I guess we’ll see why soon. 

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it’s interesting to note how she made a point to say that Blue Banisters is a “compilation of older songs and a few newer songs” - while that is true, as we know, the fact that she framed it like that within the context of the video seems important. I guess we’ll see why soon. 

That definitely caught my attention too, it could be nothing but the way she made it a point to mention that seemed weird 

we really can’t have one normal era huh, this was going so smoothly too :rip: 

14 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I could be wrong, but its possible she said that because she knows they were leaked and many people already have them but idk

The video did seem really out of nowhere though, like she was posting so much lately and seemed really happy about releasing Arcadia and the album and stuff, plus that tweet earlier today about the covers album didn't really give me the feeling she wanted to deactivate so I hope everything is okay :aw:

You know what? I bet this is her preparing herself before the album drops so she doesn't keep reading reviews that shit on her on Twitter and Insta and Facebook. I think she's trying to position herself in a way that she's able to just create what she wants without worrying or giving a fuck what critics think and her way of doing that is by deactivating. I bet she talked to Ed and Ben about it and they told her that would be the best idea because they're always going to have something to say no matter what album it is and what song she puts out, they're always going to say something. What happened this week? She dropped a single and video with an album preorder and I saw some reviews saying it's a bad song, blah blah blah, a lot of people really enjoyed it. What it's gonna come down to are the below areas I bolded/underlined. 

She literally said "I'm obviously continuing to make my spoken word albums and records and still write my short poetry books and that I'm still very present and I love what I do and I'm here for the music. And that I'm also just yknow, going on some different endeavors... The record, it's a compilation of a few older songs and some newer songs, some written by family and... there will probably always be more to come. I'm here making lots of records"

She's not going anywhere, just stepping away for a while so she can keep creating. Remember, she's working on the poetry book that was meant to come out back in March still and she's dropping BB and she's working on the covers album. I bet she's probably finally wanting to go to some classes about writing music for a musical. It seems like she's been really interested in going into other random things, like books and poetry and spoken word albums, and she was interested in doing something with Rick as far as a musical kinda theatre thing wasn't it? I can't remember. This seems like a new turn of a leaf that she's realizing she's only making things worse on herself by staying online. I'm really happy for her as much as I'll miss her. (Now, we just need to start looking for her secret accounts :godlaugh:)

you know what would be really fucking funny? if she deletes all her socials just to make an account here to talk to us about new stuff happening and communicate with the fans :lolliney: i know it won't happen but it would be cute. we know her team is very aware of LB so

edit: also wanted to add, THIS IS HER MOST PERSONAL RECORD TO DATE. THIS RECORD IS HER TELLING HER STORY. Her deactivating her socials before reviews drop MAKES TOTAL FUCKING SENSE. She won't want to hear what negativity people say

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

“Now English speakers often use Arcadia to designate a place of rustic innocence and simple, quiet pleasure. Arcadian can mean idyllically pastoral or idyllically innocent, simple, or untroubled."

I think Arcadia and its recent release signify something very significant for Lana as she enters this stage of her life — this cultivation of an Arcadia within herself due to a number of things that we can gather from the lyrics in the song. The choice to step away from social media seems to magnify that. 

24 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

edit: also wanted to add, THIS IS HER MOST PERSONAL RECORD TO DATE. THIS RECORD IS HER TELLING HER STORY. Her deactivating her socials before reviews drop MAKES TOTAL FUCKING SENSE. She won't want to hear what negativity people say

I love this. I think this is a really good point. She seems really close to this album, like she really loves it, so she might be extra sensitive about the reception it gets.

She always seems to make some sort of thank you announcement right after a new album drops, so I'm sure we'll hear more from her then, which would give her over a month off of social media. Plus today we got SO much good news. She's working on her covers album + more poetry. Mike Dean also confirmed a while back that there's more to come from their collaborations. In terms of much of the personal stuff we see from Lana, at least we have Rob and Chuck to keep us updated in the meantime!

is this her final interscope album? does anyone know what number of albums she's signed on with them for?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

imagine if the song Beautiful is a reference to Young And Beautiful in some way...? cause she's 36 now and might not feel as young, so now she's just "beautiful". don't get me wrong, 36 is very young still, just not "young enough" in a industry of debutantes (:oic2:) such as billie eilish, olivia rodrigo etc.  :judgingu3: