Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

6 minutes ago, annedelrey said:

someone knows what happened to BB MV?? :twirls:

According to Boz the teaser was just random footage probably for an album trailer. He also said that she was talking to directors for a proper MV for the song but I don't know if we'll ever have anything from that :icant:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, fantascination said:

y'all....wat if the interlude is the only song on the album that has trap/trip-hop influences and black bathing suits immediately goes back to piano ballads :illumarina: 

I would b devastated, but also that'd be fucking hilarious :thumb:

UNMANIFEST THAT *taking out cross and holy water*

2 hours ago, Fart Deco said:

The LFL erasure here  :mj:

Haha! For the record, I don’t consider LFL incohesive.

true, it’s her « clumsiest» album, but it’s a summer album (I don’t mind if a summer album is more diverse) and it was released in a fucked up period of my life, so for it to be « all over the place » really wasn’t an issue for me. Besides, the album flows pretty well considering how many changes it had. 
if the Interlude doesn’t lead to some beat on Black Bathing Suit, it’s going to sound weird I think. 

Well. 
I was just thinking… how shocking it will be to listen to this album now that she is “gone”?

Try to imagine it. 
October, 21.

It’s night.

Lana is missing from socials and lacks any other form of communication. We haven’t heard from her in a while. And we don’t know anything about her. 
There was just another single - hopefully Thunder or BBS - between the day she said goodbye to socials and now. 
We are so close to midnight.

(Not) ready to fully experience 1 hour of 15 beautiful Lana’s songs. 

And then it comes. Midnight. Spotify/Apple Music libraries add Blue Banisters to their catalogues.
And you click play. 
The initial deaf sound of Text Book starts to roar in your ears.
And that’s it, the begging of the end. 

You are alone in your room, it’s cold, everyone else is sleeping, it’s windy and perhaps it will also start raining. But nonetheless there’s only you. And Lana’s voice all around you and in your heart. 

Okay.
I can’t guys.
There’s something incredible special about this release. I can feel it. Generally Lana’s release days (nights) are the happiest and intense moments of my life. But this one… wow. I really don’t know how to cope with it. 

:bebe:

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Well. 
I was just thinking… how shocking it will be to listen to this album now that she is “gone”?

Try to imagine it. 
October, 21.

It’s night.

Lana is missing from socials and lacks any other form of communication. We haven’t heard from her in a while. And we don’t know anything about her. 
There was just another single - hopefully Thunder or BBS - between the day she said goodbye to socials and now. 

And then it comes. Midnight. Spotify/Apple Music libraries add Blue Banisters to their catalogues.
And you click play. 
The initial deaf sound of Text Book starts to roar in you ears.

You are alone in your room, it’s cold, everyone else is sleeping, it’s windy and perhaps it will also start raining. But nonetheless there’s only you. And Lana’s voice all around you and your heart. 

Okay.
I can’t guys.
There’s something incredible special about this release. I can feel it. Generally Lana’s release days (nights) are the happiest and intense moments of my life. But this one… wow. I really don’t know how to cope with it. 

That made me even sadder :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

This album isn’t even out yet but it’s too sad to listen to for me. Arcadia, text book, wildfire, and blue banisters are too hard to listen to now. I miss her. :( I can’t imagine listening to this album when it comes out  and she’s “gone.” I don’t know how to deal with this. 10 years of releases and this one feels so different. It feels like the end of an era but idk why bc she’s still putting stuff out. Sorry I’m just projecting my sadness and anxiety about this. I’m really flustered. :toofunny:

I haven’t really stopped thinking about her deactivating, and I’m sure that will actually positively affect my listening of the new songs in a contextual way because it almost enhances their true meaning.

Her social media withdrawal is the most visible outcome of the events she discusses in the songs that we, as fans, are privy to. I sound like a broken record, but I really feel for her and understand where she’s coming from — and I hope this decision brings her some peace and the personal accountability that she described in the video.

This is bittersweet for fans, undoubtedly, but I think this also marks the beginning of Lana going even deeper in the music and poetry. Because there’s no other way to be personable with her audience (as she was through IG), the music and poetry will now become that outlet and allow for some rawer, more authentic writing than ever before

and that’s okay - boundaries are a beautiful thing and I’m sure it’s great for her that she can take back control over her place as a famous person through only being accessible through the actual art she puts out (and nothing more).

51 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Also, I feel like Sweet Carolina will destroy me 

Oh god, think how "Get Free" ended with "out of the black, into the blue *followed by echoed beauty and seagulls"

Sweet Carolina will be like "happily ever after yallllll *followed by echoed giggles and Lana being like "wow this is it"*

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I'm sure this has already been discussed in detail so sorry if I missed it and I'm being redundant, but just wondering if people think her deactivation of her socials was sudden or if she was planning it after giving details about BB release? I mean I can see if it was something she wanted to do for a while giving album news, but it does seem a little random. She seemed to be far more active in posting about BB than she was with COCC, plus she was doing other stuff like that post of her passport/visa pics and the pic outside Capitol. Either way, I'm happy to see her stepping back to prioritize her personal life and her projects. I personally don't think an artist's social media is super important unless to announce projects/spread awareness for important causes. Selena's social's (apart from Tik Tok) are run by her assistant plus Lorde has still managed to stay relevant in her album cycle w/o any social media of her own. Even with Reputation,  Taylor did like zero promotion and it still managed to be one of her strongest and most distinctive eras. Plus I doubt Lana will deactivate her Honeymoon account which will always be a cool archive for fans to look back at. As always, the music is the most important part and I'm so looking forward to this album :)

1 hour ago, 5Rick said:

Well. 

Try to imagine it. 
October, 21.

It’s night.

And you click play. 

You are alone in your room, it’s cold, everyone else is sleeping, it’s windy and perhaps it will also start raining. But nonetheless there’s only you. And Lana’s voice all around you and in your heart. 

Okay.
I can’t guys.

Last time I couldn’t hold myself and listened to COCC leak (I spent +100€ on her). I don’t know what will happen this time. I’d like to resist and listen on my official local release time, but it will be hard. I’m far more excited for this album than COCC.

1 hour ago, 5Rick said:

Well. 

Try to imagine it. 
October, 21.

It’s night.

And you click play. 

Okay.
I can’t guys.

If something like this happen, it'll be the most emotional listening ever:bebe:

29 minutes ago, cruelestworld said:

I'm sure this has already been discussed in detail so sorry if I missed it and I'm being redundant, but just wondering if people think her deactivation of her socials was sudden or if she was planning it after giving details about BB release? I mean I can see if it was something she wanted to do for a while giving album news, but it does seem a little random. She seemed to be far more active in posting about BB than she was with COCC, plus she was doing other stuff like that post of her passport/visa pics and the pic outside Capitol. Either way, I'm happy to see her stepping back to prioritize her personal life and her projects. I personally don't think an artist's social media is super important unless to announce projects/spread awareness for important causes. Selena's social's (apart from Tik Tok) are run by her assistant plus Lorde has still managed to stay relevant in her album cycle w/o any social media of her own. Even with Reputation,  Taylor did like zero promotion and it still managed to be one of her strongest and most distinctive eras. Plus I doubt Lana will deactivate her Honeymoon account which will always be a cool archive for fans to look back at. As always, the music is the most important part and I'm so looking forward to this album :)

I only check artists’ Instagrams when they are close to release something. I really don’t care about their lives apart from music. But in general, people don’t.