Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

it’s ultraviolence right?

yup, seems like it! :squidward:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

i think lana should've chosen to drop social media after BB comes out. there must've been something that made her change so sudden.

it just feels like everyone's hype decreased a tiny bit and i feel the same. i'm still super excited for this album. i cant wait. but it's still sad knowing no news will really follow the release. i wish we'd get one more music video after. :crying2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I think that we will get a MV and some promo as well. She deactivated her social media, yes, but this doesn't mean that she's dropping the project. She said that she's here for the music so another MV/second single accompanying the release of the album will build buzz. And I think we can get a photoshoot as well as a couple of interviews as long as they focus on the album and its content. At least I hope there is a plan because she really seems genuinely proud of the record and the promotion has been unexpectedly strong. Hopefully her decision to lead a more quiet life away from social media will make people pay attention to the actual work. This is what Lana always wanted after all. 

The more I think about it, the more I feel that this has always been part of the plan. This is her revenge in a way: she's making her most personal album to date, deactivates her accounts as a "fuck you" to the media, and tells her story without filter or certain expectations. The way she dropped the three pre-singles; the way the Arcadia MV culminates into the iconic middle finger part. Everything makes sense now. And given the circumstances, the lyrics of the four officially released tracks become even more revealing - without losing their mystery! - and disturbing. I'm even more excited about the way she's constructed this album and the meaning behind every track.

the four singles are really, really good, and are completely devoid of the muffled, watered-down tone the songs Jack produced had, but to me, text book really stands out. it's actually such a serene song, it has this vibe of accepting exactly how sad one's own past was, the ways in which it shapes one's present, but such honesty leads to a hopeful, appeased outlook on things. it means healing thanks to some people you meet along the way, whom you can open up to, who will bring you the things you couldn't find yourself. the lyrics from the chorus, when she speaks of her family to her lover, although seemingly somewhat incoherent, break my heart everytime. the melody and production are gorgeous and fit the theme perfectly.

25 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I think that we will get a MV and some promo as well. She deactivated her social media, yes, but this doesn't mean that she's dropping the project. She said that she's here for the music so another MV/second single accompanying the release of the album will build buzz and enhance the "mystery" of Lana and her seemingly unexpected/sudden decision to deactivate her accounts. And I think we can get a photoshoot or two as well as a couple of interviews. I'm pretty sure Lana and her team will make sure that these interviews will focus on the album and its content. At least I hope there is a plan because she seemed genuinely proud of the record and the promotion was surprisingly strong. Hopefully her decision to lead a more quiet and hermetic life will make people pay attention to the actual work.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that this has always been part of the plan. This is her revenge in a way: she's making her most personal album to date, deactivates her accounts as a "fuck you" to the media, and tells her story without filter or certain expectations. The way she dropped the three pre-singles; the way the Arcadia MV culminates into the iconic middle finger part. Everything makes sense now. And given the circumstances, the lyrics of the four officially released tracks become even more revealing - without losing their mystery! - and disturbing. I'm even more excited about the way she's constructed this album and the meaning behind every track.

her mind, right? :oprah:

34 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I think that we will get a MV and some promo as well. She deactivated her social media, yes, but this doesn't mean that she's dropping the project. She said that she's here for the music so another MV/second single accompanying the release of the album will build buzz. And I think we can get a photoshoot as well as a couple of interviews as long as they focus on the album and its content. At least I hope there is a plan because she really seems genuinely proud of the record and the promotion has been unexpectedly strong. Hopefully her decision to lead a more quiet life away from social media will make people pay attention to the actual work. This is what Lana always wanted after all. 

I hope she comes back on Instagram and posts her comeback with that bomb ass interlude! 
Maybe she’s taking time off till the album release. ??‍♂️??

53 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i think lana should've chosen to drop social media after BB comes out. there must've been something that made her change so sudden.

it just feels like everyone's hype decreased a tiny bit and i feel the same. 

if anything, the deactivating increased my personal hype for future releases. hopefully no more badly worded rants, no false promises like inaccurate dates or getting angry because "she just ignores us while posting pictures of her LA friends" :teehee: now the news and the tiniest amount of contact will be even more special and more thought out

...although I do understand ur point, I would've appreciated her keeping shit active through this one release cycle :agree:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

1 hour ago, 13beachess said:

lol okay so I JUST learned Cherry Blossom is NOT a LFL outtake :oh: I have believed this since like forever.

mind blown

1 hour ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

it’s ultraviolence right?

It was written during the Ultraviolence era, yeah! :) the versions that we've heard were recorded in May 2013, to be more specific. More info on her wiki page

She posted a snippet of Cherry Blossom in 2016 as a throwback thing so I can understand the confusion about the era though:

It's so hot out today and all the birds are singing. I was reminded of a lullaby I wrote years ago called Cherry Blossom

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

The way this was thought and planned for a long time (me thinks).

Stepping out of social media right after releasing Arcadia (which talks exactly about that: the hate; the way media constructed a degenerative version of Lana that is not true to what she really is; the needing of leaving LA with the goal to live properly; Arcadia being this whole new utopian world where she’ll finally feel free) was always her plan.

She just said to us that this song was about the journey, the part of finding herself and it really is! 
I’m so sure Arcadia (the place she mention in that utopian way) is where she finally is now! 
Textbook and Wildflower Wildfire are obviously the way things were, her past!

This album is turning to be the most revealing and true to her soul piece of her discography.

Everything makes sense now. Arcadia is a metaphor for the life without fame she wanted for so long

0YnL0Kf.gif

What do we think the stand-out track of the songs we haven't heard yet is gonna be? I think If You Lie Down With me is gonna be an album highlight (same goes for Black Bathing Suit, song of the century :true:)

imageproxy.jpg

I'm pretty sure this has been said multiple times already, but I wonder if Black Bathing Suits is going to be a TIWMUG-style reflection on her wild teen years. I still see it being an edgier/darker song that's trap-influenced, since it follows the interlude, but I wonder if it'll also be somber and kind of sad in the way TIWMUG is. I've always connected to that song so hard and would love a continuation of those themes

i still can’t believe I’m going to hear the the harmonies of nectar of the gods OFFICALLY 

IM STILL SHOOK. And with all the rest of the album already sounding so fucking good, I know that even if she’s isn’t present in social media for a while we still have the music

Ahhhhj I’m excited for the future 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

22 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

What do we think the stand-out track of the songs we haven't heard yet is gonna be? I think If You Lie Down With me is gonna be an album highlight (same goes for Black Bathing Suit, song of the century :true:)

I think we're going to like Beautiful a lot more than we thought we would, because usually, there's one simple, very Lana-like title on every tracklist (for instance, California) that we overlook because it looks less interesting than, say, Dark But Just A Game, but it ends up being more loved

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I think we're going to like Beautiful a lot more than we thought we would, because usually, there's one simple, very Lana-like title on every tracklist (for instance, California) that we overlook because it looks less interesting than, say, Dark But Just A Game, but it ends up being more loved

i agree but dbjag is a BOP :dance:

40 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

She posted a snippet of Cherry Blossom in 2016 as a throwback thing so I can understand the confusion about the era though:

It's so hot out today and all the birds are singing. I was reminded of a lullaby I wrote years ago called Cherry Blossom

Well… now I’m soft. :(