Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 hours ago, Super Movie said:

What do we think the stand-out track of the songs we haven't heard yet is gonna be? I think If You Lie Down With me is gonna be an album highlight (same goes for Black Bathing Suit, song of the century :true:)

I adore the title Violets for Roses too! 

2 hours ago, fantascination said:

I'm pretty sure this has been said multiple times already, but I wonder if Black Bathing Suits is going to be a TIWMUG-style reflection on her wild teen years. I still see it being an edgier/darker song that's trap-influenced, since it follows the interlude, but I wonder if it'll also be somber and kind of sad in the way TIWMUG is. I've always connected to that song so hard and would love a continuation of those themes

What if Black Bathing Suit turns out to be White Dress' trippier, darker and edgier sister? :tommy:

I have a feeling that If You Lie Down With Me is a new song. Merely based on the fact that the song is separated from the rest of the Barrie songs/UV outtakes which are all placed at the end of the album right before Sweet Carolina. But I'd love a confirmation because the fact that Barrie and Lana may have written a brand new song together fills me with joy. 

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Can you randomly predict Serene Queen for LDR10 thanks x

the problem is we don't know what is the next album - is it the MIKE DEAN collab or the covers one or some random shit idk :icant:

5 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

important question- do we think she's going to do real photoshoots and magazine interviews this era to promote BB or just pull a COCC and use screenshots and selfies

we will have to wait and see lmao

6 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

important question- do we think she's going to do real photoshoots and magazine interviews this era to promote BB or just pull a COCC and use screenshots and selfies

I doubt there will even be screenshots and selfies 

there’s not going to be anything else other than the release :rip: 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

just realised she broke the pattern of the 121212 title track placement :toofunny: 

also this is the first album where the opening track doesn't have an instrumentation before she sings, it's just her voice to open the record 

The second song is the title track…

IMG-7960.jpg

I don’t know. I don’t think that the idea of wanting to have more privacy is compatible with photoshoots and interviews :thumb3:

Perhaps it will be just the music this time around… and we are fine with that as long she is fine with that :wub:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

just realised she broke the pattern of the 121212 title track placement :toofunny: 

also this is the first album where the opening track doesn't have an instrumentation before she sings, it's just her voice to open the record 

Well, the beginning of TB stil has that weird deaf sound, so… :hair:

11 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

The second song is the title track…

correct, but the second song was also the title track on cocc, she normally bounces between it being the first or second track

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Lustfordealer said:

her deactivating killed my whole hype for this album idk

Same

not that I even care about her Instagram, but it’s just hard to imagine anything else exciting happening with this now (videos, performances, magazines, TOURS, etc) so there’s a lot less to anticipate and less surprises to look forward to

Obviously I’ll (hopefully) enjoy the record but it’s just like…

2 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

How is she “gonna use” that BB fan edit she liked :stareney:

My thought was that the fan edit was gonna be what she used for promo like how she used that one selfie for Chemtrails promo right after the album came out 

imageproxy.jpg

Soooooo when are we gonna start playing the game of Guessing how long the tracks will be?

We know Text Book is the longest so that's a hint already. Maybe there'll still be a song that's like 5 minutes long.

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier version of Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

59 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

lust for life is lazy..? thats when i stopped reading

1 minute ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

There is literally nothing lazy about the four emotionally revealing masterpieces she's released so far so I'm not too worried about that. :awk: