Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

7 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

What… we’ve literally been knew it was like half old songs

Also? I don’t love lfl either but how is it lazy? if anything it’s the opposite :crai:she kept on changing things over and over until it was less cohesive  

absolutely nothing about the four singles so far are “old lana” so… idk where you were trying to go with that one

7 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

It's not unusual for an artist to rework songs they previously didn't use (and it's not Lana's fault that hers leaked). Most artists do that. And except for 1 or 2, said songs have been reworked entirely for this album. Just stop being so bitter over the fact that Lana isn't working with Jack on this album 

(also cannot believe I just had to read the words "lust for life" and "lazy" in the same sentence with my own two eyes) 

imageproxy.jpg

"I'm leavin' them as I was, five foot eight
Western bound, plus the hate that they gave
By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America"

is this not some of her best lyrics of all time

Damn ladies, it’s not like she was a social media butterfly ? the music (and second album this year, possibly of three), which got us here in the first place, is just around the corner, as is even more music for likely years to come. I say let the artist who feeds us do whatever she needs to do to keep doing just that.

I’m a little late to the party (been pretty sick), but I’m honestly glad Lana is taking a break from social media even if it means our Blue Banisters news is limited. Without going into details, the words following “Lana Del Rey” when typed into things like Twitter are downright awful, and it’s disappointing seeing how normalized things like bodyshaming are. I probably would have deactivated long before this if I were her

I could be wrong, but insiders seem to have known when Lana will post Blue Banisters updates beforehand, and I think this may have something to do with accessing her data on apps like Instagram. 

Related to the new record coming out, I think it will only add to the element of surprise! I think it will make the Blue Banisters era (and consequent eras) all the more special, and it will definitely keep us on our toes as potential music videos roll out! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

37 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier version of Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

3lMq.gif

58 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Could an insider reveal the track lengths (even approximate ones) or is it against insider Geneva conventions?

I remember Boz saying something like this: "Text Book is most probably the longest track" which seems to indicate that there may be one or two other 5-minute songs on the album. But with the overall length being over 60 minutes and the interlude - assuming what we heard at the end of the Arcadia MV was the entire track - being so short, I suppose the remaining tracks will all be over 4 minutes. But we need some hot tea. Someone should leak the credits of the songs btw. I need to know all the instruments and producers. :fabcat:

I'm not a big fan of Lust for Life but that album was far from lazy lol. There is nothing remotely lazy about the four officially released tracks which showcase incredible sophistication, maturity and inventiveness vocally, sonically and lyrically. She's also experimenting with tracks such as The Trio and Dealer. She also seems to have a very clear idea about the way she wants to tell her story with this particular compilation. The album may not be cohesive or work at all but until we get reviews and - most importantly - have the chance to listen to the album ourselves I suggest that you

Spoiler

alyssa-edwards-bitch-sit-your-ass-down-a

54 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier version of Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

ok get to bed grandma. :peace:

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

Same

not that I even care about her Instagram, but it’s just hard to imagine anything else exciting happening with this now (videos, performances, magazines, TOURS, etc) so there’s a lot less to anticipate and less surprises to look forward to

Obviously I’ll (hopefully) enjoy the record but it’s just like…

there's COVID-19 still. a tour is not happening.

1 hour ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Lust for Life, lazy? gtfoh

giphy.gif

Lana fans are so annoying sometimes. Artists reuse and repurpose old songs all the time. You'd just never know because unlike with Lana, you don't get to hear them. The sheer amount of unreleased material of Lana's we have is insane. All of which we were never supposed to hear in the first place. So I will never be mad at Lana for going back into her incredible unreleased catalog.

Also, it's clear she has intentionally chosen to include these tracks for the concept of the album - as detailed in that now gone IG post. Stop being ungrateful. Two standard albums and a spoken word album/poetry book in one year. This woman gives us more than literally any other artist. 

38 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

Damn ladies, it’s not like she was a social media butterfly ? the music (and second album this year, possibly of three), which got us here in the first place, is just around the corner, as is even more music for likely years to come. I say let the artist who feeds us do whatever she needs to do to keep doing just that.

can u just let us be dramatic in peace

ContentBasicHamster-size_restricted.gif

At first when I learned that there would be six unreleased songs on the album, I was a bit confused as for why she’d choose to include them over newer songs, but since it was confirmed that CB, Thunder and Living Legend  were gonna be on the album, I couldn’t be more excited for the album. Hearing them remastered and in HQ is gonna have me pass out!! The only unreleased I don’t really care for is Nectar, tbh I really hope she reworked it. But I totally understand why it’s a fan favourite

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Lana reactivating her sm when she reads your post like

UuLrFsY.jpg