Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

22 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Lmao. The title track of "Blue Banisters" alone STOMPS over most of Lust for Life.

delusions are running high today :thumb2:

I’m so curious about song lengths and the instruments in each song! That was one of the funnest parts of COTCC’s pre release 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Surf Noir said:

let's remember the fact that one of her best songs she's ever recorded, heroin, is a part of lust for life :oprah3:

Heroin, Cherry, Get Free, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Love, Change…like let’s not act like that album isn’t stacked with classics 

anyways blue banisters ahhh thunder is coming 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

On 9/13/2021 at 9:10 PM, Niko Dealergo said:

delusions are running high today :thumb2: 

tamra-judge-meme-thats-my-opinion

"You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy too" > "in your white mustang, white mustang, white mustang *whistles*" 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, Thunder said:

tamra-judge-meme-thats-my-opinion

"You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy too" > "in your white mustang, white mustang, white mustang *whistles*" 

please if you're gonna make a comparison to prove your point at least be fair 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

please if you're gonna make a comparison to prove your point at least be fair 

I don't have to be fair about anything, it's my opinion

What I said can still be applied to at least eight other songs on Lust for Life. Half the record. Which is what I said.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It very much pleases me to see everyone finally coming around on Lust For Life, I honestly feel like that was probably our last truly *huge* era. Sis was EVERYWHERE.  We had collabs with modern and classic artists, interviews and magazine shoots left and right, a TOUR +lollapalooza. High budget videos. Radio play. Omfg it was like crack and we were snorting up every last GRAIN. And Thunder is truly the exact type of song that Get Free and LFL (title track) made me crave. That sultry 60s bop with background vocals. UGH. But I digress. Counting down the days until she knocks me on my ass with Black Bathing Suit

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Heroin is my favorite song of all time and LFL is a top three Lana album for me. Plus BB isn't officially out yet so I can't compare the two fully. However, I do have a feeling that BB is gonna outdo LFL 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

It very much pleases me to see everyone finally coming around on Lust For Life, I honestly feel like that was probably our last truly *huge* era. Sis was EVERYWHERE.  We had collabs with modern and classic artists, interviews and magazine shoots left and right, a TOUR +lollapalooza. High budget videos. Radio play. Omfg it was like crack and we were snorting up every last GRAIN. And Thunder is truly the exact type of song that Get Free and LFL (title track) made me crave. That sultry 60s bop with background vocals. UGH. But I digress. Counting down the days until she knocks me on my ass with Black Bathing Suit

this, LFL is finally getting some recognition, it was an amazing era

I don't think it's going to happen on blue banisters but she has to use the wild caged animal verse again at some point, it's so beautiful and I think it fits with the whole theme of telling her story so well :trisha: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

BB will definitely be better than LFL.

Lust for Life is cute but the lack of cohesiveness is what makes it viewed as worse than her other albums...When I do listen to LFL I ever listen to the entire album; I always skip a few songs cuz they sometimes don’t fit the overall mood. It has great tracks like Heroin, Cherry, 13 Beaches, which are career highlights...but the simplicity of some of the songs (Groupie Love) and the production of others (Coachella) are some of the flaws of the album. Also the demos of LFL title track and Beautiful People are way better than the album versions:poordat:

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Lmao. The title track of "Blue Banisters" alone STOMPS over most of Lust for Life.

Absolutely no way, Heroin and Get Free make Blue Banisters look average 

5 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

LFL is like her 2nd worst record. Extroverted mess. Btw Cherry the most basic song ever made.:troll:

Nobody has taste here wtf 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

First of all: Honey, do you even know Lust for Life is a goddamn 1 hour 12 minutes holy experience with more than 4 tracks >= 5 mins length? - therefore one of her longest era to date!

Do you even know Lust for Life is her only era that she went out there and serve more music genres than any other eras - even the god-tier Honeymoon?

Do you have any idea how many sounds barrier & prejudice about her artistry that us stans & the gp always perceive she broke with this era?

Do you even aware this album can be considered as a pop, a trap/hiphop, an alternative, a folk album at the same time?

You saying she "throwing the bone to the fans who are craving for old Lana" makes no sense at all. Why is Lana using her own untouched/unused/unreleased material getting on your nerves that much when WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO HEAR OR ACKNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEIR EXISTENCE, how many times do i have to remind you people? Even if she was actually lazy, you can't take away the fact that she ACTUALLY wrote these - herself, recorded them and kept them as drafts, save them for the right time & until the right amount of inspiration kicks in - that's what anybody who wrote/compose their own stuff ALWAYS do. It's called 'unreleased' for a damn reason baby. 

I'm not an agressive person, mostly here for the news and the fun Lana jokes with the stans but i tolerate NO L4L SLANDER. Do not let me see ur dragging my baby like that. Lazy? maybe that's ur thoughts, how about  streaming Heroin to have your brain flying to the moon again?

nicki-minaj-ears.gif

this post is bitch holy :read::mariah:

UV/Honeymoon

I’m unpopular but I think the best song on Lust for Life is Tomorrow Never Came, Love, and Get Free

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

LFL demo >>>>>> than a lot of tracks, the title's also pretty catchy if u focus on the piano. it was the record that was coming out when I joined. lotsa memories. 

it's not that some don't love it, it's just that some are less excited about it, which is different. take the albums as they are n each of em has their own magic. 

can't really think much about the album atm, but im hoping that her managers at least make a post or something. i know we're just fans, but a lot of really are here n happy to see her stuff and her flourish, so hope we can give the record a proper welcome when it comes. 

also fuck, can something happen a little, like a leak, or a vinyl update from her store. i miss being chaotic ?

UV/Honeymoon

Sophie be real mad wtf loona where’s blue bonnets I need it now henny, jack antonoff ain’t no god either henny he’s just a about average motha so wind ur neck in 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds: