Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

listening to Chemtrails and then starting what we have it BB is actually great. they sound like they really should've been 2 disc sets and were meant to go together. textbook after Dance till We Die (bc we skip For Free) is perfect

I think there's a few songs on COCC that nobody really needed or listens to, which maybe could have been released as singles or a short EP instead (Breaking Up Slowly for example). On the other hand, there are really beautiful songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, TJF, Yosemite(!!!) which would be perfect as additional songs for a deluxe version of BB. Idk, I feel like especially these 4 songs really deserved better than this rushed "era"...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

18 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

listening to Chemtrails and then starting what we have it BB is actually great. they sound like they really should've been 2 disc sets and were meant to go together. textbook after Dance till We Die (bc we skip For Free) is perfect

In case Ben & Ed wanna pull off a 'Dula Peep' moment for Lana:

WHITE HOT FOREVER - (Exclusive EP Version)

Tracklisting:

1. Wild At Heart

2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

3. Dark But Just a Game

4. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

5. Yosemite

6. Tulsa Jesus Freak

7. Dance Till We Die

8. White Dress

(I always imagine what if "White Dress" was a closure instead of F*r Fr**, it would be a magnificent way to end an album)

BLUE BANISTERS (THE WHITE HOT EDITION) 

Disc 1: White Hot Forever - EP

Disc 2: Blue Banisters

BLUE BANISTERS (THE WHITE HOT EDITION) - BOX SET

Disc 3: Bonus tracks

1. Let Me Love You Like a Woman

2. Fine China

3. Breaking Up Slowly (feat. Nikki Lane)

4. For Free (feat. Zella day & Weyes Blood)

5. Wild One

Spoiler

6. Boom Like That (2021 Haus Party Remix) [feat. Azealia Banks]

Ikx3RkA.jpg

eXTO4Rq.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

23 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

In case Ben & Ed wanna pull off a 'Dula Peep' moment for Lana:

WHITE HOT FOREVER - (Exclusive EP Version)

Tracklisting:

1. Wild At Heart

2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

3. Dark But Just a Game

4. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

5. Yosemite

6. Tulsa Jesus Freak

7. Dance Till We Die

8. White Dress

(I always imagine what if "White Dress" was a closure instead of F*r Fr**, it would be a magnificent way to end an album)

BLUE BANISTERS (THE WHITE HOT EDITION) - BOX SET

Disc 1: White Hot Forever - EP

Disc 2: Blue Banisters

Disc 3: Bonus tracks

1. Let Me Love You Like a Woman

2. Fine China

3. Breaking Up Slowly (feat. Nikki Lane)

4. For Free (feat. Zella day & Weyes Blood)

5. Wild One

Hide contents

6. Boom Like That (2021 Haus Party Remix) [feat. Azealia Banks]

Omg this CONCEPT. Now I gotta go rearrange my COCC tracklist :oprah:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

3 hours ago, synecdoche2 said:

This is the three-step process to listening to D*****.
1. Wtf?

2. Strangely addicted; can’t stop listening

3. This is the best song ever.

it's a cult

Well well well... after lurking on LB for over 2 years I've finally decided to create an account lmao :oopna:
I guess I've kinda been a part of this community for quite some time now already... but now I FINALLY get to be a part of the discussions (and the meltdowns)!!!

Anyways, I'm as excited for BB as y'all are - and I'm SO glad Text Book is the opener since it's really become one of my favorite Lana songs over the past few months :wub:

3 minutes ago, bonkbanisters said:

Well well well... after lurking on LB for over 2 years I've finally decided to create an account lmao :oopna:
I guess I've kinda been a part of this community for quite some time now already... but now I FINALLY get to be a part of the discussions (and the meltdowns)!!!

Anyways, I'm as excited for BB as y'all are - and I'm SO glad Text Book is the opener since it's really become one of my favorite Lana songs over the past few months :wub:

Welcome to the circus! Glad you decided to join us. :wave2:

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Omg this CONCEPT. Now I gotta go rearrange my COCC tracklist :oprah:

make a playlist!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Random thoughts on the album: 

- Text Book is all about her daddy issues; WFWF is all about her mommy issues, so maybe the album has two parts: first, how her daddy issues impacted her relationships and how her mommy issues impacted them as well;

- Sweet Carolina could be how she made peace with her dad, or has some hints at it (since he co-write it);

- Arcadia is probably the word she did say summarized the last 18 months of her life and that she alluded to in an interview (Music Week? Can’t remember);

- BoZ saying Arcadia was mainly piano makes me wonder if he heard the MV version, with little to no strings and horns;

- The horns on Arcadia bring a sorta  victory sound to her « battle » with critics. 

3 hours ago, Rainbows said:

I don’t think critics ignored COCC at all. It’s the most reviewed “mainstream” album of the year. It actually received very good reviews too which is surprising considering her reputation at the time. 

The Metacritic score is 81/100, which isn't bad, of course, but is like, what--a B - or a C +?  

After LFL and NFR!, I didn't see the massive amount of reviews, good or bad or in the middle, for COCC that those albums received. 

1 hour ago, bonkbanisters said:

another poor soul who has actually spent hours scrolling through all of this and still decided to join :ma: welcome <3

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

40 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

The Metacritic score is 81/100, which isn't bad, of course, but is like, what--a B - or a C +?  

After LFL and NFR!, I didn't see the massive amount of reviews, good or bad or in the middle, for COCC that those albums received. 

I don't know how it works in the states but at my university 81% was an A- :true:

BLUE BANISTERS WILL BE A WIDESPREAD UNIVERSAL CRITICAL ACCLAIM.

IT WILL GAIN >89/100 METASCORE

I SAY WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Not the COCC slander again. It’s perfect as it is and it perfectly works as a whole album. For Free is beautiful and the LMLYLAW hate is too much. It’s not her best song but the melody is gorgeous and it improves within the album context.

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

BLUE BANISTERS WILL BE A WIDESPREAD UNIVERSAL CRITICAL ACCLAIM.

IT WILL GAIN >89/100 METASCORE

I SAY WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

It’s about time she reaches her first 90.

This is how Metacritic works:

100 = A

91 = A-

83 = B+

75 = B

67 = B-

58 = C+

50 = C

42 = C-

33 = D+

25 = D

16 = D-

8 = F+

0 = F

Norman fucking Rockwell! - 87 (B+/A-)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - 81 (B/B+)

Honeymoon - 78 (B/B+)

Lust for Life - 77 (B/B+)

Ultraviolence - 74 (B-/B)

Paradise - 64 (C+/B)

Born to Die - 62 (C+/B)

4 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

This is how Metacritic works:

100 = A

91 = A-

83 = B+

75 = B

67 = B-

58 = C+

50 = C

42 = C-

33 = D+

25 = D

16 = D-

8 = F+

0 = F

Norman fucking Rockwell! - 87 (B+/A-)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - 81 (B/B+)

Honeymoon - 78 (B/B+)

Lust for Life - 77 (B/B+)

Ultraviolence - 74 (B-/B)

Paradise - 64 (C+/B)

Born to Die - 62 (C+/B)

imagine putting Lust For Life in the same level of the immaculate piece of art called Honeymoon...:ohsnap:

disrespectful at least