Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Thunder and Dealer literally outsold cocc alone :eartha2:

5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Thunder and Dealer literally outsold cocc alone :eartha2:

U tell em lust sweaty werk mama fave tea spiller much Betts than eclipse or miss zoned out of the black 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

43 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

Not the COCC slander again. It’s perfect as it is and it perfectly works as a whole album. For Free is beautiful and the LMLYLAW hate is too much. It’s not her best song but the melody is gorgeous and it improves within the album context.

It’s about time she reaches her first 90.

I am certainly not criticizing COCC. It’s one of my 3  favorites of her albums. I’m talking about the critical reaction and the lack of ripples it made in the culture. 

I’m honestly really torn on what the critical reception for this record will be. I’m expecting for her to at least beat LFL’s score on Metacritic as signs are pointing to it being her most mature work to date, but I’m not sure past that!

She’s definitely taking risks with this record, but it’s tough to say how her creative choices will be received. Dealer is definitely going to be a toss-up with critics, but the track’s more atypical elements make perfect since in the context of the song’s meaning. 

Text Book’s lyrics have—as far as I’ve seen from music reviewers—been noted positively, but the lines of the chorus have been criticized by less established listeners. 

I’m anticipating criticisms of cohesion because of the interlude’s production next to all of the tracks we’ve heard, but it’s worth noting there’s a portion of the album we haven’t heard yet. 

The triple singles (in my opinion) have some of her best songwriting to date, but how will critics feel about the lyrics from her earlier works? Will they even notice a difference, or will they have a bias towards them?

I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I would be shocked if she hits below 75. I’m hoping for a 90, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my end—a mid-80s is probably more realistic 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m honestly really torn on what the critical reception for this record will be. I’m expecting for her to at least beat LFL’s score on Metacritic as signs are pointing to it being her most mature work to date, but I’m not sure past that!

She’s definitely taking risks with this record, but it’s tough to say how her creative choices will be received. Dealer is definitely going to be a toss-up with critics, but the track’s more atypical elements make perfect since in the context of the song’s meaning. 

Text Book’s lyrics have—as far as I’ve seen from music reviewers—been noted positively, but the lines of the chorus have been criticized by less established listeners. 

I’m anticipating criticisms of cohesion because of the interlude’s production next to all of the tracks we’ve heard, but it’s worth noting there’s a portion of the album we haven’t heard yet. 

The triple singles (in my opinion) have some of her best songwriting to date, but how will critics feel about the lyrics from her earlier works? Will they even notice a difference, or will they have a bias towards them?

I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I would be shocked if she hits below 75. I’m hoping for a 90, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my end 

everything she has released so far is very good stuff, I honestly expect an 85+.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I don't know why I have the impression that Lana is coming back with an album produced by Mike Dean, this feels like the typical thing artists do, they disappear and then come back out of nowhere with a phenomenal album (Lorde with melodrama for example). 
I think during this era we won't have any kind of announcement regarding: singles, videos, let alone interviews. Everything will be released out of nowhere. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Text book as the opener is so perfect it's one bass guitar note three seconds of silence then one her best lines ever "I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back" a one sentence answer to the daddy issues question hello????????? Hello??!?????

singles indicate amazing album but the fact that it's mostly compilation of outtakes might drag it down. I'm not expecting anything. I would've prefered two seperate albums - one just with outtakes and the other with BB/TB/WW sound.

i'm wondering how it'll be different around bc of her absence from social media. they're not gonna look so good bullying a woman who already never really liked the fame, that or they're just gonna look plain stupid for changing things up to make themselves look sweet. 

they have a lot of word hurdles to do. 

UV/Honeymoon