Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

9 minutes ago, lover said:

this really goes ????

Hide contents

I love building my own story-oriented playlists so I'd really like to hear what's the storyline behind this!

well the main gist behind it is that the narrator (lana) goes back to their hometown looking for her father, but instead finds someone she used to know. an old flame, who reminds her of him in some ways (not all of them positive). she is sort of trying to escape LA by doing this, and not just the place, but the people and the environment. she knows that this guy has some issues, but since she last saw him, he seems to have found peace and some sort of faith in god. she decides to leave LA for good with him, but it turns out his faith isn’t in a god but in his vices such as alcohol, etc. (also, afraid is in the wrong place. it should go after breaking up slowly.) but anyway, after the events of fine china which i won’t detail here, she finds a newfound love for the people who actually do care about her, as well as LA which she realizes is her true home. by the end, she realizes that even if she didn’t have control in every aspect of her life, she is able to control  the energies that she chooses to surround herself, namely through her music. sorry if that’s super long and a stupid idea btw i just wanted a bit of fun haha.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

well the main gist behind it is that the narrator (lana) goes back to their hometown looking for her father, but instead finds someone she used to know. an old flame, who reminds her of him in some ways (not all of them positive). she is sort of trying to escape LA by doing this, and not just the place, but the people and the environment. she knows that this guy has some issues, but since she last saw him, he seems to have found peace and some sort of faith in god. she decides to leave LA for good with him, but it turns out his faith isn’t in a god but in his vices such as alcohol, etc. (also, afraid is in the wrong place. it should go after breaking up slowly.) but anyway, after the events of fine china which i won’t detail here, she finds a newfound love for the people who actually do care about her, as well as LA which she realizes is her true home. by the end, she realizes that even if she didn’t have control in every aspect of her life, she is able to control  the energies that she chooses to surround herself, namely through her music. sorry if that’s super long and a stupid idea btw i just wanted a bit of fun haha.

i predicted that 100% :true: 

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, yassgrenade said:

i attempted to rearrange the tracklists of chemtrails and the songs we have from blue banisters in order to make a more cohesive story and sound. i spent hours on it and i will definitely change it once the album is officially released. currently it’s:

1. blue banisters 
  2. text book
  3. tulsa jesus freak
  4. dark but just a game
  5. not all who wander are lost
  6. wildflower wildfire
  7. let me love you like a woman 
  8. wild at heart
  9. yosemite
  10. chemtrails over the country club
  11. thunder
  12. afraid (if it had a rework)
  13. breaking up slowly
  14. fine china
  15. cherry blossom
  16. nectar of the gods
  17. i don’t wanna go (hypothetical rework)
  18. arcadia
  19. dealer
  20. dance till we die
  21. living legend
  22. for free
  23. white dress

its a story oriented playlist so i wonder if anyone can guess what the storyline i planned out for the track list was ?

i’m actually rearranging the back half of the track list right now cause i want the story to be more cohesive, but i will update y’all tomorrow on this ?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

sorry if that’s super long and a stupid idea btw i just wanted a bit of fun haha.

no no that's really cool :ahh: imagine the power of playing Thunder - Breaking Up Slowly - Fine China - LA Who Am I To Love You - Afraid back to back though, just a recommendation! 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

3 minutes ago, lover said:

no no that's really cool :ahh: imagine the power of playing Thunder - Breaking Up Slowly - Fine China - LA Who Am I To Love You - Afraid back to back though, just a recommendation! 

i am actually tempted to add some violet interludes into this… but i actually just changed that track run to Chemtrails - Afraid - IDWG - Breaking Up Slowly - Thunder - Fine China - Arcadia to better reflect how the turn of events in how their fights led to him leaving her and her leaving back to LA. I think LA Who Am I to Love You would go really great between Fine China and Arcadia though ?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

i’m actually rearranging the back half of the track list right now cause i want the story to be more cohesive, but i will update y’all tomorrow on this ?

My only thing that I don't like is that it's roughly an hour and 41 minutes long and wouldn't fit in a single disc that caps at 80 minutes (1 hour 12 minutes)

Just now, The Siren said:

My only thing that I don't like is that it's roughly an hour and 41 minutes long and wouldn't fit in a single disc that caps at 80 minutes (1 hour 12 minutes)

true but it also kinda functions as a mental movie soundtrack (at least that what it is for me) and that’s about a standard film length so it doesn’t bother me that it’s super long ?

UPDATE: play fine china - la who am i to love you - arcadia. it’s a spiritual experience.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

i am actually tempted to add some violet interludes into this… but i actually just changed that track run to Chemtrails - Afraid - IDWG - Breaking Up Slowly - Thunder - Fine China - Arcadia to better reflect how the turn of events in how their fights led to him leaving her and her leaving back to LA. I think LA Who Am I to Love You would go really great between Fine China and Arcadia though ?

With this change, where would cherry blossom and nectar of the gods go? They'd just sit between Arcadia and dealer. 

4 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:
7 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

let's have streaming party before that. It's 5 weeks left so we might as well spend a whole week to stream one album.

Chemtrails this week and then NFR - L4L - HM - UV - BTD+P

i wish lana stans were this organized :crai:

we need to learn smth from the kpop community:clapback:

3 minutes ago, dungdung said:

Maybe if Lana collabed with BTS or blackpink :blush3:

7 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

let's have streaming party before that. It's 5 weeks left so we might as well spend a whole week to stream one album.

Chemtrails this week and then NFR - L4L - HM - UV - BTD+P

When do we start? :hoe:

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

When do we start? :hoe:

we start from today for COTCC

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Thunder Corpse said:

Do we have an update "everything the insiders told us" post?

I did not really keep up with the information about whether or not songs were reworked

No you should have been keeping up. Too bad you will just have to wait and see?

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

5 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

No you should have been keeping up. Too bad you will just have to wait and see?

You know, I'm all for a bit of fun in those endless pre-release threads, but you are starting to get really annoying  - and not in a cute or funny way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, The Siren said:
1 hour ago, dungdung said:

as much as i love BP, it will be a disaster and a curse:twirls:

3 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

We really don’t, they are literally deranged.

God yeah - I always thought  western-pop-girl-fandoms would be crazy, but the Kpop community is something else. I remember some weird incidents on german political twitter, when commedians manipulated Kpop-fans to rally against a right-wing party. It was fun to watch, but completely ridiculous how easy it was to make those people completely lash out collectively in THE. MOST. TOXIC way (not even knowing why they did it)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!