Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

My ex just texted me he got into a Vogue internship which interview I got for him when we were dating. We had a little bonding moment between the two of us, which was heartbreaking for me because even though I know we’re both madly in love with each other, we want different things… or maybe we’re in different timings. It’s like we used to be in the same wave for a period in time but now the sea has driven us apart and we’re at different points in the ocean; still able to feel our connection permeating between us but not close enough for an embrace.

He misses me and he told me that. I said I couldn’t possibly express what I feel through words (spoken or written) but a song perhaps could. 
So I sent him Thunder. He saw my reply but hasn’t answered yet. I can almost feel him spinning the song on an endless loop, drinking all the emotion off of it. As I’m doing right now as well - both connected through four and a half minutes of a bittersweet journey.

Sorry for the random post but I feel like I wanted to share this with my LB family. My heart aches but there’s something about Thunder, in the midst of all the nostalgia and resignation that keeps me going. I can’t wait to be able to listen to it in our queen’s new album. What a time to be alive.

Just do it… just do it, don’t wait.

i really thought this would end w him spilling about some incoming lana vogue issue:toofloppy:

7 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

We are getting a whole album in a month, did u hear abt that? :oprah3:

Yeah, but we can only wait now. Before, we'd at least theorize or joke about Lana's posts, see what the insiders had to say about the album...

But now... :eartha2: is this what being a stan in the early 2000s felt like

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Yeah, but we can only wait now. Before, we'd at least theorize or joke about Lana's posts, see what the insiders had to say about the album...

I miss Lana‘s ig too :cryney2: now we’re in our y2k baby pink juicy couture tracksuit phase :xcry:

mUENGN9.png

So if the vinyls are ready to be shipped Friday oct 29, that’s not that much of a difference between Thursday oct 28. My new theory is, that they’re gonna wait and see what the sales predictions are with only digital streams/sales, CDs, and cassettes first. Then if they’re strong enough for a good debut and hopefully a number 1,, great, vinyls will simply help secure a strong second week as well. If they’re not, they’ll push up the vinyl shipments a day to Thursday oct 28 so they count for first week sales, which will guarantee strong first week sales and probably a number 1. Unless someone else announces a release. 

Thoughts? Maybe I’m just delusional and they’ll never think that much effort out, or, they’re really giving this a good go!

7 minutes ago, Distantly said:

So if the vinyls are ready to be shipped Friday oct 29, that’s not that much of a difference between Thursday oct 28. My new theory is, that they’re gonna wait and see what the sales predictions are with only digital streams/sales, CDs, and cassettes first. Then if they’re strong enough for a good debut and hopefully a number 1,, great, vinyls will simply help secure a strong second week as well. If they’re not, they’ll push up the vinyl shipments a day to Thursday oct 28 so they count for first week sales, which will guarantee strong first week sales and probably a number 1. Unless someone else announces a release. 

Thoughts? Maybe I’m just delusional and they’ll never think that much effort out, or, they’re really giving this a good go!

wait… this lowkey makes a lot of sense… and we already know vinyl sales are gonna be through the roof esp seeing that half the preorders are already sold out. and with cocc’s vinyl sales i’m sure they had a pretty large number of them made so ?  if streams/cds/cassettes don’t get her to #1, the  vinyls 100% will

53 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

we gotta wait until next week's gossip magazine arrive with some news then :prettyhurts:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

23 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

listening to Chemtrails and then starting what we have it BB is actually great. they sound like they really should've been 2 disc sets and were meant to go together. textbook after Dance till We Die (bc we skip For Free) is perfect

I would never skip 'For Free'. It's an incredible song IMO, in every every way possible. I feel very lucky that I can listen to Lana on a high-end system that's pretty much built for her music. It really sounds like a concert in my living room. Wish I could share a photo. I just wish people (the doubters) could experience 'For Free' on a system that reveals the full dynamic range of that song. I played FF to a friend who never listens to Lana and it made her tearful, she was overwhelmed with emotion. Anyway, sorry to interrupt a BB thread but not everyone dislikes that song. Maybe if everyone liked it, it wouldn't be that good ;)

QFTC-  inspired by the upcoming 10th anniversary of Born to Die and the amazing fan-made book project, I’ve been playing the album and feeling my philosophical self. Can anyone imagine the culture if LANA DEL REY never rose to fame and remained an obscure performance artist? I shudder at the thought. I think I’d be truly dead by spontaneous combustion in a 2010s world of Gagas, Kardashians, and vapid influencers alone. 

Some good performers make bops and some great musicians make a couple of powerful albums if they’re lucky, but Lana has given us a whole unassailable catalog of songs that serve many functions, not least as biting and brilliant cultural critiques. Lana isn’t a bop machine, nor even simply a rocket to the moon, but for a regular Joe like me she’s a whole ticket to the cosmos. Transformative and transcendent. Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever love another human like I love and am grateful for Elizabeth Grant’s open and often bleeding heart.

I know this is the BB pre-release thread and I’m getting there. What I’ve heard of the album is so truly magnificent that I barely have words. I cannot stop playing Living Legend-Cherry Blossom-Nectar of the Gods. Dealer and Thunder feel like an evolution of my favorite sounds from Lust for Life (a monumental work I’ll defend to my dying breath). Text Book and Blue Banisters scared me when they first released but sound incredible in the larger context. Wildflower Wildfire is a Heroin-level track in my humble opinion. And Arcadia. Oh, Arcadia. Listening like I listened to Video Games means playing the video on YT and seeing the truth of Hollywood in the eyes of Paz de la Huerta. Only this time the truth is fully in Lana, fully possessing her authorial power, and it isn’t just Hollywood but the mercurial and painful Arcadia we’re all living in. I love her I truly love her. And I’m so completely thankful.

1 hour ago, brandon said:

wait… this lowkey makes a lot of sense… and we already know vinyl sales are gonna be through the roof esp seeing that half the preorders are already sold out. and with cocc’s vinyl sales i’m sure they had a pretty large number of them made so ?  if streams/cds/cassettes don’t get her to #1, the  vinyls 100% will

There's also 4 vinyl variants this time (with 3 amazing covers) so some people will get at least 2 different ones based on the cover (or even 3 or 4 to collect every cover/variant) so I think it's going to sell even more than Chemtrails vinyl-wise. 

Even if she doesn't get the number 1 she'll have at least two good weeks.

I wonder if this was premeditated or Friday was the earliest they could ship the vinyl in the US :delish:

giphy.gif

On 9/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Honeyyoung said:

this is EXACTLY how i imagine the thunder MV being like

david reis | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

DAVID LACHAPELLE HAS TO DO AN ALBUM PHOTOSHOOT FOR LANA AT LEAST ONCE I SAID WHAT I SAID!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

DAVID LACHAPELLE HAS TO DO AN ALBUM PHOTOSHOOT FOR LANA AT LEAST ONCE I SAID WHAT I SAID!

maybe when she wants to be a main pop girl again like in the lust for life era

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

And not end up like Britney's album shoot for glory :coffee:

pls, we all know Rob Grant aint no Jamie Spears at least.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

5 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

@Whore of Tropico Wait, what do you need my opinion on, I'm confused. :icant: Time zones? Sounds like a fun idea if we can get people outside of LB to join too.

YESS LET'S GO KWEEN.

Og, opinions on the whole "streaming party countdown" idea & time zone as well gurl, i dont know whats the perfect timezone for a release party?

And is this related to BB thread or should we have a different thread for "streaming party"?

If u guys going to participate the streaming party we should pull it off sometime this week.

It's "Chemtrails" week y'all :hype: