Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

26 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Black Bathing Suit: Boz said that it's fun to see how excited people are for this track; he'll stay quiet because we have to look forward to something until the album's release. @lustforlife said that the track is an "invite" and will surprise us a lot. Make of it what you will. 

If You Lie Down With Me: -

Beautiful: according to lustforlife, it has surf rock influences.

Violets for Roses: according to lustforlife, it's about a toxic relationship, breaking up and healing.

Sweet Carolina: again, according to lustforlife, it's a very emotional track and a personal favourite on the album (he also thinks that it's an even better closer than hope is dangerous thing...). 

:judgingu3:

I really hope that of those are true. This album would really be a great « looking back at all eras » homage. 

43 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I mean for Lanas sake I hope it does not leak (even though my impatient ass would instantly listen to it) but I can't with this "hear it the way it's MEANT to be heard" argument.

Seriously, release dates are picked by the label according to marketing strategies, avoiding other big releases and production and preperation schedules. It's not that deep and I doubt that Lana cares whether someone hears the album on October 8th or 22nd for any other reason than not wanting people to listen to it without her getting cash.

"hear the way it's meant to be heard" means listening to the album in HIGH QUALITY - that's the way it's meant to be heard!

You can take those 84kbps-128kbps for your sake if ur starving to death, but we dont want OUR FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE this beautiful body of work to be those LQ/MQ half-assed CD/Cassette rip like those horrible leaks back in NFR era - which still haunts me till this day & i wish nothing more that i'd never heard that horrible LQ leaks before actual release date. It was such a beautiful album.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

"hear the way it's meant to be heard" means listening to the album in HIGH QUALITY - that's the way it's meant to be heard! You can take those 84kbps-128kbps for your sake but we dont want OUR FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE this beautiful body of work with those LQ/MQ half-assed CD/Cassette rip like those horrible leaks back in NFR era - which still haunts me till this day & i wish nothing more that i'd never heard that horrible LQ leaks before actual release date. It was such a beautiful album.

hey now cassette rips have a certain nostalgia to them

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

hey now cassette rips have a certain nostalgia to them

but i want my first time with an album at the most of its performance - which is highest / lossless quality. :lange: Imagine the MAGIC of that:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

51 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Black Bathing Suit: Boz said that it's fun to see how excited people are for this track; he'll stay quiet because we have to look forward to something until the album's release. @lustforlife said that the track is an "invite" and will surprise us a lot. Make of it what you will. 

Violets for Roses: according to lustforlife, it's about a toxic relationship, breaking up and healing.

Sweet Carolina: again, according to lustforlife, it's a very emotional track, a personal favourite on the album and an even better closer than hope is dangerous thing...). 

She is coming for blood :blush3:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

19 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

"hear the way it's meant to be heard" means listening to the album in HIGH QUALITY - that's the way it's meant to be heard!

You can take those 84kbps-128kbps for your sake if ur starving to death, but we dont want OUR FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE this beautiful body of work to be those LQ/MQ half-assed CD/Cassette rip like those horrible leaks back in NFR era - which still haunts me till this day & i wish nothing more that i'd never heard that horrible LQ leaks before actual release date. It was such a beautiful album.

CoCC´and NFR leaked in pretty good  CD quality though so I don't really get the melodramatic meltdown hun :bebe:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

in my mind, bonus tracks are: Fine China & Wild One lol

Those songs would fit perfectly on the track list! ❤️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Sweet Carolina: again, according to lustforlife, it's a very emotional track, a personal favourite on the album and an even better closer than hope is dangerous thing...). 

i need this to leak NOW

10 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

BUY THE ALBUM AND STREAM IT.. :typewriter:

I love having Spotify Premium

giphy.gif

RANT incoming, pls skip this post, I regret posting this: (I feel like no one was really talking about this topic, except maybe one post, and I kinda went on a crazy rant... it retrospect, I probably didn't need to, but I also stand by what I've said, sorry not sorry :peace:)

God the leak argument is so insufferable every SINGLE album. Listen to it however the fuck you want to. Don't act "holier than thou" for holding out and waiting, that's your personal decision not anyone else's. I have always bought CD's, preordered albums, preordered vinyls so I have no problem with listening to leaks because I know in the end they're getting my money regardless so don't act like that's a point either. Sure it may suck for Lana and I feel bad in those cases (like the Untouchable Five leak which really fucked her whole process but that's different from a finished album leak...) but in the end it really doesn't matter, luckily she's off social media now. Honestly, she doesn't even know I exist (even tho we got a pic together that one time lol) so I don't think it matters if I listen to a leak or not.

We're gonna hear the album eventually, I don't care if it's casette quality or Dolby quality, I just want new music. And look the general public don't give two shits about leaks, the amount of times I try to talk to my friends about leaks and they don't even care is more embarrassing than you think. Like they really don't care and they would rather just wait (even when I've offered them links). It's mainly a fanbase thing and it goes back to my point of, just let people do what they wanna do, I don't care how you hear the album, I don't care if you ever listen to the album, I just can't be bothered with the preachiness of it all. Also if one listen of shitty quality ruins the album for you, then I feel bad for you it shouldn't be that deep sis.

Things have always been this way. I remember the days of Paradise where we got so many snippets people were literally making their own versions of the songs to tide us all over until it came out or leaked. Did that spoil Paradise for me?? Fuck no, because when I listened to the CD in my car as I drove with the windows down it was still more perfect than I could imagine.

Also I bet everyone that says "Don't listen to leaks it's not how Lana intended for us to hear the music" has also listened to Lana's unreleased music. Which is ironic because she has explicitly said so many times how she wishes people didn't and hates how those songs have leaked. Have you stopped listening to them?? Probably not, and good because they're amazing. I don't care what you do, you shouldn't care what anyone else does. Just get off your high horses.

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

9 minutes ago, yayoop said:

RANT incoming, pls skip this post, I regret posting this:

God the leak argument is so insufferable every SINGLE album. Listen to it however the fuck you want to. Don't act "holier than thou" for holding out and waiting, that's your personal decision not anyone else's. I have always bought CD's, preordered albums, preordered vinyls so I have no problem with listening to leaks because I know in the end they're getting my money regardless so don't act like that's a point either. Sure it may suck for Lana and I feel bad in those cases (like the Untouchable Five leak which really fucked her whole process but that's different from a finished album leak...) but in the end it really doesn't matter, luckily she's off social media now. Honestly, she doesn't even know I exist (even tho we got a pic together that one time lol) so I don't think it matters if I listen to a leak or not.

We're gonna hear the album eventually, I don't care if it's casette quality or Dolby quality, I just want new music. And look the general public don't give two shits about leaks, the amount of times I try to talk to my friends about leaks and they don't even care is more embarrassing than you think. Like they really don't care and they would rather just wait (even when I've offered them links). It's mainly a fanbase thing and it goes back to my point of, just let people do what they wanna do, I don't care how you hear the album, I don't care if you ever listen to the album, I just can't be bothered with the preachiness of it all. Also if one listen of shitty quality ruins the album for you, then I feel bad for you it shouldn't be that deep sis.

Things have always been this way. I remember the days of Paradise where we got so many snippets people were literally making their own versions of the songs to tide us all over until it came out or leaked. Did that spoil Paradise for me?? Fuck no, because when I listened to the CD in my car as I drove with the windows down it was still more perfect than I could imagine.

Also I bet everyone that says "Don't listen to leaks it's not how Lana intended for us to hear the music" has also listened to Lana's unreleased music. Which is ironic because she has explicitly said so many times how she wishes people didn't and hates how those songs have leaked. Have you stopped listening to them?? Probably not, and good because they're amazing. I don't care what you do, you shouldn't care what anyone else does. Just get off your high horses.

I REMEMBER THAT TOO! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE GODS AND MONSTERS EDITS PEOPLE WOULD MAKE

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

I REMEMBER THAT TOO! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE GODS AND MONSTERS EDITS PEOPLE WOULD MAKE

LEGIT!! I wish I still had them just to compare!! We were so blessed but so oversaturated with snippets, how times have changed!

25 minutes ago, yayoop said:

RANT incoming, pls skip this post, I regret posting this: (I feel like no one was really talking about this topic, except maybe one post, and I kinda went on a crazy rant... it retrospect, I probably didn't need to, but I also stand by what I've said, sorry not sorry :peace:)

Very well said. We should think of ourselves and everyone else as free. Free to think what we want and act as we want. Obviously, others will think and act in accordance with their own inner dictates and desires; that's their business. 

Some may think they have the high moral ground, but no one wants to hear about it, so it's best to keep it to yourself; if you actually do have it, there's no need to shout it out to the heavens. There's so much cheap moralizing around today. 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Very well said. We should think of ourselves and everyone else as free. Free to think what we want and act as we want. Obviously, others will think and act in accordance with their own inner dictates and desires; that's their business. 

Some may think they have the high moral ground, but no one wants to hear that, so it's best to keep it to yourself; if you actually do have it, there's no need to shout it out to the heavens. 

Exactly. Preaching to the CHOIR. We're not arguing over vaccines or anything, it's just music. It ain't that serious fam :candy:

1 hour ago, yayoop said:

I remember the days of Paradise where we got so many snippets people were literally making their own versions of the songs to tide us all over until it came out or leaked.

I remember people doing this with NFR! snippets and listening to the fanmade HIAB all release week :trisha: except in this case we had heard so much of the songs beforehand in the snippets the fanmade versions were identical to the official :crai:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost