Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

10 minutes ago, Style said:

I remember people doing this with NFR! snippets and listening to the fanmade HIAB all release week :trisha: except in this case we had heard so much of the songs beforehand in the snippets the fanmade versions were identical to the official :crai:

I guess kind of close to the officials ahahah, I remember people thinking HIAB was just gonna be another piano ballad (lol), but that still didn't ruin the album did it? NFR ended up critically acclaimed and regardless of that opinion, NFR was still amazing. Honestly CoCC was just as good but no one's ready for that conversation yet :brows:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Just now, yayoop said:

I guess kind of close to the officials ahahah, I remember people thinking HAIB was just gonna be another piano ballad (lol), but that still didn't ruin the album did it? NFR ended up critically acclaimed and regardless of that opinion, NFR was still amazing. Honestly CoCC was just as good but no one's ready for that conversation yet :brows:

i think nfr is better than chemtrails as a whole but chemtrails has better individual songs. however it’s too short and has a wide range of songs better than nfr and worse than nfr

blue banisters coming to end both though :lange:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

4 minutes ago, Style said:

i think nfr is better than chemtrails as a whole but chemtrails has better individual songs. however it’s too short and has a wide range of songs better than nfr and worse than nfr

blue banisters coming to end both though :lange:

I actually agree

NFR makes more sonical? (lol) sense whereas CoCC is more conceptually sound. They're both the anti-christs of each other

I honestly have no doubt that BB is gonna top both of those albums. The concept is there and the production is gonna be just as powerful. I have faith that BB will truly smack us in the face

LDR8 = BB, AHS8 = Apocalypse. The joint end is near

1 minute ago, yayoop said:

Why?

my guess would be it just has that flair that you'd expect from an LDR title. It's evocative but also mysterious. Obvioulsy Arcadia is a symbol of utopia, but there's many personal utopias she could elude to with said title. Idk. BB def makes sense as a title too, but Arcadia being the title track at some point doesn't seem too unlikely

Just like Honeymoon was a synthesis of Born to Die's Old Hollywood imagery and Ultraviolence's emotional devastation, Blue Banisters will be a synthesis of Norman Fucking Rockwell's emotional connection to its listeners while exploring the singer-songwriter poetics of Chemtrails Over the Country Club

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i honestly really like the "blue banisters" album title, since it seems like it's very symbolic & meaningful, even if it doesn't seem like it if you haven't heard the title track, although i will say, i think "arcadia" would've been a fabulous album title as well :) 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Why?

arcadia holds more meaning for what she's going through, and as the album is about "what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now", it makes more sense for it to be called the thing she's looking for, the place she wants to be at and the state of mind she wants to be as. plus "Blue Banisters" sounds corny and doesn't really make any statements, imo

I much prefer Blue Banisters as an album title. Given the fact that many of the songs so far touch more deeply into her personal history, the name Blue Banisters has more personal, homely resonance to me than Arcadia does. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

my guess would be it just has that flair that you'd expect from an LDR title. It's evocative but also mysterious. Obvioulsy Arcadia is a symbol of utopia, but there's many personal utopias she could elude to with said title. Idk. BB def makes sense as a title too, but Arcadia being the title track at some point doesn't seem too unlikely

yeah also all of her album titles aren't actual things, like if you think about it titles like "Born To Die", "Ultraviolence" and "Lust For Life" are concepts and ideas, while "Blue Banisters" are literal banisters for the stairs that have the color blue. it isn't as abstract as her previous titles

Blue Banisters being the album title makes a lot of sense when you listen to the song and the lyrics. They feel very representative of Lana's life/the place she's in right now. Plus, there's references to her family and friends in the song, which seems to make it special to her.

imageproxy.jpg

Idk, I think the title track of this record is one of her more abstract and contemplative songs to date. At the end of the song, we see the blue banisters changing colors, possibly representing the place she is today or the place she wants to be, where the women and friends in her life uplift her from the state of sadness she was once in. 

Yeah, pretty much what @Super Movie said.

11 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

arcadia holds more meaning for what she's going through, and as the album is about "what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now", it makes more sense for it to be called the thing she's looking for, the place she wants to be at and the state of mind she wants to be as. plus "Blue Banisters" sounds corny and doesn't really make any statements, imo

I appreciate that!

I get what you mean, I guess Arcadia is a beautiful sounding title and it does have the name of destination, but I personally don't think it suits the direction of the album - to me I feel like CoCC could've been called Arcadia.

If Blue Banisters wasn't a title track I wouldn't think it would make much sense but given that it is the title track, I feel like it's given a lot more context to why it's the album title. It talks about establishment, something being constructed and altered. It exists in a pre-existing form as well as a current form and an intended future form. (harking back to that "what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now" phrase she was talking about)

I find there's something homely about the title Banisters, it's like a symbol of support on an upward climb, the fact she's talking about a journey seems to reinforce that idea of a climb. And in the song it represents how she thought she needed a man to paint her banisters but instead it was the friends and family she needed instead, almost like they're helping her climb this huge mountain in front of her as opposed to this man who will only help her if she agrees to obey him.

Even the cover artworks make sense with BlueBanisters, the photo of her solely with Tex and Mex assumably in front of her banisters, the dramatic side-profile looking upwards to a higher place and the JohnDeere photo referenced in BB. 

3 hours ago, yayoop said:

RANT incoming, pls skip this post, I regret posting this: (I feel like no one was really talking about this topic, except maybe one post, and I kinda went on a crazy rant... it retrospect, I probably didn't need to, but I also stand by what I've said, sorry not sorry :peace:)

God the leak argument is so insufferable every SINGLE album. Listen to it however the fuck you want to. Don't act "holier than thou" for holding out and waiting, that's your personal decision not anyone else's. I have always bought CD's, preordered albums, preordered vinyls so I have no problem with listening to leaks because I know in the end they're getting my money regardless so don't act like that's a point either. Sure it may suck for Lana and I feel bad in those cases (like the Untouchable Five leak which really fucked her whole process but that's different from a finished album leak...) but in the end it really doesn't matter, luckily she's off social media now. Honestly, she doesn't even know I exist (even tho we got a pic together that one time lol) so I don't think it matters if I listen to a leak or not.

We're gonna hear the album eventually, I don't care if it's casette quality or Dolby quality, I just want new music. And look the general public don't give two shits about leaks, the amount of times I try to talk to my friends about leaks and they don't even care is more embarrassing than you think. Like they really don't care and they would rather just wait (even when I've offered them links). It's mainly a fanbase thing and it goes back to my point of, just let people do what they wanna do, I don't care how you hear the album, I don't care if you ever listen to the album, I just can't be bothered with the preachiness of it all. Also if one listen of shitty quality ruins the album for you, then I feel bad for you it shouldn't be that deep sis.

Things have always been this way. I remember the days of Paradise where we got so many snippets people were literally making their own versions of the songs to tide us all over until it came out or leaked. Did that spoil Paradise for me?? Fuck no, because when I listened to the CD in my car as I drove with the windows down it was still more perfect than I could imagine.

Also I bet everyone that says "Don't listen to leaks it's not how Lana intended for us to hear the music" has also listened to Lana's unreleased music. Which is ironic because she has explicitly said so many times how she wishes people didn't and hates how those songs have leaked. Have you stopped listening to them?? Probably not, and good because they're amazing. I don't care what you do, you shouldn't care what anyone else does. Just get off your high horses.

I don't see the problem with listening to leaks as long as I'm not the one who shares them online. I have a couple of them in my phone and it's for my personal consumption lol. Also, in a scenario where I can afford to pre-order a vinyl, I would want to know what the fuck is in it because I don't want to be disappointed and collect dust with it. I'm not a type of person to buy vinyl in sake of collecting but rather for playing them multiple times. 

It reminds me of the holier than thou attitude when people attack you whenever you ask a question about pirated games. Is the company paying you to gatekeep and defend? I feel so bad for pirating a movie/game from a multi billion dollar company, :trisha:. The Sims Community, I'm looking at you. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Arcadia is now in the top 5 of her most popular songs on Spotify! Something that none of the three previous singles achieved.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

10 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Arcadia is now in the top 5 of her most popular songs on Spotify! Something that none of the three previous singles achieved.

Here's the deal:

#JusticeforWildflowerWildfire :horror:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

5 hours ago, yayoop said:

I have always bought CD's, preordered albums, preordered vinyls so I have no problem with listening to leaks because I know in the end they're getting my money regardless so don't act like that's a point either. 

honestly :coffee: and most of the fans will stream the album for months after the official release if they like it so

Spoiler

I'd understand people being pissed off if leaks did something remarkable to her numbers or really messed with her creative/release process. but we all know the reason COCC sold so good was because of the vinyl variations; it didn't seem to do shit to the commercial success whether fans listened to the leak because they had already bought so many copies. she has such a loyal fanbase that buys records and streams regardless. I honestly don't believe it matters whether we listen to the leak two weeks or so before the official release

strong like a tree but the unlucky one