Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just listened to all of the Blue Banisters songs we have so far, in order, and whew...so good :oprah:

Obsessed with Text Book, Blue Banisters and Arcadia, but the last six tracks are going to destroy me when i'm able to stream them. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Fixed?

If you mean BB tracks being remastered go back one page we discussed it, if you mean NAWWAL and Yosemite then on Spotify they cut the end of NAWWAL wrong or something so at the end of the track there's a second of Yosemite that plays and it sounds weird bc it just repeats the beginning of the song (just a mixing error but it isn't on other platforms so idk what happened)

Edited by hashtagtylerh
Edited to sound nicer and add more information bc I came off as bitchy and that wasn't my intention

f6qI.gif

f6qJ.gif

f6qK.gif

f6qM.gif

:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

I wonder if they will even "fix" singles on Spotify as NAWWAL/Yosemite havent' been fixed for months. 

The beginning of Yosemite was fixed, but not the end of NAWWAL :(

However when an album drops on Spotify, we usually get the remastered versions of the songs (only if they got remastered obviously), I think that’s what happened with MAC and VB for NFR

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Okay, so I do think I hear the differences on Arcadia? The violin does seem slightly more prominent and it sounds like her vocals are more polished? Let's be clear though, the changes are so subtle. Like would I have ever noticed these differences had I not been looking for them? Probably not honestly???

Going to do Text Book next.

I don’t know if I’m the only one having this issue, but when I listen to Arcadia on Spotify, the volume of her voice when she belts seems too high, like the vocals are placed too forward in the mix, which sometimes creates a sort of distortion. When I listen to the exact same part on the song preview on Apple Music, the vocals seem perfectly placed in the mix and there’s no distortion at all.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Personally, Blue Banisters doesn't sound different? If anything, it's maybe a tiny bit more polished but I can't tell if I'm only hearing it because people said it was, or because it actually is more polished. 

I also don't really anything different on WW.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Arcadia while cooking

My hips, every high and byway
That you trace with your fingertips like a Toyota
Run your hands over me like a Land Rover

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493baa4vwl4y6mnzlzkycv

I think the remastered versions are basically just  more compressed so for example her voice in Arcadia doesn't get as piercingly loud in the chorus and you can hear more of the instrumentation particularly the violins. I noticed the same in TB and WFWF especially w the percussion which is cool because now the songs bang and slap that little bit more and just sound better

12 hours ago, yayoop said:

I appreciate that!

I get what you mean, I guess Arcadia is a beautiful sounding title and it does have the name of destination, but I personally don't think it suits the direction of the album - to me I feel like CoCC could've been called Arcadia.

If Blue Banisters wasn't a title track I wouldn't think it would make much sense but given that it is the title track, I feel like it's given a lot more context to why it's the album title. It talks about establishment, something being constructed and altered. It exists in a pre-existing form as well as a current form and an intended future form. (harking back to that "what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now" phrase she was talking about)

I find there's something homely about the title Banisters, it's like a symbol of support on an upward climb, the fact she's talking about a journey seems to reinforce that idea of a climb. And in the song it represents how she thought she needed a man to paint her banisters but instead it was the friends and family she needed instead, almost like they're helping her climb this huge mountain in front of her as opposed to this man who will only help her if she agrees to obey him.

Even the cover artworks make sense with BlueBanisters, the photo of her solely with Tex and Mex assumably in front of her banisters, the dramatic side-profile looking upwards to a higher place and the JohnDeere photo referenced in BB. 

I love this break down and agree with every word. Point Blue Banisters out as the support is a beautiful take. Because it is where she is currently at. Same with Arcadia being a point of destination. Sort of a get away. Cant wait to hear the album as a whole. 

You can hear her music in different ways depending in which mood or state you are. For example in Arcadia everytime I listen to I notice different things: the slow falling chorus and outro, the smoothly brass and strings, her warm soft voice, the overall melancholy. Sometimes I wish I could hear her songs for the first time again!